More for cosmetics. (pokeball exchange)

tipherith

Question

Allow us to exchange the ball a pokemon is in. For example when you tame a pokemon with a ball the type you used is what it stays in and is summoned from always.

But when hatching an egg you choose which ball to put it in. By implementing this fun mechanic you not only consume more balls by switching which ball was used and not replacing the previous ball but also create a decent item sink and fun mechanic.

6 answers to this question

The only real point to this (In my opinion) would be if we had something along the lines of Gen4's ball capsules, except only applying to a specific ball rather than being able to switch it out freely

You are partly right. The ball you send out everything a battle starts has different animation & shows a different ball in the info box of that pokemon. We could call it pointless but then again this game runs off vanity items. Would this not be a form of vanity?

I think custom balls (Or at least new variants made by the devs) would work a little better than switching every pokemon caught to a premier/ultra ball

Different ball design is an entirely different topic. This topic or suggestion is about being able to switch the ball you use to summon the pokemon for battles not changing the design of current balls or new balls.

But I like the idea of new variations for the gift shop.

Edited by tipherith