[Implemented] Additional time on the doubles battle timer

I really do feel you don't get enough time to think about your next move in doubles.

I'm trying to learn doubles and so it takes me a bit longer to figure out what I want to do next. Is it just me that struggles with not having enough time while playing doubles?

Edited by KaynineXL

U can Set Time for Duel

doesn't help with anything, that's the max time not the turn time.

and i agree with you, takes awhile to think of what you wanna do, especially since you gotta do it with two pokes. also, especially when time is lowering, you're more pressured to throw up any move that sounds right instead of actually thinking of what you'd need to do. winning a game from the timer sucks too

doesn't help with anything, that's the max time not the turn time.

and i agree with you, takes awhile to think of what you wanna do, especially since you gotta do it with two pokes. also, especially when time is lowering, you're more pressured to throw up any move that sounds right instead of actually thinking of what you'd need to do. winning a game from the timer sucks too

Remember when my timer went to 0:01 yesterday? So op.

I feel that having a chess timer isn't necessary for doubles. Having around 2 to 2.5 min for each turn should be fine instead of lowering the time per turn, as the match progresses.

Remember when my timer went to 0:01 yesterday? So op.

I feel that having a chess timer isn't necessary for doubles. Having around 2 to 2.5 min for each turn should be fine instead of lowering the time per turn, as the match progresses.

maybe make the timer longer would be option. getting rid of the chess timer as a whole would be for me a bit drastic

I completly agree with this suggestion.

In every tier, you need to try to predict your oponent move so you can decide what you will do. But at some moments of your duels, in simples, you clearly know what to do and you make your decision in a second.
In doubles however, you need to predict two moves/switches to decide two moves/switches. And it's actually really harder and we all need time to do this. Doubles is actually a brain and balls (and rng) tiers, more than all the others, and thinking can take more than 10 seconds sometimes.

And sometime, you have a litlle delay that do not let you the time for the reflexion you need...

To make it short, you have to do a simple, but stupid choice, between the timer and trying to do some preds and good plays...

And finally, we saw at least 2 "timer defeats" at the last doubles official in duels which were still opened (Frags and me). And we all agree it is not a good way to lose or win.

[spoiler]Yes salty tears of my lose haha[/spoiler]

Would gaining 15 seconds per turn or starting with 5 minutes instead of 3 be enough to stop the timer from being as big of an issue as it is?

I think the best choice would be to just gain seconds per turn, like your first suggestion. Question is, how much? I don't know. Do you get 10 seconds per turn currently?

• 4 months later...