PC in Secret Base

Robofiend

Question

Nothing is being exploited if the player is taking advantage of something that is actually supposed to exist. Additionally, the Pokemon Centers on Seven Island and Fallarbor Town are static rather than essentially portable. Neither of them are anywhere near the patch of grass on Route 115 either.

But how can it be considered an exploit if its less effective than an area that is supposed to and already does exist. Bit of a wasteful exploit.

Besides im sure im not the only one, but I just want a pc so that I can hold battles in my secret base, which is currently not possible since all the good base locations require hm's to enter.

But how can it be considered an exploit if its less effective than an area that is supposed to and already does exist. Bit of a wasteful exploit.

Besides im sure im not the only one, but I just want a pc so that I can hold battles in my secret base, which is currently not possible since all the good base locations require hm's to enter.

Certain areas are effective for certain things. Even if a player doesn't need to go there often, having a free healing place that is closer than the Pokemon Center is something that will be used often and will pretty much defeat the purpose of a secret base as it will be moved around constantly for PC access rather than kept in an interesting location.

Route 115: Best location to catch Swablu, Taillow and Jigglypuff.

Route 120: Easy location to EV HP and only location to find Mudkip.

The only way to make a base PC work would be if it weren't also possible to use it for healing your Pokemon and if it didn't allow you to take new party members out of the base.

Certain areas are effective for certain things. Even if a player doesn't need to go there often, having a free healing place that is closer than the Pokemon Center is something that will be used often and will pretty much defeat the purpose of a secret base as it will be moved around constantly for PC access rather than kept in an interesting location.

Route 115: Best location to catch Swablu, Taillow and Jigglypuff.

Route 120: Easy location to EV HP and only location to find Mudkip.

The only way to make a base PC work would be if it weren't also possible to use it for healing your Pokemon and if it didn't allow you to take new party members out of the base.

route 115 makes no sense, that route is useless

route 120 barely does, it's just a few steps from the pokecenter anyway

the benefits on the other hand are unquestionable

I'd have to agree that putting route 120 in the listing is pointless as Fortree is litterally right next to the pond with only 2 grass patches in the way compared to the secret base that is in the middle of the grass. Route 115, Swablu is as common there as 114 which has better shiny's, Taillow I can understand as it's the rare encounter on 104, Jigglypuff has the same encounter on route 3 afaik which has a PC on the route.

At this point I'm not sure what I can say that could change your mind, I might look through the old thread to see how that ended :]

mfw it was basically the exact same posts back then too https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/50146-pc-box-in-secret-bases/?hl=secret+base

Edited by Kizhaz

I honestly think that feature would be a good idea and I don't agree with any of these cons about the idea because I feel they are not substantial enough for anyone to care about them.

Firstly, sure you can use it an a portable Pokemon Centre. Is this really a big issue though? What are you really gaining from it?

• You can heal your Pokemon and get more PP, which in turn could give you more money per hour when Paydaying

Well, is this really a cause for concern? Paydaying is already not a good method to make money, islands are much better, after that I would rather farm items and sell those to gain money. If this is what it takes to buff(lol) Payday, then go for it. It's really not a big deal though.

• You can heal Pokemon when far away EV training

Again, not really a big deal. It's going to save you 10-20 seconds at most every 25mins or so.

• You can make the storyline easier to complete

Firstly, the storyline is easy to complete without the use of any items, unless you're a noob in which case you wouldn't even think outside the box to do this little idea. Even if you did, it's still not substantial enough to worry about. Players who do think outside the box and do this little trick should be rewarded.

-What is the problem with making something in your secret base ACTUALLY USEFUL?

-I bet you majority of the players wouldn't even think about using their secret base to gain a small advantage like this.

Edited by KaynineXL

I honestly think that feature would be a good idea and I don't agree with any of these cons about the idea because I feel they are not substantial enough for anyone to care about them.

Firstly, sure you can use it an a portable Pokemon Centre. Is this really a big issue though? What are you really gaining from it?

• You can heal your Pokemon and get more PP, which in turn could give you more money per hour when Paydaying
Well, is this really a cause for concern? Paydaying is already not a good method to make money, islands are much better, after that I would rather farm items and sell those to gain money. If this is what it takes to buff(lol) Payday, then go for it. It's really not a big deal though.
  • You can heal Pokemon when far away EV training
Again, not really a big deal. It's going to save you 10-20 seconds at most every 25mins or so.
  • You can make the storyline easier to complete
Firstly, the storyline is easy to complete without the use of any items, unless you're a noob in which case you wouldn't even think outside the box to do this little idea. Even if you did, it's still not substantial enough to worry about. Players who do think outside the box and do this little trick should be rewarded.

-What is the problem with making something in your secret base ACTUALLY USEFUL?
-I bet you majority of the players wouldn't even think about using their secret base to gain a small advantage like this.
I support this idea and KaynineXL's. These cons aren't strong enough to make the delevopers to put this suggestion to the "no" side. If there aren't any cons, I think this idea won't be that bad to be implented at all.

I came to the Suggestion thread purely to suggest a Healing Bed item be added to secret bases. So I read through this entire thread. I still dont see a reasonable argument for preventing healing in one's secret base. 

As of right now, secret bases are pretty useless. 

The items arent tradable.

The items are appropirately expensive. 

You get your own "channel" to talk on. 

You get to decorate it.

And the most useful feature (or "exploitable" as some seem to think those two words mean the same thing): refreshing a map to collect ashes

I see the secret base as a positive in every way it was mentioned as a negative. The secret base SHOULD be a way to set up camp in a certain area, and portable. It would make the secret bases actually USEFUL. 

I think a PC and a Healing Bed both would be good ideas. Realistically you could charge people a good 100-150k for a healing bed, maybe even up to 350k if the developers wanted to create a money sink. You could also charge for the PC, in the same 100-350k area for a "Secret Base PC Update" or something similar so your PC will link to the Pokecenter's system. 

As for the "time saved" issue, as if that is REALLY a negative, you could always add a timer to the Healing Bed, like 30 seconds with a soundbite like while waiting at the PC to heal in the original games. A similar timer could be added to the PC usage to avoid people form never buying a Healing Bed item. 

And to add attractiveness to spending 6 figures on a bed when you simply COULD just go to a Pokecenter 30 seconds away for free, you design a few attractive styles to choose from ranging in prices. Maybe the current plain white Healing Bed you see around the game is 100k, but the 'Pink Ultra Plush Princes Bed' is 350k. Get it?

Guys, I have a suggestion to help this idea. Make "recovery plates" or "PC monitors." If you ant to EV train some place and take advantage of your base, you must buy some recovery plates or PC monitors. 

e07a84a4cf760bf89b928608df772d26.png (the recovery plate is that black rectangle with six green dots)

Now first you MUST buy the machine which I would say has to be a good 100,000 BP. Then you would need to buy the plates which would be about 250K per plate (which is a lot in today's economy). If staff wanted to do this, they could make these glass plates another alternative for official prizes. I think at this point, no one would want to step near this machine. Now for the computer, the computer would cost a bit more since it does more than just healing things (700,000 BP - 900,000 BP). In order to use the computer, you have to pay for the monitor which would be 300k per monitor.

f3dc6ff9351fb319e5c12225b843a05c.png

How long will you be able to use your Recovery Plate or Monitor?

You can use each item for about a month. It expires once the month has changed.

Where could you buy the Recovery Plate or monitor?

You could buy the Recovery Plates at Lanette's House. 

e1ead919ed05ffe7c691711c00f5e4b4.png

04076945eaba0ec371c7eda638de9d81.png

The monitors you could buy at the Weather Institute.

0af3e2360c3909bbc07f6c512e9ba398.png

8ac5d1eaccc3ad2f72660d824ce6baae.png

Edited by Bestfriends

I still think there should just be a pc with no strings attached. Whats the point in having an awesome base if I cant hold battles in it w/out every team having a surfer. Secret bases are made to be places you can hang out with your friends w/out randoms spamming you with requests/ the chat. A secret base is more aesthetically pleasing than any old city and not to mention bp are spent on them, and for what, showboating?

Guys, I have a suggestion to help this idea. Make "recovery plates" or "PC monitors." If you ant to EV train some place and take advantage of your base, you must buy some recovery plates or PC monitors. 

e07a84a4cf760bf89b928608df772d26.png (the recovery plate is that black rectangle with six green dots)

Now first you MUST buy the machine which I would say has to be a good 100,000 BP. Then you would need to buy the plates which would be about 250K per plate (which is a lot in today's economy). If staff wanted to do this, they could make these glass plates another alternative for official prizes. I think at this point, no one would want to step near this machine. Now for the computer, the computer would cost a bit more since it does more than just healing things (700,000 BP - 900,000 BP). In order to use the computer, you have to pay for the monitor which would be 300k per monitor.

f3dc6ff9351fb319e5c12225b843a05c.png

How long will you be able to use your Recovery Plate or Monitor?

You can use each item for about a month. It expires once the month has changed.

Where could you buy the Recovery Plate or monitor?

You could buy the Recovery Plates at Lanette's House. 

e1ead919ed05ffe7c691711c00f5e4b4.png

04076945eaba0ec371c7eda638de9d81.png

The monitors you could buy at the Weather Institute.

0af3e2360c3909bbc07f6c512e9ba398.png

8ac5d1eaccc3ad2f72660d824ce6baae.png

Similar to my idea and I kinda like the idea of having to go to multiple places to buy the parts, but I REALLY dont like the idea of the item disappearing after a month.

why every idea become complicated with you guys ? this idea seems great , and who cares if people exploit that coz its cool for " certain thing " you think shiny hunting would be piece of cake then ? , i personally think most people i know are lazy to make a bace pc coz they dont the see a good point of it. And as kizhaz said, we just want the ability to hold some battle between friends. Base pc are not well developed enough imo. Could be a cool thing and its kinda useless nowadays. We need pc 

To add on, after reading all the comments, 2/10000000000000000000 people don't give a damn about if this "exploit" can heal pokes. I don't even think that is a exploit tbh. What is the matter with healing pokemon? Does it make your pokemon get special effects?

I bet if this was in-game, you mods would be using this "exploit" too.

Edited by TitanPawnz

Wait though, there is one possible issue:

Let's assume i want to battle with a friend who has his base on a small island.

I go there, we battle then he logs off while i'm still in his base. If i'm left without a surf user, how do i get away from the island? (plz don't say "unstuck" guys).

We could make it so that when you leave someone else's base (because with your own base the issue wouldn't exist)  your team is restored to what it used to be when you got in, but i'm not sure if they could code that.

Nontheless, this would be a very important feature to add, so it's definitey worth the effort.

Secret bases have a lot of potential.

just look for help in channel or team chat; this is an online game, and we are supose to be a good community.

PD: i support all of this, and those "exploits" isn't exploits if you can't save at least a 5% of your time (and with all this grinding gameplay, why we cant save at least 5% of our time EVing ?)

If the PC would cost many BPs, no one would be able to exploit secret bases during storyline.

Also you could make it so that you can't use the Secret Bases PC unless your party is fully healed, or just code the PC to not heal Pokes.

I mean, how hard would it be to implement it? If you devs are lazy just say it, no point to find silly excuses.

I don't think someone would waste a move slot in Secret Power just to be creating random bases to heal his/her pokemons.  Not many people know that you can create Secret Bases unless you have a pokemon with that move in your party (and with that I mean new people to the game). Saying that it is an exploit is actually a really lame excuse and should be ignored.

I don't think someone would waste a move slot in Secret Power just to be creating random bases to heal his/her pokemons. Not many people know that you can create Secret Bases unless you have a pokemon with that move in your party (and with that I mean new people to the game). Saying that it is an exploit is actually a really lame excuse and should be ignored.

If you had the choice between using a lot of repels to get back to where you are grinding or having your own personal PC right next to it which would you choose? He answer is easy, the convenience is too much to be ignored if this were added. Adding this would reduce the outflow of currency used on repels because most players would opt to use 1 move out of a max of 24 per party to move their base closer to where they are grinding. That creates problem because then yen would start to inflate and drive prices for everything trading wise up over time. The impact wouldn't be felt immediately either. There are better ways to add convenience to the grind and make it more efficient than just undermining a core function of the game itself. That's the biggest issue with this is that Pokemon Centers are a core mechanic to the game and adding this would actually undermine that mechanic. Arguing that it won't doesn't mean that it won't because when given the choice between going a few steps back to your base to heal vs going all the way back to the nearest city to heal and then all the way back out to the same spot the majority of players will invariably choose the former due to sheer convenience.

I mean, if developers don't want to improve gameplay by implementing a pc in our secret bases then I guess we will just have to live with it. I mean the pros are fairly extensive; from offering a healing station for private battles, a location to sit privately to organize your boxes, and a location to manage everything from mail to the GTL in a private setting that is your own. If they're scared of people using this as a benefit, well I guess that's a shame since it would offer a nice convenience for players in multiple ways. The longer a player is in game isn't necessarily a bad thing is it? Why would having a secret base near a farming patch be so terrible? There are so many money sinks in this game that letting a small number of people (shiny hunters in a particular spot) have a pc near a farming patch wouldn't hurt the game as much as this implementation would help it. 

Just my two cents. 

If you had the choice between using a lot of repels to get back to where you are grinding or having your own personal PC right next to it which would you choose? He answer is easy, the convenience is too much to be ignored if this were added. Adding this would reduce the outflow of currency used on repels because most players would opt to use 1 move out of a max of 24 per party to move their base closer to where they are grinding. That creates problem because then yen would start to inflate and drive prices for everything trading wise up over time. The impact wouldn't be felt immediately either. There are better ways to add convenience to the grind and make it more efficient than just undermining a core function of the game itself. That's the biggest issue with this is that Pokemon Centers are a core mechanic to the game and adding this would actually undermine that mechanic. Arguing that it won't doesn't mean that it won't because when given the choice between going a few steps back to your base to heal vs going all the way back to the nearest city to heal and then all the way back out to the same spot the majority of players will invariably choose the former due to sheer convenience.

As of now we only found 1 (one) instance in which you'd be better of create a temporary base, and in that case repels are totally out of discussion since you only have to walk on about 3 tiles of grass. Noone uses repels to ev train hp.

Personally, i never use repels unless i'm doing alt runs, but you do that in kanto anyway.

As of now these are the things you do in hoenn:

Shard hunting: no problems at all

Ev training:

Hp: no repels involved. The 10 seconds you don't spend walking would be spent putting your pokes in and out of your pc.

Att: no problem whatsoever

Def: no problem whatsoever

Spatt: you can save about 10 seconds, no repels involved

Sp def: Either kanto or battle frontier, no prob.

Speed: Same as hp.

Battle frontier: lol

Everstones: same as def eving.

Instead of making pointless assumptions on the economy, could you please show us an actually valid example in which one would ditch repeles for a temporary base?

I have come to the conclusion that we may as well call repels "Noob bait" as people nowadays are starting to prefer encountering Pokemons rather than avoiding. If we are taking noobs into account or just people who haven't completed story mode, then the excuse is tolerable. Many people love to go through routes without repels in the hopes of encountering shinies, and I know hundreds of people in-game like that.

Edited by LillithAensland

The staff of this game is filled with armchair economists, it's hilarious

watch, i'll do it too: By putting PCs in secret bases, you'd be breathing life into what is currently a useless mechanic, and more people would in turn buy secret base decorations since they'd be relevant again. Boom, money sink. Source: I went to 40% of my microeconomics class in college, so I'm obviously qualified to make sweeping economic hypotheticals 

Edited by Gunthug

The staff of this game is filled with armchair economists, it's hilarious

watch, i'll do it too: By putting PCs in secret bases, you'd be breathing life into what is currently a useless mechanic, and more people would in turn buy secret base decorations since they'd be relevant again. Boom, money sink. Source: I went to 40% of my microeconomics class in college, so I'm obviously qualified to make sweeping economic hypotheticals 

I get that they have to make assumptions, cause game mechanics, unlike tier changes, can't be reverted back.

Ok, they can, but if they do this it's very unlikely they'll want to revert it back after putting work into it.

Problem is the assumptions they make are very biased and, as far as i'm concerned, far from any possible outcome.

I can't tell the future either, but they yet have to show a single instance in which repels would lose their value.

Edited by Vaeldras