Automated Trade chat

ArieJ

Question

So, I was thinking about an update for these days Trade System.

If you want to sell stuff today, you just spam Trade Chat with your Pokemans/Items and the price behind it in the hope someone will be interested.
With some luck someone will whisper you in English and you can start negotiate or sell directly.

But, there it comes;
it happens so many times that someone will whisper you, who speaks another language then just English.
And there it is the language barrier.

So I thought, what if there was a system for that spamming?
Like some sort of external box only for trading @ Pokecenter P.c. 
When Pokemons/Items are dropped in that box you can give it a price. But can also retract it in case you chanced your mind.
You’ll simply put your Pokemon/Item in that system add max prize and it will be automatically spammed in Trade Chat(Like once a minute, with a Max of 6 Pokemon/Items)  And then someone clicks on your Pokemon/Item. It will show up, like it already does, but now comes with a prize and 2 buttons to click on(For the Buyer) 1 button with Deal and another button with Negotiate.
If the buyer presses Deal, the Seller will get a message that his Pokemon/Item is sold to (Name) for (Amount of money)
And if the Buyer presses Negotiate he can add pokemon and items as well as he can add money(Like trade), the Seller will see a Pop-Up, with what the Buyer offers you.
As Seller you got 3 options in that Pop-Up; Accept, Decline, Negotiate.
In case the Buyer presses Negotiate he must make an offer. And the Seller will see a Pop-Up.
If Seller presses Accept, Buyer will get a message that he bought that Pokemon/Item from (Name) for (Amount of money)
If Seller presses Decline, Buyer will get a message that his Offer is refused.
If Seller presses Negotiate, a Pop-Up will appear by the Buyer and they can Negotiate (Few times?)

Advantages;

• As Seller you can just sit back, do some money grinding, start a battle or have some fun time.
  • You will not have to do that annoying spam by your self anymore! Just put it in that box and rest will be done automatically.
  • Less spamming in other channels.
  • You both don’t have to search for each other for a trade @ Kanto or Hoenn.
  • And of course there will be no language barrier.

Cons;

• Takes a lot of work for devs to realize it.
  • It’s like Anti Social, because you will not talk with each other.
  • You can troll friends or others with lowballs.
  • And don’t really know if this will really work.. x]

Feel free to correct me.
LF Feedback
Ty.

Edited by Eggplant
Changed title for clarity

10 answers to this question

Its a good idea imo, but i dont think it would work like that. A marketplace would be better, like the mail update but with pokes to sell or buy. The thing is you can just afk for 1 month with your "on sale" stuff and i dont think people in the game would like that. Also its a good way to sell/buy stuff to players with different time zone. 

So market place would be better idea?

With a minimum price and autosell price?

Or more like auction. Item for sale lets say 10 minutes. you got 10 minutes to bid and if you got highest offer it's yours?

Tbh I would prefer minimum price and autosell then.

So market place would be better idea?

With a minimum price and autosell price?
Or more like auction. Item for sale lets say 10 minutes. you got 10 minutes to bid and if you got highest offer it's yours?
Tbh I would prefer minimum price and autosell then.

How I see a grand exchange working here:

It's simple on the selling side. You put a pokemon up for sale and you set a price that you want to sell it for.

On the buying end, you would specify:
1. species
2. gender
3. level (you can specify a specific level or a range)
4. ability
5. moves (you can use "and" and/or "or" statements on these)
6. IVs (can specify a specific spread, or can set a range)
7. EVs (can specify a specific spread or a range)
(you can leave "no preference" on any category besides species)

Then you would set a price that you would be willing to pay for the specified pokemon. If someone is selling a pokemon that fits your requirements, and the prices overlap, then a deal is made (whoever put the offer up first gets the good end of the deal. i.e. if I put a magikarp up for 500 pokeyen and then someone wants to buy a magikarp for 600 pokeyen, I end up with 600 instead of 500. On the otherhand, if the buyer put the offer up first and then I try to sell the magikarp for 500, I will get 500 and the buyer will only pay 500 instead of 600). Furthermore, if your requirements are not met, the system can show you "the next best thing", so that you can see your options if a deal isn't instantly made.

That's just a rough draft of what I expect out of a grand exchange type system in pokemmo.

A system that promotes spam? This will likely not turn out very well, it will just make trading more frustrating.

An Auction house however would be great, just like we know it from other games. (WoW, Diablo, etc). 

This way you could outright buy the pokemon from the auction house, or if you would like to negotiate for a better price, simply whisper the person selling the item(name should be available next to auction), or send an ingame mail.