PC in Secret Base

Robofiend

Question

Why cant you just take the healing properties of the PC out of the secret bases? Just a plain old PC that can only let you deposit and withdraw pokemon.

I haven't read anything in this thread, but assuming the fact that you could get stuck is one of the cons. If you need an HM pokemon to get to the base, if you place it in the pc and then Release it, you're done. And I do know you could still use fly, but it is possible to get stuck.

I haven't read anything in this thread, but assuming the fact that you could get stuck is one of the cons. If you need an HM pokemon to get to the base, if you place it in the pc and then Release it, you're done. And I do know you could still use fly, but it is possible to get stuck.

or gtl a cheap mon and teach it the hm. but i see your point. new players might not have the cash money.

if that happens can't you just /unstuck?

Actually i can fly to cinnabar and mail all my pokes, pokeballs and money to a random person and i will get stuck.... So that "problem" is already there, but of course you have to WANT to get stuck (i already said this in this thread).

And this an online game after all, so you can always use channel chat to find someone to help you.

Edited by Kornelio

They could go around "exploits" in different ways, that is if they really want to implement this at all:

Idea:

"When you create a secret base you can obtain a PC, however how will this be connected to the net in the middle of nowhere? you need to get Celio (or the hoenn equivalent) to connect it and make it work. This should either require some time/money or god save us the rubi and saphire all over again (lol)."

So there, you get extra game play (if you decide to throw in a quest asociated to make the pc in the secret base work) plus the feature that the players desire, yay!

"Once the PC works, if the player wants to move the secret base around to exploit the zigzagoons in route 103, well the PC will stop working and you need to call Celio again (call it your ISP)."

If you stil insist that doing all this chore would be exploitable for somebody that wants to farm route 115 during a year... get real~

Edited by axx

So then take out the release function as well?

or the person can ask for people to give them a pokemon that can learn the HM they need. Not like this is not a mutliplayer game. The PC in a secret base is a good idea, making secret bases viable as a base for a team.

Edited by Weedle

Pretty simple: it'd be nice to be able to hang out in someone's secret base and get pokes in and out of PC.

Imo should be free but whatever devs just make us grind 100k BP it's fine

THIS.

It would be great. We could use far away bases that requires MNs and have tournaments there; there would be no more the comp team problem!
Would be even better with this https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/61083-bigger-secret-bases/

And this is not a real problem:

A major issue with this is how easily it can be exploited. Depositing a Pokemon into the PC completely heals it, meaning that a Secret Base can essentially function as a Pokemon Center when you're out on a far-away route.

I mean... Pokemon is sooo easy: who would use that thing in that way? O.o

And this is not a real problem:

I mean... Pokemon is sooo easy: who would use that thing in that way? O.o

LOL i didn't saw this by that point of view....But however it is exploitable by an infinitecimal portion to farm things, so if they don't want it to heal it's not a problem (tournament mode).

LOL i didn't saw this by that point of view....But however it is exploitable by an infinitecimal portion to farm things, so if they don't want it to heal it's not a problem (tournament mode).

it's a problem to code. Just give us a PC in secret bases, i don't care if someone "exploits" it to save 30 seconds (considring he'd still have to drag and drop each poke) and even then, who even cares!, this feature bright sides heavily overweight this stupid exploit idea that is being discussed and that i don't even know why the hell it had to take 6 forums pages, like... really.

With the implementation of the pvp system i don't have to sit in vermilion anymore to find duels, now, what would i love more than building a cool base where i can sit and enjoy while playing some PokeSoloQ. and ofcourse i don't want to play the same team everytime so having a pc to my disposal would be simply wonderful. 

it's a problem to code. Just give us a PC in secret bases, i don't care if someone "exploits" it to save 30 seconds (considring he'd still have to drag and drop each poke) and even then, who even cares!, this feature bright sides heavily overweight this stupid exploit idea that is being discussed and that i don't even know why the hell it had to take 6 forums pages, like... really.

With the implementation of the pvp system i don't have to sit in vermilion anymore to find duels, now, what would i love more than building a cool base where i can sit and enjoy while playing some PokeSoloQ. and ofcourse i don't want to play the same team everytime so having a pc to my disposal would be simply wonderful. 

We care if someone exploits it. It makes zero sense to just slap something into the game that can be exploited. Other perfectly viable alternatives have been brought up to fix this exploit. If PCs were added to the secret bases it would have to be done in a way that does not undercut a primary game mechanic, in this case Pokemon Centers. There have been proposals that look really good to stem any sort of abuse of this system by making it more tedious to move the secret base around, but simply allowing players to have a portable Pokemon Center at their disposal is not going to happen.

We care if someone exploits it. It makes zero sense to just slap something into the game that can be exploited. Other perfectly viable alternatives have been brought up to fix this exploit. If PCs were added to the secret bases it would have to be done in a way that does not undercut a primary game mechanic, in this case Pokemon Centers. There have been proposals that look really good to stem any sort of abuse of this system by making it more tedious to move the secret base around, but simply allowing players to have a portable Pokemon Center at their disposal is not going to happen.

Nah i don't think so, people will not stop going to pokemon centers, i'm lazy to explain it, but no. The only negative there are the 20 secs you save from healing in your base (considering you have to drag that shit in and back to your team, and with no lag).

So devs thinks if we got a pc in secret bases ppl gonna stop going to pokecenters?? Lol

imo this can make the secret bases a thing since at least a large portion of ppl I KNOWN don't give a fuck bout SB...with this we can batlle in bases make tournaments w friends n more..

Nah i don't think so, people will not stop going to pokemon centers, i'm lazy to explain it, but no. The only negative there are the 20 secs you save from healing in your base (considering you have to drag that shit in and back to your team, and with no lag).

You can control click things into and out of a pc, takes significantly less time than dragging.

Mfw this thread still hasn't gone anywhere. I'm all for a battle box in our secret bases, although if you wanted more than 1 battle and to switch your team up, running to the pc and back to change yoir battle box would be a drag.

It still puzzles me that staff call this an "exploit".

i don't care if devs makes pc to not heal your pokes, but i really thing it cannot be exploitable unless it get tested, i will not believe it until it isn't tested and analized.

Edited by Kornelio

Mfw this thread still hasn't gone anywhere. I'm all for a battle box in our secret bases, although if you wanted more than 1 battle and to switch your team up, running to the pc and back to change yoir battle box would be a drag.

It still puzzles me that staff call this an "exploit".

just looking for excuses, the "exploit" is a joke at best.

just looking for excuses, the "exploit" is a joke at best.

As I said: Pokemon is sooo easy: who need "exploit" to complete it?
I did Blue when I was 8... c'mon!

And someone altready said: new players will discover this after having finished the game!

Edited by ReDellaStrada47

Their idea of an exploit is putting the base right next to the entrance of Meteor Falls so you can avoid biking from Fallarbor back to the cave when you want to heal. Personally, I think this is a piss-poor excuse and isn't worth more than a hearty laugh at whoever thought it up in the first place. Seriously, you must be joking.

What have you implemented to prevent players from trading away their hm pokemon? Are you going to restrict trading to only inside pokemon centers?

Also to answer the question of people being able to heal for free, why not add a 10k fee to using the pc.

On 3/27/2016 at 10:14 PM, XelaKebert said:

You know the whole debate about exploits being on any long distance routes is completely negated by the fact Smeargle and the move Recycle exist right? You don't even need a PC to exploit it right now. It would be foolish to even exploit secret bases as long as Smeargle exist as a Pokemon and a meme to never ever needing to head back to the Pokemon Center thanks to moves like Recycle and Milk Drink.

I don't really see why PC in the Secret Base is seen as a big deal unless you guys do something about the #1 problem to it right now which is Smeargle. As long as Smeargle exists there isn't a need to head to the Pokemon Center for farming atm.

Edited by Eldaust