Jeopardy time! (grind style)

Bestfriends

Question

I thought of this idea while I was doing homework, have a daily Jeopardy time! Usually, grinding is a mindless sport, but we can make grinds into a mindful activity! Here is my layout idea, but the devs can change this layout if they want.

5749f9b3866261e58969db4d7819d71f.png

Inside:

e0fd87fcfd335a9b67e4a09517c2cd1a.png

Here is the layout for this idea:

1. Have a sign in Celadon that says "The PokeJeopardyMMO room! Test your knowledge!" right next to the abandoned Hotel (or future Jeopardy room) so that way newbs can find this room.

2. Switch NPCs in Circle 1 and 2. I guess I am a little bit picky, the stairs lead to nowhere. So people won't get confused as to how to get to the stairs, eliminate them entirely.

3. Have about 200 or more questions to choose from. Here is the general layout so that way there is no answer memorizing:

a. Have what is called "revolving questions" or questions that constantly change like "who won the last official tournament?"

b. Here is my layout of what questions to expect: 60% PokeMMO related; 30% related to the Code of Conduct (great way to memorize the rules) these will not be revolving questions unless the higher ups edit a rule; 10% miscellaneous.

4. When prompted, the NPC's script could say (staff can change the script if necessary):

"Welcome to PokeJeopardyMMO! You can only answer 10 questions daily. If you get an answer correct, you will earn 1k! Are you ready to play PokeJeopardyMMO???"

The script should have a option text like a "Yes or No" feature. If yes, then that will prompt the event, but if not, the NPC can say, "I know that your nervous, so I can wait until you are prepared."

5. You can only do this event every 24 hours to prevent uncontrolled cash flow.

This is it. I would love to hear comments from both the community and staff. In an abstract sense, this is a good way to "memorize the Code of Conduct" so that way less people break the rules, but also providing a fun way to know what is going on with PokeMMO as well.

Edited by Bestfriends

15 answers to this question

This is actually a pretty good idea from my point of view, has potential. It can somewhat go like blackjack, doubles or nothing, while questions just go more and more tricky. There would have to be a limit you could reach though with that game so you wont keep doubling and doubling until you get 30m. I am on my phone and I gotta go to work soon but I will take a closer look on it once I will be back.

Really nice but it might still get abused by alts maybe?

why waste your time on just 10k per round (if you get all the questions correct)? I can grind approximately 30k on Island 5 while wasting my alts on something that only pays 10k (that is if all questions are answered correctly). Lets make the extreme case, you have only 3 alts, so you will get 30k if you get all questions correct. You could of received 30k at Island 5... So you wasted your time and the thing is if you even get the questions correct, some question can be like Forfie stated, difficult. I would hurt my brain for memorizing tough questions and its not a guarantee that I will earn 10k per day on each alt due to the revolving questions (for the exception of the C of C questions).

Edited by Bestfriends

I understand that people don't want to be questioned on the C of C half the time, so I made it 40% instead of 50%. I still believe the C of C should be incorporated in this game because too many people fail to read it. This is a fun way to answer questions and not have to be muted because you violated a rule you didn't know about.

I understand that people don't want to be questioned on the C of C half the time, so I made it 40% instead of 50%. I still believe the C of C should be incorporated in this game because too many people fail to read it. This is a fun way to answer questions and not have to be muted because you violated a rule you didn't know about.

it's also extremely immersion breaking.

"welcome to the world of pokemon, don't say nigger in chat or you'll be muted"

I don't think that is a good way to look at it. When they first log in they are presented with the terms of service as it is. Making it so they have to recall the code of conduct during an event that should be focused on the gameplay itself is not a good idea. If a player breaks a rule they are made known when they are punished or warned for it.

I don't think that is a good way to look at it. When they first log in they are presented with the terms of service as it is. Making it so they have to recall the code of conduct during an event that should be focused on the gameplay itself is not a good idea. If a player breaks a rule they are made known when they are punished or warned for it.

I have two psychological statements that I would like you to hear. When something is playing a tactical game like playing Pac Man for example, you tend to memorize almost all the ways you can dodge the ghosts and get to next level. We could do the same with the C of C, make it a Jeopardy game and the community memorizes the rules without the need for warnings or mutes. On another psychological topic, the Progressive commercial. They make the lady as crazy as they can for one reason and one reason only, so that way you can remember Progressive due to the quirky lady in the commercial. Apply that logic to PokeMMO and you can make the players remember a quirky game show with questions about C of C. People tend to remember, "oh that weird guy at the Jeopardy show, he keeps asking me 'what chat do you need to use if you are buying or selling pokemon', the answer is 'use trade chat.'" Its a fun alternative that won't have to resort to warnings and mutes and you actually get pokeyen for winning the question, what's to lose?

Edited by Bestfriends

Players not reading the rules is not our fault and we should not be forcing players to do so via a game. If this were to be added it should focus on gameplay and enhancing it rather than adding in rules the players should have already read. If they didn't read them they still agreed to be bound by them so there really is no reason to force a large percentage of questions to be focused on the rules.

Players not reading the rules is not our fault and we should not be forcing players to do so via a game. If this were to be added it should focus on gameplay and enhancing it rather than adding in rules the players should have already read. If they didn't read them they still agreed to be bound by them so there really is no reason to force a large percentage of questions to be focused on the rules.

You do have a point. I lowered down the percent of questions that relay on the C of C to 30% instead of 40%. I think the C of C should still be put in by some fashion. I understand that they agreed to be bound by them, but in my view, a review of the C of C wouldn't hurt. I am going out on a limb here, but probably close to half of the community skims through the C of C without reading it in context unless the person is applying for staff. And for all the newer players, this is an excellent way how to enforce the rules without telling them to go to Trade chat or telling them not to spam normal chat. Take my previous suggestion for example, (Alternatives to mutes and that will hurt even more) I was about to type your point exactly (in response to Daft's point in rule 13), but Noad is as fast as a ninja, so I wasn't able to. Over half of the world population is guilty of this, a lot of people don't read contracts and just blindly sign, so in a sense, Daft has a point. Its almost like a fun game that asks you what is legal and illegal. People memorize answers in a Jeopardy game usually, so asking one or two questions about the C of C wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Bestfriends

Frankly, if the Dev's were to add any type of mini-game to PokeMMO, it probably wouldn't be here nor would it be Jeopard. Jeopardy has little to do with PokeMMO and it's kind of a random game when there are other games that fit the bill much better. It's a nice idea, but unlikely to be Jeopardy in particular.

Frankly, if the Dev's were to add any type of mini-game to PokeMMO, it probably wouldn't be here nor would it be Jeopard. Jeopardy has little to do with PokeMMO and it's kind of a random game when there are other games that fit the bill much better. It's a nice idea, but unlikely to be Jeopardy in particular.

I have a idea for this circumstance, make the questions revolve around PokeMMO (like who won our last official tournament and there would be choices like: 1. Frags; 2. OldKeith; 3. DoubleJ; 4. Zehkar). The Jeopardy cite doesn't have to be at the building I mentioned, but I would like it somewhere with a potential. I understand where your coming from, but at the same time though, we mindlessly grind and I would like an alternative to this sport that every player new or old has to learn (if its not Jeopardy, that's fine, as long as there is an alternative activity).

Edited by Bestfriends

I have a idea for this circumstance, make the questions revolve around PokeMMO

That's not the point. The point is that Jeopardy is not related to Pokemon at all, even if it has Pokemon questions. A more realistic game to be implemented would be the minigames in island 2 game corner building or the berry crushing game.

That's not the point. The point is that Jeopardy is not related to Pokemon at all, even if it has Pokemon questions. A more realistic game to be implemented would be the minigames in island 2 game corner building or the berry crushing game.

That is actually not a bad thought. We need to implement these games and I can't understand why we don't have access to them atm. They had been there for 3 years and we still don't have access to them. (Although it would be nice to see Jeopardy, but I see your point though...)