Economic and Farming Changes - Probably good

felix

Question

We all want to get a better economic and try to make this game less grind and less boring, this could not be an amazing idea, but i would like to know the thoughts that you have on the matter.

First things first

1. kill the vs seeker, it is a poor mechanic that doesn't improve any gameplay.

2. Make the npc blackout when defeated (not really required but it would be cool), after like 15 minutes they will respawn ready for another battle (YES, FIFTEEN FUCKING MINUTES NOT FIFTEEN FUCKING HOURS)

3. A NPC battle won't give you as "loot" just money anymore, it will be nerfed down (hopefully you guys will have an idea about how much it should be changed) and you will get an item, randomly based on the place.

For Example, the rich girls used to farm money will give you expensive itens as loot, Everstones, Big Pearls, Startdusts, Shards, you always will get one of those items randomly, but the amount of money they will give would be like $400

This will allow people to farm those itens and money at the same time (money at a slow rate tho), competitive player will have an opportunity to get the itens they want farming into an specific area.

4. Remove battle points entirely and replace the payout with money (probably a 1-1 relation, 1 battle point = $1), this way we would have a good and enjoyable place to farm money, replace the tutors for money as well.

This should be a more easy way to get money than alt runs, while the NPC would be money nerfed, that would help kill alt runs for money as well.

Lets just say that in 4 hours we can finish an alt run in Kanto (yeah, i know some people take less time and some other take longer, nobody really cares about how long you will take to finish this shit), the amount of money a person would have after an alt run should be the amount of payout money you would get from battle tower in less time, lets say 2 hours in battle tower would represent 4 alt run's hours

5. Redo money sinks, if for some reason people are storing too much money, you can always raise the value of breeding related items, tms and other things related.

This way you can keep the tutor item based with better ways to farm those items around

As an example:

Victory Road NPCs would have Thick Club as item, so you could thief Pokemon around to try to get thick club and battle NPCs for another shot to get the amount you want and as result you can get some money.

This way a competitive player would have money to keep breeding, the items they want for tutors as well a chance to catch some pokes along the way as uts or breeders.

Cons:

It may create some sort of bubble where too much items would be around, or too much money, so it has a good chance to require future sinks, like more items required for tutors and more expensive things.

Feel free to point out things that you don't think it will work or things that you think would be better, feel free to ask if I didn't make any point clear enough.

Edited by felix

4 answers to this question

1. Agreed that it is a bad mechanic, but for now it is a quick way to access money.

2. The idea with fading is cool, but it is unnecessary. Pretty sure it loads a lot more data. Just suggest a 15 minute cooldown instead, which again I see as unnecessary. I think what needs to be done is what Panda suggested a while back, and that is to set the payout of each trainer to an equal amount, so we can increase variation. Not by much sadly.

3. I prefer a steady money income than a random item. Those items vary in rarity, plus getting the wrong one means you need to spam trade to sell the shit you don't need. Plus, it would be incredibly non-canon to get items from trainer battles and no money.

4. This has a huge barrier of entry. Nowadays players can just get a level 100 adamant Alakazam with 0 special attack IV and sweep for an easy 50k/30 min. In trainer tower, not only you need a good team, but you need a lot of money to make it and luck to reach an acceptable payout level. Again, safe and steady is preferred. <add non-canon comment here>

5. "People storing too much money" is not a good reason to raise prices. I assume you meant that as a result of offering cash payouts to battle tower/frontier only, which I disagreed with anyway.

Overall, it is interesting to get all your items as loot. I think it can work, but I need to see a better money income suggestion that battle facilities.

1. Agreed that it is a bad mechanic, but for now it is a quick way to access money.

2. The idea with fading is cool, but it is unnecessary. Pretty sure it loads a lot more data. Just suggest a 15 minute cooldown instead, which again I see as unnecessary. I think what needs to be done is what Panda suggested a while back, and that is to set the payout of each trainer to an equal amount, so we can increase variation. Not by much sadly.

3. I prefer a steady money income than a random item. Those items vary in rarity, plus getting the wrong one means you need to spam trade to sell the shit you don't need. Plus, it would be incredibly non-canon to get items from trainer battles and no money.

4. This has a huge barrier of entry. Nowadays players can just get a level 100 adamant Alakazam with 0 special attack IV and sweep for an easy 50k/30 min. In trainer tower, not only you need a good team, but you need a lot of money to make it and luck to reach an acceptable payout level. Again, safe and steady is preferred. <add non-canon comment here>

5. "People storing too much money" is not a good reason to raise prices. I assume you meant that as a result of offering cash payouts to battle tower/frontier only, which I disagreed with anyway.

Overall, it is interesting to get all your items as loot. I think it can work, but I need to see a better money income suggestion that battle facilities.

Let me try to refine my idea for you.

You should be able to re-battle all the NPC trainers (not gym trainers tho) and with 15 minutes respawn you can cycle to lets say viridian to fuschia, getting money and items which you can sell to other player or use it yourself, by the time you get to all the fuschia trainers you can fly back to veridian and start all again.

specally the item 5 means what happened to our old breeding, people breeding higher profitable uts and sold'em for good amount of money, after a breeding session was pretty easy to get tons of money, they changed to reduce those "cloned" pokes around and made it expensive to reduce the amount of money found in power of the players.

Or if you have a good team and like battle frontier/tower you can go there and battle just for higher money profit.

as GoldenSunIsaac once said to me when i posted a thread with suggestions very similar to these, stop being lazy. End "constructive" criticism.

these are some very good ideas though, but they would bring a lot of changes to the way most people play the game. I agree that the item-tutors thing is weird and needs some changes, but this needs more than what you have here. i pretty much agree that what you have here except for #5 would make a better game, but come on. This is never going to happen, these devs are too cautious, especially when following someone else's suggestions. They absolutely will not make it as easy as you have suggested, though i wish they would. welcome to pokemmo.

Good try though

i really do like your ideas

Edited by PepperPoots

I really like the idea of getting "Loot" off of NPCs and then being able to resell that, but I don't think cash should be eliminated altogether. Loot should just be complemented with cash so that players can farm both money and items without going insane from boredom.

Players could still sell off trash items like Lava Cookies or Nuggets to NPCs but maybe they could add rare drops like Lucky Eggs, Everstones or Shards to make up for the fact that these items are a complete pain to hunt.

+1 overall, though it might need some refinement.