[Money Guide] Ditto Farming

Solist

If you false swipe first, the ditto transforms to you, with the new update it copies your speed so it's a speed tie, you don't want to get hit or spored so the best thing to do is spore first, then false swipe and hope it doesn't wake up.

I tend to like False Swipe > Spore > Ultra Ball over Spore > False Swipe > Ultra Ball. If you run a Smeargle with no offensive moves next to False Swipes, then it doesn't matter if the ditto attacks you as it can't ever kill you anyway. There is a 1/8 chance that you will get spored. 50% for the speed tie and 25% for the 4 moves. Assuming you have something like Trick/False Swipes/Spore/Foresight, then 7/8 times you are fine. Whereas if you spore first you have a 33%(or 25% ?) chance on failure. Not only is that chance bigger, but you'll also have wasted a spore pp.

I tend to like False Swipe > Spore > Ultra Ball over Spore > False Swipe > Ultra Ball. If you run a Smeargle with no offensive moves next to False Swipes, then it doesn't matter if the ditto attacks you as it can't ever kill you anyway. There is a 1/8 chance that you will get spored. 50% for the speed tie and 25% for the 4 moves. Assuming you have something like Trick/False Swipes/Spore/Foresight, then 7/8 times you are fine. Whereas if you spore first you have a 33%(or 25% ?) chance on failure. Not only is that chance bigger, but you'll also have wasted a spore pp.

I'm not entirely sure about the probability of waking up on your second turn of sleep. I'm assuming 50%. Might need to change some numbers in the guide if this is untrue.

If this is true however, then the probability of Ditto using Spore during the battle will be 6.25% (50% to wake up turn 2, 50% for speed tie, 25% to select Spore) if you Spore turn 1.

You make a good point though. Using False Swipe turn 1 will conserve Spore PP and increases the chance of catching it turn 3. In exchange for a 6.25% increased chance of Ditto using Spore. This might be more efficient, provided that your Smeargle does not have any other offensive moves. Although I tried this method, I must admit I quickly went back to a Smeargle with Pay Day for killing Whismur.

I'm not entirely sure about the probability of waking up on your second turn of sleep. I'm assuming 50%. Might need to change some numbers in the guide if this is untrue.

If this is true however, then the probability of Ditto using Spore during the battle will be 6.25% (50% to wake up turn 2, 50% for speed tie, 25% to select Spore) if you Spore turn 1.

You make a good point though. Using False Swipe turn 1 will conserve Spore PP and increases the chance of catching it turn 3. In exchange for a 6.25% increased chance of Ditto using Spore. This might be more efficient, provided that your Smeargle does not have any other offensive moves. Although I tried this method, I must admit I quickly went back to a Smeargle with Pay Day for killing Whismur.

I'm pretty sure it's a 33% chance for waking up on the first turn, unless this game runs older mechanics, then it's 25%.

If you like to run Pay Day, then the method you use is probably better.

Always was too lazy to farm Ditto for genderless breeding. Knowing that Synchro works with dead pokemon

and that I'll be able to sell the ones I don't need easily on the new trading hub will encourage me to finally

finish my Lunatone and Tyrogue.

Also after reading this I'm not discouraged to use the expensive balls anymore.

Great guide thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Edited by silytoad

I'm pretty sure it's a 33% chance for waking up on the first turn, unless this game runs older mechanics, then it's 25%.

If you like to run Pay Day, then the method you use is probably better.

My assumption is based on the pokemmo specific mechanic that sleep lasts 1 to 3 turns. 0% chance to wake up turn 1. 50% for the other two. I probably should've tested this before making claims.

I'll also compare both methods fairly when I have some time and report back the results.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it.

• 2 months later...

This is what I also do apart from these techniques.

My smeargle holds "Chesto Berry" to snap-out from sleep. and also it has "Recycle Move" to restore Chesto berry.

By this one

you won't be worried about ditto spores you back, wasting your time ,and every spore move used .... means 1 guarantee catch. (I also give PP Max to my smeargle's spore too 24 catches in 1 run)

sorry for my bad English

Cheer guys

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I dont know if peopel use parasect but I had made some research and i founded this:

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Parasect False Swipe vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Metal Powder Ditto: 80-95 (71.4 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO  <-- This is vs a Impish Ditto full 31IV's + metal powder and level 45, parasect would be attak+ nature too.

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Smeargle False Swipe vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Metal Powder Ditto: 58-70 (51.7 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <-- Same Godly Ditto (smeargle level 100 attak nature)

¿Do u think that is worth enough to breed parasect? I mean, he can learn a pretty useful movepool, he have spore, false swipe, sweet scent, aromatherapy, Giga Drain/Absorb (to regenerate life without returning pokecenter).

In addition he have damp as hidden ability (when they implement it) useful to catch explosive pokes.