Able to see HP percentage of the opposing Pokemon when hovering the mouse over

obviously he's trying to say he's smarter than you all because he can remember things.

but yea i definitely agree on this one, it's helpful because if you can tell what hp a poke has, the player may/may not want to switch it in if its low/high, or whatever

Edited by Pereiraa
No need to be mean

Yeah this one pisses me off too, always awful when you think "oh I'm at about 80% it's cool" but then it turns out you're at 76% and it matters. Would be nice to have an exact percentage on the displayed health when the poke's in play as well, could definitely eliminate some 1% lives here and there.

Why am I not surprised at the comebacks. :lol:

Let me try to teach stupid a trick or two. Lets say I use 6 charmanders in a battle.and each of them is called Bob.
I switch bob for bob and play roulette to confuse my opponent. But each bob has a different skill set that only I know. But my opponent cannot keep track of which skill set I am using because they are all a part of bob. By adding this training wheels feature you remove any strategical thinking of that sort.

Its a stupid idea made for those still in training.

Why am I not surprised at the comebacks. :lol:

Let me try to teach stupid a trick or two. Lets say I use 6 charmanders in a battle.and each of them is called Bob.
I switch bob for bob and play roulette to confuse my opponent. But each bob has a different skill set that only I know. But my opponent cannot keep track of which skill set I am using because they are all a part of bob. By adding this training wheels feature you remove any strategical thinking of that sort.

Its a stupid idea made for those still in training.

U know there's a species clause, right?

U know there's a species clause, right?

I wasn't aware this was a tournament discussion.

But for the sake of nothing lets play it that way then. Lets say I use 3 of whatever you want. I call each of them bob. Now when I switch pokemon my opponent has less time to think about how to deal with my choice because all he knows is I'm using bob. He doesnt know which bob until its been summoned. Had he been able to use this training wheels feature he would simply have the priviledge to pay attention to the hp of my team that he would be psychically aware of in that case.

Edited by tipherith

/Not signed. Memorizing how much life your opponent has is a skill. Allowing your idiot opponent to see your health bar at all times even when recalled would destroy tactics.

hEfzUOq.gif

Wat.

But yeah, I do agree with this idea. It's very necessary. Most exemplary, if you are going for a reckless move that might cost your life (Double-Edge).

But for the sake of nothing lets play it that way then. Lets say I use 3 of whatever you want. I call each of them bob. Now when I switch pokemon my opponent has less time to think about how to deal with my choice because all he knows is I'm using bob. He doesnt know which bob until its been summoned. Had he been able to use this training wheels feature he would simply have the priviledge to pay attention to the hp of my team that he would be psychically aware of in that case.

but that doesn't make sense at all because for one, species clause, obviously it's for tournament reasons, otherwise it doesn't matter. also, when they're all named bob, you can obviously see which pokemon it is because it's displayed, and you can see the pokemon the other player has if it's sent out. no one's gonna remember or notice the exact amount of hp like "oh he's at 58% i guess i shouldn't use a move thats 57%"

I think it would be great for YouTubers like myself to comment on a battle and make better predictions.

On the other hand, your opponent would know how much health you have. Now here is the counter argument to the "scouter's paradise" counter-claim, if they do take notes, why would it matter to show HP? Opponents would know one way or another even without this feature, so why do we care if it is implemented or not because our opponents or their team-mates help them scout?

If your opponent is in a team scouting you and your a not in a team, then it could be difficult to know about your opponent, but easy for the opponent to know about you. Your opponent could be in reality 50 - 60 people duelling against 1 man/woman. How would this be fair? At least show the HP so that way a man/woman can be just as suitable as a team in knowing about your opponent.

I am in support of this proposal, good idea Orange.

Edited by Bestfriends

Personally, I think that this would be a great feature for the competitive scene. As I do agree with what bestfriends was saying, that it could be abused through scouting. I'd still love this to be added in. As for the scouting part, I think that it really wouldn't be THAT bad of a problem. I mean, yes it would suck but really if you check your opponents health once you'd be able to remember the HP percentage for a few minutes, then you check again. With scouting, the only bad part would be that the cheater would get confused at one point with so many people saying different things.

In conclusion, I think that the pros beat the cons and that this should be added. :)

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed removed content

competitive experience.

As for the scouting part, I honestly have no idea what are you meaning with that. This suggestion is about another way of displaying what everyone in the battle should know with health bar information.

Ironically, if anything this actually reduces the benefit gained from other people helping you (or "coaching") you with your match. Let's say you forgot how much HP does the opposing certain Pokemon have left. Let's say you're in a Skype/Teamspeak call and ask about this and someone who memorizes it will tell you. If you were battling alone, you would have been in a disadvantage. If you could see this by yourself, no outsider help would be required making it actually easier to play without support.

I don't know if I'm understanding this right, because I'm still fairly new to the competitive scene. But I really do, highly agree with Orange's suggestion here.

I saw / met so many veterans like the most of you , who , despite their joys and disappointments in certain aspects of the game , would still remain loyal, and just so vigilant in constantly hosting Comps & Tourneys.

Not to mention all the painstaking Pokemon and IV hunting, EV training, Island Runs for cash, trading, haggling, painful Everstone-hunting ( Yes I finally feel you all, somewhat x3 ) , heated discussions on effectiveness, weakness and technique.

I might be way over my head for over-calculating the great possibilities here but, if enthusiastic battlers can have this feature, imagine that as a fuel for active competition. The way I see it, comp players have always been a cornerstone of the community, and contribute a sizable chunk of the cycling in-game economy and its activity. If they get fired up to re-calculate, re-strategize and re-evaluate their style of battling and see a better pattern in the battling mechanics, its definitely gonna give them a reason to stay, to grind, to train, and maybe bring back old players who actually wanted that aspect of gaming in PokeMMO all along.

* Two thumbs way up! Cheers <3 *

Edited by JosiePooh

The way I see it, comp players have always been a cornerstone of the community, and contribute a sizable chunk of the cycling in-game economy and its activity.

I'm argued this since I started the game. Even though the developers say "competitive players is only a huge minority of the playerbase", the whole endgame activity revolves around competitive play. Whether it's playing it or breeding it for profit, it's about making comps for the game. As long as we don't have any other MMO type of endgame content, competitive players must be taken seriously because the more there is those the more the game has any life.

Thanks for your nice post. ^^

iirc Dorkshade wasn't sure on the difficulty on this, I'll scoop up his post

[spoiler]I'm get that - I'm saying I see no problem with it.

The same information is being displayed with it being in the battle log, one is just easier to access - and when the information isn't obfuscated I don't see a reason to make it harder to see.

The numbers behind %s themselves are already displayed via the health bars, it's just not worth the time counting the pixels to work out what they're at.

Although I don't see why it would be in a tool tip and not just next to the health bar.

EDIT: I see, for when something isn't on the field; Makes sense.

I'm not sure about the ease on that one.[/spoiler]

from here https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54152-show-hp/?hl=hp%25

Edited by Kizhaz

iirc Dorkshade wasn't sure on the difficulty on this, I'll scoop up his post

[spoiler]I'm get that - I'm saying I see no problem with it.

The same information is being displayed with it being in the battle log, one is just easier to access - and when the information isn't obfuscated I don't see a reason to make it harder to see.

The numbers behind %s themselves are already displayed via the health bars, it's just not worth the time counting the pixels to work out what they're at.

Although I don't see why it would be in a tool tip and not just next to the health bar.

EDIT: I see, for when something isn't on the field; Makes sense.

I'm not sure about the ease on that one.[/spoiler]

from here https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54152-show-hp/?hl=hp%25

Completely forgot this thread existed and my search words gave nothing.

• 7 months later...
  • Munya locked this topic