Pokemon Loaning System

ArieJ

Question

We are all known with it,
Scamming.

In this game there is absolutely nothing that can prevent scamming or return what is scammed.
And once you got scammed first thing you try to do is go to a staff member in the hope to get them back.
They are annoyed too since they can't do anything for you, and they leave you even more disappointed.

So I thought, what about a loaning system in the original trade system?

For example;

• You put your pokemon in trade screen.
    Once it's placed you can right click on it and you get to see the loan options.

• Then you get a few options;
    Return in 1 day
    Return in 2 days
    Return in 3 days
    Return in 4 days
    Return in 5 days
    Return in 6 days
    And atleast and keep this is max loan time; Return in 7 days.

• Say, we select the 'Return in 5 days' option.
    The person who lent it did not return it by it self in the 5 days.
    Your pokemon will be automatically returned in your mail box, also when the person who lent them is offline.
    The 1k cost will be for the person who lent it.                                                                   

• When you select a loan option, and you made the trade, the person who lent the pokes won't be able to release them or trade them to someone else but you.
    If you don't select one of the loan options you got a deal that can't be reversed. Like it is now.

Yes there can be a few problems;

• What if the user who lent the pokes is in battle and using the pokes?
    Well easy, return them in to the mail box directly after battle is finished.

• What if the user who lent the pokes doesn't have any money?
    Make it free instead of the 1k fee.

• Why not doing this with everything you can trade?
    Way to complicated, just do Pokemons with their held items.

This will proberly prevent a lot of scamming!
And I really hope they will do something with this.

LF Feedback/Opinions/Options

7 answers to this question

Well I have a different opinion,

I do like this suggestion, and I have though about suggesting it myself. 

It is not dumb in any way because it would prevent scamms or everyday things like "My internet broke I can only return your pokemon next week".

Although I like the idea, some things could be changed here:

• Say, we select the 'Return in 5 days' option.
    The person who lent it did not return it by it self in the 5 days.
    Your pokemon will be automatically returned in your mail box, also when the person who lent them is offline.
    The 1k cost will be for the person who lent it.      

I wouldn't put a cost on it like that. Would make it like 3~5k, after 7 days 5k is nothing, just a VS Seeker battle.

When you select a loan option, and you made the trade, the person who lent the pokes won't be able to release them or trade them to someone else but you.

I would make a "lend" Ribbon, just like the Gift Ribbon, only it wouldn't allow the player to release the pokemon.

There are some other problems I see in this however( but these could be fixed by adding more clauses to the Ribbon)

1. What if a player ruins the pokemon's EVS(by EV training it wrong or using berries)?
  2. What if a player levels up the pokemon too much?
  3. What if a player messes up the pokemon's moveset?
  4. Etc.. There are a few more I can think about that are not worthed including

Way too complicated for just loaning a pokemon as there are too much t&c (personally). Also add another t&c that:
- the user give his/her best poke to the person loaner as a mortgage.
-exp,ev and moveset cannot be changed for the loaned pokemon.
-Cannot be sent for breeding or to the day care

(Sry for the weird comment cause i'm a little rushing that time)

Edited by nelsonlee2001

Way too complicated for just loaning a pokemon as there are too much t&c. Would be better if the user give his/her best poke to the person loaner as a mortgage.

Not even that complicated, and could help if done right, especially with the lend ribbon idea Pereiraa suggested.

Holding someone's poke can be done now, and still abused if they decide they like yours better.

Edited by Champlooo

Well I have a different opinion,

I do like this suggestion, and I have though about suggesting it myself. 

It is not dumb in any way because it would prevent scamms or everyday things like "My internet broke I can only return your pokemon next week".

Although I like the idea, some things could be changed here:

I wouldn't put a cost on it like that. Would make it like 3~5k, after 7 days 5k is nothing, just a VS Seeker battle.

I would make a "lend" Ribbon, just like the Gift Ribbon, only it wouldn't allow the player to release the pokemon.

There are some other problems I see in this however( but these could be fixed by adding more clauses to the Ribbon)

1. What if a player ruins the pokemon's EVS(by EV training it wrong or using berries)?
  2. What if a player levels up the pokemon too much?
  3. What if a player messes up the pokemon's moveset?
  4. Etc.. There are a few more I can think about that are not worthed including

Well mine was just a suggestion that needs to be worked out ofc ^^
But this will improve it a lot tbh!
Once the loan trade is made the pokemon will get a Loan Ribbon and with that ribbons only you can only battle PvP with it? And store in box ofc

Edited by ArieJ

As a former EV trainer, I love this suggestion! Now people will know that their prized UTs will be returned to them without having to trust somebody.

Yeah but well, then you gotta let EV's unabled.. With the chance that someone will ruin them @ comp pokes

Yeah but well, then you gotta let EV's unabled.. With the chance that someone will ruin them @ comp pokes

Idk how much work this would be, but maybe the owner of the pokemon could choose which clauses on the ribbon are turned on, similar to how when you send a battle request, you choose clauses there.