[Denied] Replace Rival of Elite Four with Real Time Champion (players)

It's always bothered me that after you beat the Elite 4 you're supposed to be the champion of it, yet when you go back there you still have to beat the old champion again. It would be pretty awesome to replace Gary as the Elite 4 champion with whoever won the most recent tournament, and have it use the team they used with the pokemon all scaled to appropriate levels.

Alternatively the champion could be replaced by whoever was the last person to beat the elite 4 for their first time, so that while it wouldn't be as prestigious everyone could have their chance to be the champion for a while. Or it could be something more after beating the Elite 4 for the first time your character/team is put into a pool of champions to be randomly picked from for the next five days so that you wouldn't end up having someone overwrite your status as a champion immediately after gaining it. I'd imagine that would be much harder to implement since it would all need to be automated of course.

Maybe so that the Gary fight isn't just completely unavailable; after you beat the elite 4 you could find him back at his house with his sister where he talks about he had made it as the champion only to be knocked down from his spot soon after, and that he still wants one final battle with you.

that would be cool, BUT what if you just gave Gary all of the pokemon that the recent tourny winner used and to scale? That way one person doesn't have to sit there forever battling people?

I meant more like replacing gary's sprite with the player's, and all the dialogue that would normally be about gary is about the player.

I meant more like replacing gary's sprite with the player's, and all the dialogue that would normally be about gary is about the player.

Ohh cool! That would be cool! OR if it's too hard/time consuming for the Dev's, they could just change Gary's name (or not) and use the same pokemon the champ used in the most recent tourney?)

I like your idea, but I'm just saying in case it's too much for the Devs you know?

inb4 6 magikarps

Still, interesting idea.

That exact idea ran through my mind as I read this.

Also, the second idea for this to work would really be good, seeing how one could run through the Elite 4 with one Pokemon.

The tournament winner option seems like the best bet to implement this. Cool idea though, I like how it would break up the monotony of the Pokemon league and give it replay value. You could even have the elite 4 members be the runners up or, if you wanted to keep the typing them they have, have a community theme contest for the E4 teams.

Rethinking it; it would probably be better if the first time you challenged the Elite 4 Gary/Blue would be the champion like normal, since that's the way the game is supposed to work, and then if you want to re-challenge them it would be replaced by player teams, so that the first time you have the challenge that the game is supposed to offer, but it would be a bit harder if you want to keep doing it to grind pokebux and experience.

I'm going to assume the previous player's team gets level adjusted to your team's range. No sense in fighting level 100s if you're only at 50.

To compensate for the fact that the AI is worse than players the levels of the champion's team could be adjusted to be about +5 levels higher than your highest leveled pokemon, capped at 100 of course.