Role Playing

Itachibana

As someone who enjoys a good role play I was wondering if anyone who played role plays on the game. I would like for this topic to serve as a multiple purpose to help those who might want to role play but just don't know how. I've seen some discussion in the channels about role playing and how some people viewed it as being silly as the lore in the pokemon games doesn't offer much.

For those who are creative I would like to think it's possible to still spin a great tale even if the lore doesn't offer much. The way I see it with little lore holding people back it gives us more room to be creative! Why can't people role play being a new team? Or having aspirations to become new gym leaders? Holding special events for these things! Or have some people create their own special league. There are quite a few different themes to play upon that can involve even people who don't know how or don't care at all to RP by including battles with the simple suggestions above.

Let's hear some ideas! Does anyone else think Role Playing is possible? Or not possible? And why?

Me and moonlepsy have been avid Rp'ers in alot of MMO's over our gaming years, since the days of Everquest x3

I'm really happy to know that there are still some lingering around xD

But back on track, I really do think that RP'ing is possible. Depends on the angle of perspective I think.

I did a simple rp yesterday at vermillion, by pretending to be a poke-tourney commentator, and random people started "entering the ring" so to speak xD

And it really took off from there, and it was alot of fun. So while its situational, I definitely support the idea of RP.

*Two thumbs wayy up* <3 

I did a simple rp yesterday at vermillion, by pretending to be a poke-tourney commentator, and random people started "entering the ring" so to speak xD

And it really took off from there, and it was alot of fun. So while its situational, I definitely support the idea of RP.

*Two thumbs wayy up* <3 

See this is the kind of stuff I live for! That is awesome~

The next time something like that happens totally let me know! I would jump at the chance to join in on that :3

RP is really lame. 

It's not for everyone. Those who can't be bothered or aren't creative enough to stay on their toes to be engaged in role playing would find it lame. I used to think it was lame myself but it gives you the opportunity to do more than any video game would allow. So for that I enjoy it.

Did it back in the day on good ol' roblox #MedievalRoleplay and have done it on MMO with some random in Pallet (since I have nothing better to do at any point in time). In the instance that I did it on this game it seemed to me as if this platform is a fairly good one for the act, especially if you have access to a large variety of vanity items.

I've never RP'd myself, but I've had friends and guildies do it in many of the MMO's I've played. I can really see how it would be fun to create and walk through your own unique story, and truly immerse yourself into a game. It honestly reminds of reading a really good book. I do believe it's possible to RP here in PokeMMO, although, I feel it might be a little more difficult to do as there are limitations.

Regardless, with a unique Pokemon team, tons of locations, and the physical customization of your own character, I believe it's doable! Like Itachibana stated above, since Pokemon offers a limited amount of lore, it leaves it wide open for RPer's to be creative and really shape the world around them into a very cool RP scenario. I've always noticed and been told that creating or joining an RP Guild/Team can really help.

Best of luck with the Role Playing!

lame.

I stand by my lack of creativity statement as it took you so long to reply with such a short response to which you are repeating what you already said. And again I will say it's not for everyone. However, if you want to make a counter argument as to why role playing is lame I will happily read it and respect your opinion. Much unlike how you did for mine.

I've never RP'd myself, but I've had friends and guildies do it in many of the MMO's I've played. I can really see how it would be fun to create and walk through your own unique story, and truly immerse yourself into a game. It honestly reminds of reading a really good book. I do believe it's possible to RP here in PokeMMO, although, I feel it might be a little more difficult to do as there are limitations.

Regardless, with a unique Pokemon team, tons of locations, and the physical customization of your own character, I believe it's doable! Like Itachibana stated above, since Pokemon offers a limited amount of lore, it leaves it wide open for RPer's to be creative and really shape the world around them into a very cool RP scenario. I've always noticed and been told that creating or joining an RP Guild/Team can really help.

Best of luck with the Role Playing!

Gawd you're worst than zehkar

Btw, why isn't this in off topic?... oh

Edited by Malorne