Advertise our Forums and TeamSpeak services in the FAQ in game

Bestfriends

Question

When I help newer players have a forums account, I am forced to tell them to Google PokeMMO's official website and have them click on forums or Google TeamSpeak. I personally think this is a little bit tedious. Why not have this sort of information in the FAQ in game so that way I can ask people to look at the FAQ, it would make tour guides like me have a easier time guiding future players to our services.

8f6aa4ecb0a5dd4466632d0abfeb2c96.png

In all honesty, the reason why I knew about forums in the first place was because of LeTyrone, so if I can catch him in game or TS, I would thank him for telling me about the forums. If this was available via in game FAQ, then Tyrone would of had an easier time explaining to me how to even have a forums account. RacheLucario also assisted me with TeamSpeak, and we can make her life easier by telling us the players about forums and TeamSpeak (I think I thanked Rache for helping me with TS, but just in case, if I catch her, I would thank her as well).

[spoiler]Thank you LeTyrone and RacheLucario for helping me seek alternative forms of communication other than in game.[/spoiler]

Edited by Bestfriends

6 answers to this question

Well, the forums' suggestion box and bug reports section are advertised in the FAQ somewhere slightly above where you cropped that screenshot.

If anything, comp alley stuff like move bans and pokemon being moved tiers + officials should be advertised actively. Via something like, system announcements, like that mewtwo message.

It'll work fine for things like no-limit catching contests, but it might become a mess if we have 100+ first-timers in a 32-man bracket registration.

As for TS, not certain it's really necessary to advertise it. The forums, definitely, but not necessarily through the FAQ.

Well, the forums' suggestion box and bug reports section are advertised in the FAQ somewhere slightly above where you cropped that screenshot.

If anything, comp alley stuff like move bans and pokemon being moved tiers + officials should be advertised actively. Via something like, system announcements, like that mewtwo message.

It'll work fine for things like no-limit catching contests, but it might become a mess if we have 100+ first-timers in a 32-man bracket registration.

As for TS, not certain it's really necessary to advertise it. The forums, definitely, but not necessarily through the FAQ.

I don't care what means you need to advertise it, just as long as its in game. I log on to TS and I find a desert, barely anyone goes to it (we could change that). I try to get newer players to log on TeamSpeak, but TeamSpeak is so abandoned that newer players that was guiding through TeamSpeak leave. Why not make TeamSpeak flourish with newer faces?

I remember talking with someone a while back about this and it was suggested that it be advertised in the login message. 
Just a short two lines that shows up in the chat box whenever you first login which mentions the Forums and/or Teamspeak would probably bring a lot more people there.  If nothing else, it lets users know that we do have a forum board/Teamspeak. 

If we ever do advertise our teamspeak server, it probably won't be in the FAQ. I'm not sure it would be in-game at all, in fact.

The reason why I want forums and TS to be advertised is because people like myself don't have the luxury to link things while staff can. Having a link there in the game would be easier to point to and overall make the game a lot easier to understand (because a lot of times, the game revolves around the forums and who wouldn't want to hear other players speak while playing?). In my opinion, I think PokeMMO should try to advertise their services because as of now, we have a lot of newer players and few people on forums or TS.

Edited by Bestfriends