A cute user-friendly shopping experience?

JosiePooh

Question

Hey all x3 . This will be my very first post in the suggestion box, so before I begin, I do apologize if there is any irrelevance in it, and I will submit to any decisions made by the mods to remove it, should that happen.

I can't say that I have any great shakes in pitching a crystal-clear and practical idea, nor can I currently be sure that it's a new one either. ( Someone might have posted it. Please feel free to correct me )

But I'll give it a try xD . Anyway,

Jocelyn's "Hopefully" Practical Idea

I was wondering if the Mods might consider ( Down the road ) , to implement a daily cycle of " Item Discount events " ?

Like for example, each day
( In real time ) , a random item in any Poke Mart , Lilycove Department Store or Celadon Store , " Will receive a small discount by a percentage " .

Plus, maybe, also, have a small, nice, log-in message for each player, informing them of " Today's Special Item Discount is " x " , by a certain " % ". Get your discounted item today ! "

If it is too imposing towards the current game mechanics or is too much of a hassle for the Admins and Devs, I do apologize in advance, but I really feel like this could be something nice, and I believe that in a way, may be considered, still, an homage to the Pokemon Game. A cute little attraction feature for all new-coming players who are trying out PokeMMO for the very first time, and to give a little something, back to regular and veteran playing community.

I really do appreciate everyone who is reading this, especially the staff as well. Hopefully some time, down the road, you might take this into consideration. But at the end of the day, it is still just a harmless little idea, by a nobody of a girl, who just wants to enjoy PokeMMO like everyone else.

* Cheers ^ - ^ *

*updated*

P.s - Just had another idea to prevent my original suggestion from being exploited.

" Mark the specifically discounted item of the day as "non-tradable " Edited by JosiePooh

15 answers to this question

First of all, what up gurl?

Second, this is a pretty good idea. You could even take it a step further and have certain mart vendors periodically sell items that they don't normally carry for a limited time - for example, once a month, celadon mart could have a 12 hr sale on silk scarfs. They'd have to be priced to roughly match the market so no one abuses it, though.

E: forgot to mention that there's only be one in stock for each character (account) so you couldn't just buy 50 of them

Edited by Gunthug

I really like this idea, congrats on that. HoweverΒ there was nothing like this in the original games - wich doesn't mean this is not possible. I like the idea in general, but the discount would have to be 10/15% max.

yeah, cus anything over that percentage would make us money, and u guys would hate that

Edited by GeneralVenican

I really like this idea, congrats on that. HoweverΒ there was nothing like this in the original games - wich doesn't mean this is not possible. I like the idea in general, but the discount would have to be 10/15% max.

Β 

Thanks Perei <3 Β and yes I do wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing like this in the original games, and that the percentage should be as you suggested.

But hey, if its a feature that makes PokeMMO, its staff and its community unique, I for one, believe that at least its worth a read and a thought x3

I like this suggestion (and the one who made it) a lot.

As long as those items are random and prevents people from strategically stocking up then why not?

I like shopping anyway

I dislike your input about preventing strategically stocking up. If I decide to donate a thousand dollars in items strategically then I want my investment to be favourable both ways. Same for anyone else who physically supports a project. Not to mention by doing so it would cut funds from those that also dislike being butchered for supporting the game.

ISnt that how it works in real life? People know when things will be on sale (Candy after Halloween/Valentines Day, Bathing Suits in the winter, etc) and buy them when they are like that.Β 

Β 

Not sure if i made myself clear with that.

If you know for sure there is going to be a specific item for sale at a certain point why would you ever buy that for the regular price anymore? that would basically mean decreasing prices for certain items, and devs already stated they're against that kind of thing anyway.

Β 

I mean, of course i'm ok with stocking up during these occasions, what i meant is let's not have, for example, specific days when we know repels are going to be on sale.

Let's keep it random, this is what i meant.

Kinda neutral on holiday sales, stocking up in mmo is different than stocking up in real life, but i doubt many people would drop 1mil in a day just to have a 1 year supply of repels.

As long as that period isn't extended for more than 1 day it should be fine.

Not sure if i made myself clear with that.

If you know for sure there is going to be a specific item for sale at a certain point why would you ever buy that for the regular price anymore? that would basically mean decreasing prices for certain items, and devs already stated they're against that kind of thing anyway.

Β 

I mean, of course i'm ok with stocking up during these occasions, what i meant is let's not have, for example, specific days when we know repels are going to be on sale.

Let's keep it random, this is what i meant.

Kinda neutral on holiday sales, stocking up in mmo is different than stocking up in real life, but i doubt many people would drop 1mil in a day just to have a 1 year supply of repels.

As long as that period isn't extended for more than 1 day it should be fine.

That would be fine. A bit odd but fine. Odd because it wouldnt be that useful to anybody if there was only certain items discounted and randomly.

Edited by tipherith

That would be fine. A bit odd but fine. Odd because it wouldnt be that useful to anybody if there was only certain items discounted and randomly.

Β 

Nah.

I mean, you still get that chance to stock up, except a considerable amount of people are going to miss it so items would still retain their value.

Trust me, devs would never implement it anyway (assuming they're ever gonna consider giving this thread a quick read)

Nah.

I mean, you still get that chance to stock up, except a considerable amount of people are going to miss it so items would still retain their value.

Trust me, devs would never implement it anyway (assuming they're ever gonna consider giving this thread a quick read)

No ingame items I totally agree that a discount even on certain days would be foolish. But on gift shop items it could be a thing but not particularly useful to anyone.

No ingame items I totally agree that a discount even on certain days would be foolish. But on gift shop items it could be a thing but not particularly useful to anyone.

Β 

Gift shop items are a different thing, imo there would only be pros to that.

The idea of having sales is overall pretty good in an mmo

The reason why I pitched the idea was because, its an MMO. The game itself in essence is a single player story-driven poke adventure.

I just somehow feel that, having a feature like this would add to the immersion. That Pokemon stores won't be so static.

That somehow, it is alive in a way, because to us, its just a go-to place to buy the same inventory at the same expected price.

Not saying that discounts should be to an exploitable extent, but enough to maybe save a little money?

Just my point-of-view I suppose x3