What is the deal with people and 31s

I think its great that we have  commodity in 31 IV poekmon, no matter how over all bad the pokemon is. I just dont like how it seems to be the ONLY thing people are looking for. The Value of everything else, even hidden power pokes, seem to be dwarfed in comparison. Which is really quit ridicules. I understand the logic behind bracing only 31s for pokemon because they cost the same as 25s. BUT it is still overall cheaper to breed lesser pokes than all 31s because you can usually find pokes with multiple 25s but not 31s. Every 2x breeder you have it saves you 30k in braces and every 3 x breeder you have it saves you 90k in braces so there SHOULD be more ppl breeding for this and the breeders and products SHOULD hold at least some value. But thats not reality in reality you will never make over 100k on a comp poke unless it has more than 1 31 making many perfectly viable comps worthless in the market.

you will never make over 100k on a comp poke unless it has more than 1 31 making many perfectly viable comps worthless in the market.

Tbh, this is false...at least here on the forum you can see people offering more than 100k for good comps with "average" IVs...Trade Chat isn't a good way of picturing economy since there are lots of new players who have actually no idea of values e good stuff, lots of people trying to rip you off, and salt mines when you turn down a low ball offer..

Good Hp pokes value is still there, but only for some pokes, 31 Speed comps that require good hp are still worth a lot, other comps that don't neccesary require 31s can just drop some IVs, and value, for the Hp changer...

I agree when I breed (at least while I was still doing this), all I cared about was 31s and 30s (for Hidden Power). This is important at a higher level if you want to make defensive investments, for example make Dugtrio live a Jolteon HP Ice. Buying an imperfect comp, I would much rather breed my own "perfect" one than spend much on that.

I don't think i'd be the only person willing to pay 500k for something like a 28x5 1x31  poke.

Even 550 if i need it.

Couldn't agree more. Even if its just the speed IV needed to outspeed copies I couldn't mind less if the 3rd rated stats are a bit below not like EVs can't balance anything out EVs 4=1 IVs. But people claiming that a good comp must be 4x31 or 3x31 even certain 2x31  where some x stats are not notable are just wasting their money and time in my opinion. Exceptions are stats needed to survive 1 shots and do 1 shots but that also depends on the comp.

Edited by Zaphiar

Tbh, this is false...at least here on the forum you can see people offering more than 100k for good comps with "average" IVs...Trade Chat isn't a good way of picturing economy since there are lots of new players who have actually no idea of values e good stuff, lots of people trying to rip you off, and salt mines when you turn down a low ball offer..

Good Hp pokes value is still there, but only for some pokes, 31 Speed comps that require good hp are still worth a lot, other comps that don't neccesary require 31s can just drop some IVs, and value, for the Hp changer...

This is a good point, i am basing all of this on trade chat which is where i get most of my trading done. I have heard that the forums usually yield better results but take much longer to get anywhere.

I agree when I breed (at least while I was still doing this), all I cared about was 31s and 30s (for Hidden Power). This is important at a higher level if you want to make defensive investments, for example make Dugtrio live a Jolteon HP Ice. Buying an imperfect comp, I would much rather breed my own "perfect" one than spend much on that.

You can make an imperfect dugtrio survive hiddenpower from jolt. I know thats not the point you're trying to make, but this is just a bad example of perfect IVs being important. A better example would be  Niks perfect hypno surviving an attack that was important for him to survive in order for him to win his match for the TT. He prolly wouldnt have survived if he had been less than perfect, but situations like that happen so seldom.

Edited by codylramey

You can make an imperfect dugtrio survive hiddenpower from jolt. I know thats not the point you're trying to make, but this is just a bad example of perfect IVs being important.

Um... no you can't. Even a Dugtrio with perfect IVs needs to sacrifice 24 evs (20 HP and 4 Special Defense) in order to be guaranteed to live a hidden power Ice. You either lose firepower or speed, but eliminating the opposing Jolteon may be just well worth it. A poverty Dugtrio will never be able to take out a Jolteon without severely hindering its firepower/speed. So I would say it is a perfect example. If I want to hoard comps just for the sake of variety, IVs and specific spreads are not that important. But the deeper you get into it, you notice that every IV counts.

A poverty Dugtrio will never be able to take out a Jolteon without severely hindering its firepower/speed. So I would say it is a perfect example. If I want to hoard comps just for the sake of variety, IVs and specific spreads are not that important. But the deeper you get into it, you notice that every IV counts.

If i dont forget or lose interest imma do some calcs to test this claim after school. I know i have a dugtrio that was built to survive hp ice from jolt and icebeam from uninvested pory (but, unless i did the calcs wrong, they all seem to be invested in verm. But i digress.) and hes not perfect. But its adamant and doesnt always 1hko metagross (dont know if its even possible, have to calc to see) so i am willing to admit i am wrong if the calcs show it to be true.

As for trade on this game. I have been selling a lot of stuff that i dont value too much bc it only has one usable stat that just so happen to be 31. Also had a guy pay 10k over normal price of 1x 31 ditto bc it had 28 spcl atk. So maybe the problem isnt as big as i made it out to be and when we get trade hub it wont be so magnified as it is now.

Edited by codylramey
  • 2 weeks later...

i just like the fact it takes the parents. but i dislikehow the ivs are shown now. 20-31 used to be the core seller, now 30's barely sell, 31 or go home they say/  also witht he way breeding is now. its harder to determin what dittos values can be to one person when they only actually want the 1.31 plus a 28 spa

Edited by anewhope
  • 3 weeks later...

so far, and i know its still early, but so far i dont see where the trade hub has gotten rid of the thirst for 31s. I did a random search for adamant pokes, 25+ all stats except spcl atk, and 31 speed. The result were people asking for over a million for 5-6x 31 comps. No lower comps being sold at all. Now i have only done one of these searches so the results arent very reflective of reality but I did want to know if anyone has seen any 25+ comps being sold on GTL. If so how much, if you sold a lower quality comp yourself, or bought one, what did you sell/buy it for?

so far, and i know its still early, but so far i dont see where the trade hub has gotten rid of the thirst for 31s. I did a random search for adamant pokes, 25+ all stats except spcl atk, and 31 speed. The result were people asking for over a million for 5-6x 31 comps. No lower comps being sold at all. Now i have only done one of these searches so the results arent very reflective of reality but I did want to know if anyone has seen any 25+ comps being sold on GTL. If so how much, if you sold a lower quality comp yourself, or bought one, what did you sell/buy it for?

I bought a very good 1x31 altaria for about 500k

The 6x31 ivs are getting a bit ridiculous. I mean Pokemon say Arcanine, doesn't need 31 HP/Def/SpDef as All it really needs is 31 Speed/Atk/SpAtk (Depends on how you're building the Arcanine). But from what people been saying it's terrible if they are not all 6 31s. Tbh, I feel that the new breeding system ruined the comp scene. I mean a 6x31 pokemon should be difficult to obtain if someone would want it. But really it's all about pumping out the cash for the 6x31s. 

Well I was lucky to find a Bold (+def -atk) Walrein with 15/27/30/24/25/2 for 50k Granted I had to fix a couple moves on it, but it doesn't need speed so it's fine to have a 2 IV there. 

While earlier today I managed to catch a Bashful (No stat change) Trapinch with 7/31/18/26/9/31 and I'm happy having max speed/atk as that is all it really needs, while still being able to use maybe 1 special move. 

Idk I just wish people would throw out viable comps in the GTL without them being 6x31.

Did anyone else catch dede v. JJ's PSL match the other day? I've always been a proponent of bargain comps - ie: 20+ in all stats, 25+ in the relevant attack stat and 31 speed, but that PSL match showed just how important 31s can be (a perfect manectric lived what I assume was a perfect ampharos' tbolt with 2 hp left - a higher roll or lower IVs and dede likely gets swept)

Now, that's a competitive battle at the absolute highest level, I realize that your average battle won't be so dependant on IVs. But I believe it was keith who brought up the point earlier, and the point is valid: 31s can be very important

Did anyone else catch dede v. JJ's PSL match the other day? I've always been a proponent of bargain comps - ie: 20+ in all stats, 25+ in the relevant attack stat and 31 speed, but that PSL match showed just how important 31s can be (a perfect manectric lived what I assume was a perfect ampharos' tbolt with 2 hp left - a higher roll or lower IVs and dede likely gets swept)

Now, that's a competitive battle at the absolute highest level, I realize that your average battle won't be so dependant on IVs. But I believe it was keith who brought up the point earlier, and the point is valid: 31s can be very important

Im not saying that it doesnt matter, although b4 two team tournies ago when nicks perfect hypno survived barely from something (idr what) i thought it mattered a lot less than it does, but i think that in an mmo there should be tiers of comps the way it use to be. And i think that steps should be taken to try and encourage that. Noobs also cant afford 1mill + for perfect comps so it would be nice if there was more of a place in our economy for non perfect comps. This entire convo kind of goes back to my suggestion of charging less to pass lesser IVs.

Im not saying that it doesnt matter, although b4 two team tournies ago when nicks perfect hypno survived barely from something (idr what) i thought it mattered a lot less than it does, but i think that in an mmo there should be tiers of comps the way it use to be. And i think that steps should be taken to try and encourage that. Noobs also cant afford 1mill + for perfect comps so it would be nice if there was more of a place in our economy for non perfect comps. This entire convo kind of goes back to my suggestion of charging less to pass lesser IVs.

along that line, I've been scouring the GTL the last few days by setting the parameters to 20+ hp, def, sp def, and 31 speed. There's all sorts of good breeders out there in that range that are criminally cheap (if you can snap them up before GTL vultures like yetto get in there). Theyre obviously not comps, but a lot of them are 1 breed away or could help build another comp with selective breeding.

56eb1906226e0e535337eaa8b036106d.png

this cost me a total of 45k to breed, using 2 cheap ass karps from GTL and one brace/one everstone. Bargains are definitely out there and I never woulda been able to make this so cheap w/o GTL

I've been collecting comps the past 1-2 months(from scratch) and I've spent ~2 million on GTL(around 6-7M overall). I have to say that I've bought good pokemon for fair prices. The first days were crazy, there was a huge amount of good breeders/comps and many of them in ridiculous prices(not necessarily completely off). Now that things have settle the overpriced ones have remained there and well priced pokemon are being bought in less than 2 hours.

I think the most I've spent for a pokemon in GTL is 500K.

I've also sell a couple of pokemon. Two of them was bought in less than 10 minutes, one was before I went to sleep and the other day was sold and the other one was there for 4 days...

[spoiler]Worth mentioning that I got a fantastic magnemite for almost nothing, so yeah, some people still see 31 like holy fruits(it could be a missclick though, dunno).[/spoiler]

Edited by milluki

I've been collecting comps the past 1-2 months(from scratch) and I've spent ~2 million on GTL(around 6-7M overall). I have to say that I've bought good pokemon for fair prices. The first days were crazy, there was a huge amount of good breeders/comps and many of them in ridiculous prices(not necessarily completely off). Now that things have settle the overpriced ones have remained there and well priced pokemon are being bought in less than 2 hours.

I think the most I've spent for a pokemon in GTL is 500K.

I've also sell a couple of pokemon. Two of them was bought in less than 10 minutes, one was before I went to sleep and the other day was sold and the other one was there for 4 days...

[spoiler]Worth mentioning that I got a fantastic magnemite for almost nothing, so yeah, some people still see 31 like holy fruits(it could be a missclick though, dunno).[/spoiler]

These werent perfect 31 comps? Bc im just trying to gauge if non perfect comps are being circulated in the GTL. It could very well be that the only ones i see is all 31s bc those are the ones not selling. In which case the market for non perfect comps is prolly fine the way it is. Ofc its still too early to draw any real solid conclusions at this point anyway.

Edited by codylramey

These werent perfect 31 comps? Bc im just trying to gauge if non perfect comps are being circulated in the GTL. It could very well be that the only ones i see is all 31s bc those are the ones not selling. In which case the market for non perfect comps is prolly fine the way it is. Ofc its still too early to draw any real solid conclusions at this point anyway.

Yes, that's what I tried to say. I bought a lot of good breeders(natured 3x27+) (3-4x26+) for good prices and I'm seeing a lot of them go very quickly.

no

yea,, this actually took time n skill from people.....

comfirmed ivs at lvl 1!!! wtf thats jsut feeding into the compl players who crying,,

help the other payers out liek noobs n traders once inawhile

not just fullfill w.e these sad compers want

make comps to easy to get for them compers n ppl like traders n noobs gunna dissapear real fast

Edited by anewhope

yea,, this actually took time n skill from people.....

comfirmed ivs at lvl 1!!! wtf thats jsut feeding into the compl players who crying,,

help the other payers out liek noobs n traders once inawhile

not just fullfill w.e these sad compers want

make comps to easy to get for them compers n ppl like traders n noobs gunna dissapear real fast

ok