[Denied] Alt Identification Law

I was thinking of how I handle telemarketers irl and I want to apply this knowledge to PokeMMO. When I handle a telemarketer, I ask "hello sir/ma'am, what is your name?" Then when he/she answers, I ask for a supervisor and I tell the supervisor to add me to the company's no-call list. Why not apply this to PokeMMO? I have seen alts running around trolling others under the alt's name. Like if I had an alt named "Iwantchocolatemilk" and I trolled MDVN to death, the MDVN members should ask, "hello are you JIce?" If I say "yes", they could report the alleged alt and the staff would track the alt to myself and I am forced to apologize to JIce and change my name. You have to identify yourself like you do when a police officer asks for ID. I have to legally say, "No, I am not JIce, I am Bestfriends." If I don't do that, I would be stealing JIce's reputation and I would paint him as a little child. If the offence continues, ban the main account so that way the person would be forced to not screw with someone's reputation.

The reason why I am suggesting this is because there was an incident a while ago, in Viridian, there was a lady who hated my guts and made an alt called "Worstfriends" and completely ruined my reputation (all I can say is that her name starts with the letter M). I want alt identification to be made law.

Good Protocol

09c82fda8d288fd85a1e03a1f8636444.png 034930a58f9957084786c3ec39473d56.pngefdb266104d43a535fe621caab899a1a.png

b72e0ff72c44a0d0066956ee56d05d21.png 315f367f0068ef5527b816cbad2cd620.png77dd862c2f4babce85bf0bfd24fc91eb.png

Here is what the report should look like:

dab1cb21c15050eaea679516bc601183.png

If this is my alt, my main should get a temp ban for "knowingly insulting others." If the offence continues, the staff can do a permanent ban on both my main and alt in question.

[spoiler]The lady that involved approved of my request to make the skit happen.[/spoiler]

Edited by Bestfriends

this is ridiculous. staff cant and shouldnt police lying. there's not a real need anyways since the block feature exist. and staff can just trace the ip of a account to see what other accounts are linked to it.  while yes there are ways to change a ip, unless you are also using different hardware staff can still tell it's you. and it's easy to tell when someones running in a virtual machine. 

tl;dr pointless

this is ridiculous. staff cant and shouldnt police lying. there's not a real need anyways since the block feature exist. and staff can just trace the ip of a account to see what other accounts are linked to it.  while yes there are ways to change a ip, unless you are also using different hardware staff can still tell it's you. and it's easy to tell when someones running in a virtual machine. 

tl;dr pointless

Do you want some creep to identify himself/herself as you? I am trying to prevent identity theft.

There are lots of people who play on alts and for various reasons want to remain anonymous forcing them to reveal who they are may end up screwing over people who aren't doing anything wrong. I'm sure if you openly say "<insert name here> is not me" your reputation would not be harmed. The people who are doing things like this are in the minority and doing a change like this would damage the freedom and anonymity of the vast majority who aren't doing anything wrong.

And even if somebody is screwing around on an alt account they can be IP banned which can apply to their main account as well.

Must say 10/10 example using Jice.

Edited by Rendiz

lmao what are you gonna do to make the person reveal themselves? Great skit btw

You can do the Kanzo Method by making the alt slip: "Stop playing with me Bestfriends, I know its you." Keep doing it until I break and say, "yes Kanzo?" I indirectly blow my cover.

There are lots of people who play on alts and for various reasons want to remain anonymous forcing them to reveal who they are may end up screwing over people who aren't doing anything wrong. I'm sure if you openly say "<insert name here> is not me" your reputation would not be harmed. The people who are doing things like this are in the minority and doing a change like this would damage the freedom and anonymity of the vast majority who aren't doing anything wrong.

And even if somebody is screwing around on an alt account they can be IP banned which can apply to their main account as well.

Must say 10/10 example using Jice.

This person called herself "Worstfriends" was playing stupid and pretended to be me in Viridian. I ask people to overcome this stereotype that this Worstfriends has given me.

I don't think you understand what laws are.

When I talk about laws in game, I am referring to the Code of Conduct's rules.

Edited by Bestfriends

If someone is deliberately trying to make another person look bad and has a similar name to the person they are trying to do it to, you can report it to a staff member; however, we can't really stop people from saying that they are someone else. For example "Worstfriends" would not really count as a person trying to make fun of you. Logically it does since worst is the opposite of best, but technically it won't have anything to do with you, so in that case, nothing could be done (unless they are really trying to make you look bad). Additionally, we can find out whether the person is actually the person they are claiming to be, so we don't need the player reporting it to tell us who they think it is. All in all, this isn't really necessary (also because these situations are quite uncommon).