PokeGoogle is HERE!

Bestfriends

Question

Lets say, I want to catch a poke that has flame body, but how will I know what pokemon have this ability? Would be nice to cite abilities in the PokeDex. Or if I want to breed something with my piloswine, I want to know what group to look for. I also want to evolve my Shroomish into a Breloom, but what level do I need to evolve it? These questions can all be solved with my PokeGoogle suggestion! So far, we have almost a PokeGoogle, but I want just 2 more possible tabs.

CheckList for PokeGoogle:

1. Locations in dex CHECK

2. Evolution Chain CHECK

3. Egg Groups CHECK

4. Abilities CHECK

5. Locations (Day or Night) CHECK

Location Tab Implemented

177dc55461a9243c891a51837f0757c2.png

Evolution Chain Tab Implemented

f80bfcd6280bd3a076d1e3a4bc8ecad3.png

Egg Group Tab Implemented

8415507e4ddc770dfcef36b32af83797.png

Abilities Tab Implemented

4e2b53eaac11929dc5ca1f52249078bb.png

Locations (Day or Night) Implemented

232fd47d6cdf9baf4965819e4bc2cd94.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to quote awkway's suggestion...

Can we please get an extra column in the locations tab listing if they are day / night / all the time?

So many new players ask if they can find x at night, or end up looking for mudkip for an hour at night not to find any because the dex only says locations. The only way they can know they're not there at night is if they dig through forums to that implemented pokemon locations thread or constantly ask channel chat / other players, so its not only annoying but also very misleading as it currently stands.

- awkways 8/15/17

I am sure that @awkways is happy that the Day and Night section of the Dex has been implemented.

Edited by Bestfriends
PokeGoogle is now complete!

The in game pokedex should have all the relevant information so people aren't forced to a third party source to find out important information.

Shouldnt time be spent adding useful content, instead of appealing to the lazier part of the community? I dont deny that it would be useful, but it is more of a convenience than a must add

Shouldnt time be spent adding useful content, instead of appealing to the lazier part of the community? I dont deny that it would be useful, but it is more of a convenience than a must add

Lazier part of the community? My final is coming up and now I have to go to Bulbapedia for answers? I came to see this comment and not everyone in the community is lazy. Are you calling myself and LeTyrone lazy? Most of the players on this MMO are college students, how would we have the time to do a bit more research then our professor(s) assign to us? I mean, I do research for the purpose of YouTube (and trying to be an objective news reporter and try to get my facts right before I air my program), but I don't want to torture the community with relaying on outside sources. There is a reason why I suggested for Locations to be cited in the dex. Some of us are overwhelmed and would like the luxury to open up a Pokemon dictionary (or PokeDex) and get our information. Here is the information that should be implemented into our dex to save us from doing our own research: the pokemon's location [implemented already - good job devs], its egg group(s), its possible abilities, evolution levels, etc. I do this type of research and I would like the community of PokeMMO to be relieved of such duties because this is a game after all and it should be fun and the dex should be straight to the point. If I may, I am going to quote LeTyrone's statement (which in my opinion, is an excellent point), "the in game pokedex should have all the relevant information so people aren't forced to a third party source to find out important information" (LeTyrone, Comment # 7).  I can tell you, the dex should have the information I mentioned in the bold red text above.

Edited by Bestfriends

Lazier part of the community? My final is coming up and now I have to go to Bulbapedia for answers? I came to see this comment and not everyone in the community is lazy. Are you calling myself and LeTyrone lazy? Most of players on this MMO are college students, how would we have the time to do a bit more research then our professor(s) assign to us? I mean, I do research for the purpose of YouTube (and trying to be an objective news reporter and try to get my facts right before I air my program), but I don't want to torture the community with relaying on outside sources. There is a reason why I suggested for Locations to be cited in the dex. Some of us are overwhelmed and would like the luxury to open up a Pokemon dictionary (or PokeDex) and get our information. Here is the information that should be implemented into our dex to save us from doing our own research: the pokemon's location [implemented already - good job devs], its egg group(s), its possible abilities, etc. I do this type of research and I would like the community of PokeMMO to be relieved of such duties because this is a game after all and it should be fun and the dex should be straight to the point. If I may, I am going to quote LeTyrone's statement (which in my opinion, is an excellent point), "the in game pokedex should have all the relevant information so people aren't forced to a third party source to find out important information" (LeTyrone, Comment # 7).  I can tell you, the dex should have the information I mentioned in the bold red text above.

you act like it takes long to look up Bulbapedia

sounds like a personal problem. 

Also, it wasnt that i didnt think it was a good idea.  I said that it wasn't a priority, with all the other things they could implement

Sleepy, the dex is a priority (this is what we use to look up a poke's info). It is important to have a dex that works like a PokeMMO Pokemon Google. That is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Sleepy, the dex is a priority (this is what we use to look up a poke's info). It is important to have a dex that works like a PokeMMO Pokemon Google. That is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

It being a priority means that without it the game is a lot harder then is desired and like champloo said bulbapedia is 15 sec work
Don't get me wrong pokedex is something that should/could have a lot more helpful abilities
I am not saying that it is a bad idea
But like sleepy said it is not a priority/ must have

I think, game wise, that it would actually be a priority to add more information to the Pokedex. It's probably not top priority, but shouldn't be too far of it. At least the typing and abilities should be added. It might be easy for us to quickly look something up you don't know right away, but for newer players it's not very inviting if they need to use 3rd party help for basic stuff, like a Pokemon' s type, every time they don't know something.

It being a priority means that without it the game is a lot harder then is desired and like champloo said bulbapedia is 15 sec work
Don't get me wrong pokedex is something that should/could have a lot more helpful abilities
I am not saying that it is a bad idea
But like sleepy said it is not a priority/ must have

How would a new player know about the 15 second bulbapedia tactic (and not all computers are the same)? My secondary computer (which is a Windows 7 computer) has trouble pulling up more than one browser, so if I play PokeMMO and I want to know an answer to my question, I might have to wait about 1 - 3 minutes per question for each Pokemon. I can completely relate with OldKeith on this point, I want a GoogleDex to save people from the troubles of looking at third party sources as LeTyrone was mentioning. Why not save us from all this trouble and just have it in our game, I mean this is an "online" game and I am sure we can turn the Pokedex into a PokeGoogle. In my book, its a top priority. If the devs keep this up, PokeMMO could advertise that "it has more information than the average PokeDex!" Who would not want a dex that has a ton of information? So, lets Google it up!

Edited by Bestfriends

i think the pokedex in game will be upgraded at every update by a little amount each time. 

That is really nice to hear. At least its being updated. This is the "Age of Information" and this MMO is online so I figured that this suggestion is plausible.

people who want game changing content

All that is being done is discussing the idea of adding more information to the Pokedex. None of that implies priority nor does it mean that new content will get bumped back in favor of this. This suggestion is really nice and would be a game changer for players who don't like switching between windows to constantly look up data that could be included in the dex entry. As far as priority, if this were to be added it likely won't have the same priority as new content, but there is no reason that this could not be added in the same patch as more content.