Battle Point Learned Moves Update

DoubleJ

Question

7 answers to this question

Update the "special" moves learned by using battle points so that they can be relearned via a move tutor (Island 2 or Fallarbor). 

Would make a tremendous difference for a lot of us. 

Since those tutors are close to worthless, lets make them worthy enough for people like yourself and Frags to run to them for moves.

(can you also suggest this for moves that request items as well? In real life, I don't have time to search for magnets, black belts, smoke balls, etc.)

I am perfectly fine with acquiring Battle Points for my moves since you do use them in a battle.

Not a bad idea, although I feel like the intention of the Move Relearner was to give access to moves that are completely unobtainable in certain situations(Leveled up a Pokemon too much, eggmoves being replaced etc.).  Given that BP moves are able to be relearned elsewhere, they might not fit what the intended purpose of the Move Relearner was. 
Still would be nice regardless. 

Not a bad idea, although I feel like the intention of the Move Relearner was to give access to moves that are completely unobtainable in certain situations(Leveled up a Pokemon too much, eggmoves being replaced etc.).  Given that BP moves are able to be relearned elsewhere, they might not fit what the intended purpose of the Move Relearner was. 
Still would be nice regardless. 

But you can just rebreed a pokemon to get egg moves or level up moves. Silly daftkitteh, everyone knows comp players have infinite amounts of time to get every move the hard way

But you can just rebreed a pokemon to get egg moves or level up moves. Silly daftkitteh, everyone knows comp players have infinite amounts of time to get every move the hard way

Yes, however because you're breeding Parent A with Parent B, you get Child A.  Child A is neither of the parents, so technically it's not the same Pokemon, making it impossible to obtain Egg Moves on Parent A/B(Excluding moves that are able to be learned via TM) after they've been removed, which is why they're added to the Move Relearner.

A quote from the Move Reminder's Bulbapedia page:

Reasons for this include none of that species being able to be obtained at an early enough level to actually learn the move (e.g. Zapdos and AncientPower in Generation IV), or the species having more than four starting moves (e.g. Kecleon).

This seems to imply that the intention of the NPC was in fact to make unobtainable moves obtainable again. 

I don't disagree with you, I'd like to see this suggestion implemented too, but since they are able to be learned from the BP tutor, I don't think adding their moves to the Move Relearner fits with the intended purpose of the NPC.  Lore is also important when making an MMO. 

I also don't disagree with your remark about taking a lot of time.  BP is much easier and more fun to get now than it used to be though.  I think a better solution would be a discount service added to the BP tutor, where you get a discount for buying a move a second time, but that's just like, my opinion man.  Perhaps even lowering the BP cost of outrageously expensive moves(Iirc Surf on Pikachu is 25k(?)).

Yes, however because you're breeding Parent A with Parent B, you get Child A.  Child A is neither of the parents, so technically it's not the same Pokemon, making it impossible to obtain Egg Moves on Parent A/B(Excluding moves that are able to be learned via TM) after they've been removed, which is why they're added to the Move Relearner.

A quote from the Move Reminder's Bulbapedia page:

This seems to imply that the intention of the NPC was in fact to make unobtainable moves obtainable again. 

I don't disagree with you, I'd like to see this suggestion implemented too, but since they are able to be learned from the BP tutor, I don't think adding their moves to the Move Relearner fits with the intended purpose of the NPC.  Lore is also important when making an MMO. 

I also don't disagree with your remark about taking a lot of time.  BP is much easier and more fun to get now than it used to be though.  I think a better solution would be a discount service added to the BP tutor, where you get a discount for buying a move a second time, but that's just like, my opinion man.  Perhaps even lowering the BP cost of outrageously expensive moves(Iirc Surf on Pikachu is 25k(?)).

Just make sure parent A or B has the egg move that you removed on the other parent. 

Egg moves being available through the move relearner is against lore so it better be removed.

I am also being sarcastic about all of this