PokeGoogle is HERE!

Bestfriends

Question

Lets say, I want to catch a poke that has flame body, but how will I know what pokemon have this ability? Would be nice to cite abilities in the PokeDex. Or if I want to breed something with my piloswine, I want to know what group to look for. I also want to evolve my Shroomish into a Breloom, but what level do I need to evolve it? These questions can all be solved with my PokeGoogle suggestion! So far, we have almost a PokeGoogle, but I want just 2 more possible tabs.

CheckList for PokeGoogle:

1. Locations in dex CHECK

2. Evolution Chain CHECK

3. Egg Groups CHECK

4. Abilities CHECK

5. Locations (Day or Night) CHECK

Location Tab Implemented

177dc55461a9243c891a51837f0757c2.png

Evolution Chain Tab Implemented

f80bfcd6280bd3a076d1e3a4bc8ecad3.png

Egg Group Tab Implemented

8415507e4ddc770dfcef36b32af83797.png

Abilities Tab Implemented

4e2b53eaac11929dc5ca1f52249078bb.png

Locations (Day or Night) Implemented

232fd47d6cdf9baf4965819e4bc2cd94.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to quote awkway's suggestion...

Can we please get an extra column in the locations tab listing if they are day / night / all the time?

So many new players ask if they can find x at night, or end up looking for mudkip for an hour at night not to find any because the dex only says locations. The only way they can know they're not there at night is if they dig through forums to that implemented pokemon locations thread or constantly ask channel chat / other players, so its not only annoying but also very misleading as it currently stands.

- awkways 8/15/17

I am sure that @awkways is happy that the Day and Night section of the Dex has been implemented.

Edited by Bestfriends
PokeGoogle is now complete!

I second adding the TYPE of pokemon to its pokedex listing. Cant tell you how many time Ive tried to look up TYPE in the Dex and it wasnt there so I had to go to a PC and fish out a pokemon and look at its summary instead. TYPE is one of those things that should be standard in a PokeDex.

Abilities available in-game would also be really helpful in the Dex. There isnt currently any way to look up exactly what abilities are available INGAME for each pokemon since we lack all the gens. That creates confusion when looking up abilities via third party.

I second adding the TYPE of pokemon to its pokedex listing. Cant tell you how many time Ive tried to look up TYPE in the Dex and it wasnt there so I had to go to a PC and fish out a pokemon and look at its summary instead. TYPE is one of those things that should be standard in a PokeDex.

Abilities available in-game would also be really helpful in the Dex. There isnt currently any way to look up exactly what abilities are available INGAME for each pokemon since we lack all the gens. That creates confusion when looking up abilities via third party.

Regarding the abilities' issue; it is not hard to find it at all, and we all the abilities that have effect in-battle implemented - but we obviously only have Generation III abilities so far.

For finding these just go to a website wich has the abilites list and select 'Gen III'. A quick example could be this (on the list, just click the Generation tittle), that's pretty helpfull.

Good morning fellow players, I see Unova arriving soon, so I feel that this would be a good time to introduce the "Abilities" section in the PokeDex. There will be more pokemon implemented in Unova, so it is going to be difficult remembering all of those abilities. I feel that this would be necessary, so we can avoid confusion. I know that there are a lot of people who still use their old laptops, and they want to research an ability that the pokemon in question has.

--------------------------------------------------------

Person A: "What was the ability Ferrothorn has again?"

Person B: "You stupid newb, everyone knows Ferrothron's ability, do some research man!"

Person A: "Okay fine! (3-5 minutes later: Google pops up and asks Google the question; 3-5 minutes later: Ferrothorn has "Iron Barbs" as its ability)

In Total, it takes about 6-10 minutes to answer one simple question.

------------------------------------------------------------

Can we please get an extra column in the locations tab listing if they are day / night / all the time?

So many new players ask if they can find x at night, or end up looking for mudkip for an hour at night not to find any because the dex only says locations. The only way they can know they're not there at night is if they dig through forums to that implemented pokemon locations thread or constantly ask channel chat / other players, so its not only annoying but also very misleading as it currently stands.

Edited by awkways
6 minutes ago, awkways said:

You did feature a pretty good idea, so let me add another branch of my suggestion addressing that topic.

I would like to thank the development team for turning our PokeDex into a PokeGoogle.

One of my biggest goals as Mayor of PokeMMO was to help people new and old. This PokeDex suggestion was one of the keys for that goal to being accomplished. After I conclude my Sinnoh Dex, I can then start putting information into my PokeDex Guide for PokeMMO.

I can't really start catching Snover nor Turtwig because of the pace of my Sinnoh Walkthrough. Although, it is quite fun covering the Sinnoh Story, my pace is quite slow because I need to tape things for my YouTube channel. Most of my peers have already completed Sinnoh, but at least I can go from region to region with ease now.

Edited by Bestfriends
Slight corrections, just celebrating a victory for PlayerKind at the moment.
On 12/1/2015 at 10:46 PM, Bestfriends said:

Locations (Day or Night) Implemented

232fd47d6cdf9baf4965819e4bc2cd94.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to quote awkway's suggestion...

- awkways 8/15/17

I am sure that @awkways is happy that the Day and Night section of the Dex has been implemented.

Yes, I am so happy it was added 3 years later, rather than not at all.

Another suggestion I would like to see, and no idea if this was already suggested, but in general it would be REALLY nice to search a route and see all the pokes + hordes available in that area, for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, awkways said:

Yes, I am so happy it was added 3 years later, rather than not at all.

Another suggestion I would like to see, and no idea if this was already suggested, but in general it would be REALLY nice to search a route and see all the pokes + hordes available in that area, for obvious reasons.

That would be quite hard to implement due to sheer number of routes that you can type, not to mention that Unova and Kanto share similar Route names.

4 hours ago, levantinh said:

image.png.4a66adedef67c4fcd77f574e8ac7cb5a.png

We have this region column so routes with same name are not a problem. 

That is a category in the locations tab. Having it in the dex in a general area would be too crowded.

I would encourage for you to check out @Branni's suggestion: