Meow x3 *wiggle wiggle*

JosiePooh

Looking back, I realise that I made a fatal error.

I should have taken this matter though private messaging. That never occurred to me back then.

I apologise in advance for ruining your introduction thread to a great extent. I am fully aware that I was really hotheaded at the time.

As for all the other insults that were thrown at you- some of your replies in response to those insults seem to have the tendency to only further aggravate people. They could use a little fixing in my opinion. The choice is completely up to you but if you were to be a bit more subtle with your wording, arguments of those sorts will quickly come to an end.

With all that said, please enjoy your time here on this forum. I apologise once again for the mayhem I caused.

I should have taken this matter though private messaging. That never occurred to me back then.

I apologise in advance for ruining your introduction thread to a great extent. I am fully aware that I was really hotheaded at the time.

As for all the other insults that were thrown at you- some of your replies in response to those insults seem to have the tendency to only further aggravate people. They could use a little fixing in my opinion. The choice is completely up to you but if you were to be a bit more subtle with your wording, arguments of those sorts will quickly come to an end.

With all that said, please enjoy your time here on this forum. I apologise once again for the mayhem I caused.

What problem? Kids be crazy! xD

Look Squall, I got a little defensive as well, you know that. An impulsive statement from me, instigated your anger one way or the other, so I'm really sorry , and thank you.
If your kind enough to offer that advice, then I will sincerely take it. I do have a slightly sharp tongue that runs off-track sometimes. But hey, a girl's gotta have her say, with all you dominant males :3

I think we just got off on the wrong foot, so lets just start over shall we?  

And thank you for having me <3 

I don't suppose you have any particular anime or game that you fancy? Considering your avatar, I think its safe to say that I'm quite the Final Fantasy Girl myself xD  I still fancy anything pre- FF X imo, especially the timeless SNES versions.

What problem? Kids be crazy! xD

Oooooo Giiirls !! They wanna haaaave fuuun ~   *sings* Cyndi Lauper ~  <3

Welcome

Omg Aksha! hiiii. Thank you for replying hun xD  Nice to finally meet you on the forums, from in-game chat. Say hello to ch.3 for me x3   

Much Love Y'all

*cheers*

Edited by JosiePooh

Look Squall, I got a little defensive as well, you know that. An impulsive statement from me, instigated your anger one way or the other, so I'm really sorry , and thank you.
If your kind enough to offer that advice, then I will sincerely take it. I do have a slightly sharp tongue that runs off-track sometimes. But hey, a girl's gotta have her say, with all you dominant males :3

I don't suppose you have any particular anime or game that you fancy? Considering your avatar, I think its safe to say that I'm quite the Final Fantasy Girl myself xD  I still fancy anything pre- FF X imo, especially the timeless SNES versions.

Oooooo Giiirls !! They wanna haaaave fuuun ~   *sings* Cyndi Lauper ~  <3

Omg Aksha! hiiii. Thank you for replying hun xD  Nice to finally meet you on the forums, from in-game chat. Say hello to ch.3 for me x3   

Much Love Y'all

*cheers*

OMG xD

Thank you! :D  The moment I saw your haunter avatar, Haunter's laugh from the pokemon series started ringing in my head xD

Poke Gen 1 , Ghost Trio , hands down the best group ever ! <3 Big Fan 

Haunter Is my favorite Pokemon. Ghost type is my favorite type. They barely show ghost Pokemon in the anime.

We certainly did get off on the wrong foot because of a hasty assumption I had made. We are much more similar than you think.

I also love any FF game which came before FFX. Games beyond FFX contain highly advanced graphics which I don't find appealing for some reason. I just prefer the old school graphics.

Even our tastes in anime are similar. I too love Cardcaptor Sakura (first anime I had seen; was around 5 years old at the time), One Piece, Gintama and Rurouni Kenshin.

We certainly did get off on the wrong foot because of a hasty assumption I had made. We are much more similar than you think.

I also love any FF game which came before FFX. Games beyond FFX contain highly advanced graphics which I don't find appealing for some reason. I just prefer the old school graphics.

Even our tastes in anime are similar. I too love Cardcaptor Sakura (first anime I had seen; was around 5 years old at the time), One Piece, Gintama and Rurouni Kenshin.

Well I'm definitely glad to climb over that fence and into the garden, finally, lol.

And yes! I totally agree with you there. I think it's because we lived the classic era and we relate to that. As technology progresses within gaming, content and quality gave way to quantity and things / aspects of gaming that we used to love, grew shallow. I'm gonna come clean here, because I have a really strong hate for Tidus, the main character in FF X. The thought of a ( "Japanese", " Blonde" ,  " Farmer-Boy " . Yes , let that sink in abit, folks ) coupled with the fact that he looked like he had a freak sun tan-accident, gave me a gut-feeling, till this very day, that SquareSoft wanted to paint a more emotional and feminine-friendly , strong hero archetype, but ended up, murdering the hero's masculinity six-feet under. Some male fans took offense to the concept of Tidus and I can't blame them ( Because he really does look a wee bit like a Tranny :S )

Cardcaptor Sakura was definately my first anime as a kid <3  

Rurouni Kenshin came after, and I instantly loved how real , bloody, politically sadistic and psychological it portrayed the warring era of Japan. It still has ( to me ) the richest blend of culture and reality portrayal in an animation to date.

Edited by JosiePooh

Hello everyone. Gosh, where should i start, lol. My name is Jocelyn, but most call me Josie in real life. I'm 25 this year, and with a mixed Australian-Chinese heritage.

Currently residing in Manhattan, New York with my roomie, Lunalepsy/Moonlepsy, who is also the same person who brought me into PokeMMO.

( Personal )

I'm a Pastry Chef & Chocolatier by profession, graduated with a Degree in culinary arts, and have been in the Hotel Industry for about 6 years now.

Been a big fan of Pokemon since I was young, and it played a big part in my childhood days. I love cooking ( duh? x3 ) , reading, Brazilian Capoeira, swimming, and watching anime and classic horror movies.

Hope to learn more about the game from all of you, make some new friends to help out along the way maybe, and rock your world ^ - ^

P.s - Any anime or movie lovers here? 

*Cheers & Toodles <3 *

Hello there~ I didn't realize that you were new! Welcome!

As a matter of fact I do enjoy anime and very select movies. I absolutely loved Inuyasha It will probably always be one of my favorites. I enjoyed the take on all the different demons back in Sengoku Japan and all the different abilities that they had. It was really unique. Not to mention the love relationship between Inuyasha and Kagome was very cute but was kinda drawn out a bit.

For movies anything that is Marvel and not the Fantastic Four I have loved~

Feel free to ask me for help to learn the game I'm happy to help however I can!

Ps. What's it like being a pastry chef? I enjoy cooking  and have thought about what it would be like to be a chef of some sort.

Hello there~ I didn't realize that you were new! Welcome!

As a matter of fact I do enjoy anime and very select movies. I absolutely loved Inuyasha It will probably always be one of my favorites. I enjoyed the take on all the different demons back in Sengoku Japan and all the different abilities that they had. It was really unique. Not to mention the love relationship between Inuyasha and Kagome was very cute but was kinda drawn out a bit.

For movies anything that is Marvel and not the Fantastic Four I have loved~

Feel free to ask me for help to learn the game I'm happy to help however I can!

Ps. What's it like being a pastry chef? I enjoy cooking  and have thought about what it would be like to be a chef of some sort.

Thank you ! <3 It really feels great to know that there are still people out there that I can find something in common with :D

Inuyasha as well, for me is another childhood classic that I really still love till this very day, ( plus ) I swear Kagome looks like a Sailor Moon- Extra, with the standard Japanese high school outfit xD

I'm an avid fan of Marvel myself, but I still have enough love for certain DC comic heroes to say that they too, were part of my upbringing.

I'll definitely look you up! We so gotta try a little rp practice 8D

Ps. Gosh hun, where do I even start? Exposure to so many different cultures & people of all race, shape and religion. The fickle hotel politics behind closed curtains, the insurmountable amount of Cake, Buns, Pies, Tarts, Biscuits, Cookies, Waffles, Pancakes, Ice cream, confectionery desserts, pudding, jelly, creme caramel, and last but not least, Chocolate <3   The stock taking, the inventory keeping, the constant inter-kitchen telephone calls between the Pastry Kitchen, the Western Kitchen, Butchery, Chinese Kitchen, Bakery, Japanese Kitchen, European / Italian Kitchen, Grand Banquet Kitchen, trying to work together around the clock to cater to an influx of over 1,800 hotel guests and walk-in customers per day, spread out between Westin Hotel's,  six separate restaurants on six separate floors, from Bay Side to Poolside. From Ball Room to Grand Hall. It's a lot to take in, on an initial basis, but if you meet the right people to work with, in the right environment, its exhilarating. Dynamic. Creative. The joy & and pain of it all, will always grant you that rich experience, that customers and dinner guests will never see. It's a different world from what most see on TV. It's surreal at times, yet somehow grounded.

Our Pastry Kitchen has the highest natural population of female employees xD about 13 of us, and 4 males. The Pastry Kitchen is about the extensive size of two four-roomed apartments in measurement ( Just to give you a sizable picture ). It is divided into 4 departments. The Bakery ( Breads, Buns, Croissants , Loaves , Biscuits , Cookies ), The Pastry ( Pies, Tarts, Cakes , Waffles , Pancakes ) , The Confectionery ( Gourmet Ice Cream , Jelly , Pudding , Creme Caramel , Fruit and Candy delights ) and theres The Chocolate Lab ( High-Grade Chocolate Tempering and crafting - Dark Chocolate / Milk Chocolate / Semi-Light / Cocoa Butter creation / Liquor Chocolate / Royce Chocolate / Chocolate Carving ).

I'm basically the 2nd Junior Head Assistant of the Pastry , Confectionery & Chocolate Lab . I do not keep charge of the Bakery Department but I Communicate and Co-ordinate with them. I keep inventory, I keep watch of the temperature in the Chocolate Lab ( Which has to be constantly air-conditioned ) , final product tasting and the Medium Channel communicator between our kitchen and the rest of the inter-hotel kitchen network system.

It's a lot to read, for asking a simple question, I know, but this is truly what its like in a huge kitchen organization under a 5-star luxury brand. Definitely not a walk in the park at all, but the experience humbles me to an extent, while I continue to learn and grow ^ - ^ Hope that gives you and the rest of the community some insight into my profession.

Sorry for the super long post xD

*Cheers*

Edited by JosiePooh

Well I'm definitely glad to climb over that fence and into the garden, finally, lol.

And yes! I totally agree with you there. I think it's because we lived the classic era and we relate to that. As technology progresses within gaming, content and quality gave way to quantity and things / aspects of gaming that we used to love, grew shallow. I'm gonna come clean here, because I have a really strong hate for Tidus, the main character in FF X. The thought of a ( "Japanese", " Blonde" ,  " Farmer-Boy " . Yes , let that sink in abit, folks ) coupled with the fact that he looked like he had a freak sun tan-accident, gave me a gut-feeling, till this very day, that SquareSoft wanted to paint a more emotional and feminine-friendly , strong hero archetype, but ended up, murdering the hero's masculinity six-feet under. Some male fans took offense to the concept of Tidus and I can't blame them ( Because he really does look a wee bit like a Tranny :S )

Cardcaptor Sakura was definately my first anime as a kid <3  

Rurouni Kenshin came after, and I instantly loved how real , bloody, politically sadistic and psychological it portrayed the warring era of Japan. It still has ( to me ) the richest blend of culture and reality portrayal in an animation to date.

How cruel. Tidus would have been in tears right now had he been a real person reading your post.

While I agree with you on Tidus looking a 'bit off' in comparison to other FF characters like Squall or Cloud, there is no doubt that he is one of the best FF characters thus far. You might have hated him but have you actually played through FFX fully? His development as a character as the story progressed was truly phenomenal. Everything about FFX was to be loved. In all my life I have never come across any males hating on Tidus. Heck, if anything, it's the sequel to FFX (known as FFX-2) that got male fans fuming. Yuna's clothing style and character were just beyond understanding. Ah... Just thinking about it still makes me mad.

Cardcaptor Sakura was a great anime but I do have to admit that it was a bit too 'girly' for me to handle. Had it not been for the character known as Syaoran, I doubt I'd have had the 'manpower' to actually finish the series completely. He was the most fascinating character for me and I loved observing how he kept gathering courage throughout the series until the moment he finally manifested all that and confessed his true feelings. 

Rurouni Kenshin was a great anime too. The best battle in the series for me was the one in which Kenshin fought against Shishio. 

How cruel. Tidus would have been in tears right now had he been a real person reading your post.

While I agree with you on Tidus looking a 'bit off' in comparison to other FF characters like Squall or Cloud, there is no doubt that he is one of the best FF characters thus far. You might have hated him but have you actually played through FFX fully? His development as a character as the story progressed was truly phenomenal. Everything about FFX was to be loved. In all my life I have never come across any males hating on Tidus. Heck, if anything, it's the sequel to FFX (known as FFX-2) that got male fans fuming. Yuna's clothing style and character were just beyond understanding. Ah... Just thinking about it still makes me mad.

Cardcaptor Sakura was a great anime but I do have to admit that it was a bit too 'girly' for me to handle. Had it not been for the character known as Syaoran, I doubt I'd have had the 'manpower' to actually finish the series completely. He was the most fascinating character for me and I loved observing how he kept gathering courage throughout the series until the moment he finally manifested all that and confessed his true feelings. 

Rurouni Kenshin was a great anime too. The best battle in the series for me was the one in which Kenshin fought against Shishio. 

Well I suppose its weird to really want to find a common ground here, because theres always that lingering "gender perspective" xD Even in gaming, guys or girls, we don't see the same angle. We won't see eye to eye. Somehow along the way, through certain influences and external stimulus, it ended up that way for me, in that image. BUT, that was my real opinion, so I'm not gonna sugarcoat that for you, you'll see it at it is, but you have your strong valid points, I can't argue with that, and no I didn't finish the game myself. But speaking of FFX- 2, I can really agree on everything you said lol x3. Plus from a female's point of view, it felt a little cheap that Yuna / Rikku / Paine was given the "Charlie's Angels" Stereotype trope.

P.s You probably wouldn't want to hear a girl's opinion on Lee Syaoran, I don't think I'd so much as want a 2nd arguement xD

Edited by JosiePooh

Well I suppose its weird to really want to find a common ground here, because theres always that lingering "gender perspective" xD Even in gaming, guys or girls, we don't see the same angle. We won't see eye to eye. Somehow along the way, through certain influences and external stimulus, it ended up that way for me, in that image. BUT, that was my real opinion, so I'm not gonna sugarcoat that for you, you'll see it at it is, but you have your strong valid points, I can't argue with that, and no I didn't finish the game myself. But speaking of FFX- 2, I can really agree on everything you said lol x3. Plus from a female's point of view, it felt a little cheap that Yuna / Rikku / Paine was given the "Charlie's Angels" Stereotype trope.

P.s You probably wouldn't want to hear a girl's opinion on Lee Syaoran, I don't think I'd so much as want a 2nd arguement xD

OMG Card Captor Sakura : 3

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your stay here at PokeMMO. If you want to talk to some players of PokeMMO, log into our TeamSpeak. If you need any assistance as to how to download it, please PM me via forums or in game (same name). (When I saw that title, I thought you were giving a shout out to Noad since she loves cats)

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your stay here at PokeMMO. If you want to talk to some players of PokeMMO, log into our TeamSpeak. If you need any assistance as to how to download it, please PM me via forums or in game (same name). (When I saw that title, I thought you were giving a shout out to Noad since she loves cats)

That place is empty. :(

Thank you Best ! I'm pretty sure i will xD I can't say I know who Noad is, but i definitely love cats x3

That place is empty. :(

Party's over here, girl ! :D

Thank you ! <3 It really feels great to know that there are still people out there that I can find something in common with :D

Inuyasha as well, for me is another childhood classic that I really still love till this very day, ( plus ) I swear Kagome looks like a Sailor Moon- Extra, with the standard Japanese high school outfit xD

I'm an avid fan of Marvel myself, but I still have enough love for certain DC comic heroes to say that they too, were part of my upbringing.

I'll definitely look you up! We so gotta try a little rp practice 8D

Ps. Gosh hun, where do I even start? Exposure to so many different cultures & people of all race, shape and religion. The fickle hotel politics behind closed curtains, the insurmountable amount of Cake, Buns, Pies, Tarts, Biscuits, Cookies, Waffles, Pancakes, Ice cream, confectionery desserts, pudding, jelly, creme caramel, and last but not least, Chocolate <3   The stock taking, the inventory keeping, the constant inter-kitchen telephone calls between the Pastry Kitchen, the Western Kitchen, Butchery, Chinese Kitchen, Bakery, Japanese Kitchen, European / Italian Kitchen, Grand Banquet Kitchen, trying to work together around the clock to cater to an influx of over 1,800 hotel guests and walk-in customers per day, spread out between Westin Hotel's,  six separate restaurants on six separate floors, from Bay Side to Poolside. From Ball Room to Grand Hall. It's a lot to take in, on an initial basis, but if you meet the right people to work with, in the right environment, its exhilarating. Dynamic. Creative. The joy & and pain of it all, will always grant you that rich experience, that customers and dinner guests will never see. It's a different world from what most see on TV. It's surreal at times, yet somehow grounded.

Our Pastry Kitchen has the highest natural population of female employees xD about 13 of us, and 4 males. The Pastry Kitchen is about the extensive size of two four-roomed apartments in measurement ( Just to give you a sizable picture ). It is divided into 4 departments. The Bakery ( Breads, Buns, Croissants , Loaves , Biscuits , Cookies ), The Pastry ( Pies, Tarts, Cakes , Waffles , Pancakes ) , The Confectionery ( Gourmet Ice Cream , Jelly , Pudding , Creme Caramel , Fruit and Candy delights ) and theres The Chocolate Lab ( High-Grade Chocolate Tempering and crafting - Dark Chocolate / Milk Chocolate / Semi-Light / Cocoa Butter creation / Liquor Chocolate / Royce Chocolate / Chocolate Carving ).

I'm basically the 2nd Junior Head Assistant of the Pastry , Confectionery & Chocolate Lab . I do not keep charge of the Bakery Department but I Communicate and Co-ordinate with them. I keep inventory, I keep watch of the temperature in the Chocolate Lab ( Which has to be constantly air-conditioned ) , final product tasting and the Medium Channel communicator between our kitchen and the rest of the inter-hotel kitchen network system.

It's a lot to read, for asking a simple question, I know, but this is truly what its like in a huge kitchen organization under a 5-star luxury brand. Definitely not a walk in the park at all, but the experience humbles me to an extent, while I continue to learn and grow ^ - ^ Hope that gives you and the rest of the community some insight into my profession.

Sorry for the super long post xD

*Cheers*

I thought the same thing about Kagome a bit myself. I think it's because she looks like Raye from Sailormoon with the way she is draw and her hair is. I sadly can't say the same about DC as I feel their entire universe get's compaired to Superman and Batman being the faces of that genre. I do however like some of the characters in that universe so I will tolerate some of the movies to see how well they are brought to life. I enjoy how twisted and comical the Joker is along with how cute he is with Harley Quinn. And I think Bane is a pretty neat villain that they expanded upon in the last Batman movie.

I would enjoy any chance to role play!~ That is something I look forward too! Feel free to send me a message either here or in game if you would like to meet up and spin some tales together.

Wow that was a lot to read but I definitely appreciate all of it! It gives me a great idea of what it's like to work in the field. It also sounds very busy I don't know if I could work at that kind of pace. I enjoy cooking and taking my time with it to enjoy it. I've never had the stress of being timed and worrying about other people. I can't imagine how much traffic you have in there as a 5 star place.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.