DND with benefits

Bestfriends

Question

I am not sure if this is implemented yet, but if not, here is my suggestion. What happens if you want to talk to only 1 person and you come online and talk to 5 or 7 people because either your a staff member or because you are a competitive expert like DoubleJ being pulled in all different directions. I have a solution, DND everyone and type in the names that are exempt from the rule. For example, if I am waiting for a PM in game from the trader and all the sudden, I get bombarded with PMs, do you think I can answer all of those PMs? The only people exempt from this suggestion is staff members because they usually PM someone if its an emergency or someone is unintentionally breaking rules.

As for staff members, I have a suggestion for them as well, have a "Community Block" option. This will ONLY allow other staff members to PM them without the need to break their DND status.

42c5d7116f6780e2b7059c92fcfa1928.jpg

I think this suggestion is beneficial for both the community and staff.

Edited by Bestfriends

12 answers to this question

Well we allready got whisper in window, can we list them there maybe ?^^
Whisper in window is already listed.
But yeah we can decline some and accept some peeps to talk with.

Edited by ArieJ

Well we allready got whisper in window, can we list them there maybe ?^^
Whisper in window is already listed.
But yeah we can decline some and accept some peeps to talk with.

I think this is also extremely beneficial for staff members as well. Staff love talking with their peers, so why not cut them off from the community entirely with this new feature. The only time staff members have to give a form of communication is on forums (that's it). With this new feature, its now optional for staff to communicate with the community. Are you struggling with something? This is what PMs are for. Even though communicating with some of my staff buddies is entertaining, they need a "sanctuary" to run to. The "Community Block" option gives staff a place to run to.

Now for the community, I think people like myself who are news reporters get PMs every now and then. Just to give a rough estimate of how many PMs I get, its about 4-5 a day. I have to conduct a lot of conversations. This also apply to big shots in comp like OldKeith and DoubleJ. I think we need some sort of accommodation for people like us. I don't think shiny traders really care who PMs them, but on the DND exempt list, you can type the name of the trader that you are buying a poke from.

In a scene, I think a "sanctuary" is good for the community as a whole if they want to find an "escape" or a "paradise."

I think this will also promote more forums use for newer people in the community since a lot of players can use this paradise feature in game.

Edited by Bestfriends

I like this, as a CM I get to whisper alot of players and I like to have my DND on; for that to happen I have to use the /dnd to many times.

What's even better is if your a GM and you warn someone via whisper and you as a GM won't have to listen to profanity or talk back. You as a GM could just send a warning and that's end of story. If anyone has a question about their warning, they could just read the rules and take time to reflect on what they had done wrong. I hear as a GM, you could get ratted out if you issue a warning or something along those lines. If you want to have a "civil" conversation about what you did wrong, PM the GM on their profile on forums (because forums is a much more professional atmosphere than in game or TeamSpeak).

Edited by Bestfriends

Competitive expert like DoubleJJ? Since fucking when

Not a bad idea though, some people really p me off and I dont wanna talk to them so it'd be nice to ignore only them.

+1

ily jj

Edited by Parke

Good evening fellow players, since the community is growing larger, I feel that this suggestion is due for discussion. I feel that it would be great if people can communicate with their friends without breaking their DND status. If a staff member would like to chat with you in game about a certain thing, I do not want your DND status to be broken because of it.

This feature could be programmed akin to how the Requests tab is structured:

8652d523a783c5264f39136bfa980ad2.png

Also, if the devs want to make it more catered to other people, there can be a name bar that the person can type in that would be exempt from the DND rule. I would like this feature to be a form of secret communication.

8 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

I thought this was gonna be like dungeons and dragons with the healer under the table.

Maybe with couples yes. I noticed a bit more couples on PokeMMO lately. Thank you for making my argument for me.

Spoiler

Please check this out:

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification