[Denied]The Permitted Spectate option (an anti-couching and anti-scouting prospective)

I said this on the Private Matches Thread (https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/58582-private-matches/ = Comment 10)

"Here is another reason why I support this. Throughout comp battles in officals, it seems to me that experienced comp battlers complain about couching. Why not block the couch from spectating by putting another option called "YouTuber spectate only." PokeMMO can put out a qualification process to become a certified YouTuber of PokeMMO. Once you are a certified YTber or staff member, you have the right to spectate a match while the public cannot. This completely kills the couching factor and it puts in a more "fair fight." If a YouTuber breaks code and reveals a team while the official is still taking place, he/she can be revoked of their PokeMMO YouTube privileges for a month and if they continue, they will be revoked from YouTube entirely."

848ace386b9d9ca2e462e1796b26b547.pngdff89a4a46334ca36dc463d935bf8e60.png848ace386b9d9ca2e462e1796b26b547.png

I am going to expand on this idea of the YouTuber Spectator program and what topics I will be discussing:

1. Introduction

2. How to qualify for this program

3. How this will work

4. Hypothetical situations

5. What will happen if you violate policy

6. Conclusion sentences

(There is a reason why I said YouTuber and not a Twitch person and that is because YouTubers like myself can film, but not live. Twitch is all about doing it live.)

Introduction:

1. I was thinking about this while I was commenting to the private matches thread and all the complaints people get for being "couched" or "scouted" in an official or in Vermillion. Have a YouTube Certified person spectate a match thanks to a special option in the battle selection (I lined the place in purple where I would like this option in Figure 1.1). If I wanted to duel with Noad, I would like three options: A) Have the public see her crush me (since she was the first person to teach me how to comp). B) Have an option "Permitted Spectate which means only staff members (any staff member of any rank) and certified YouTubers spectate our match (Hassan, please don't film me losing....). C) Duel privately without having a certified YouTuber spectate, but only Global Moderators and higher can spectate our match (I can see some of Noad's co-workers laughing at me now...). I'll elaborate on Option B since the suggestion is about how this option can work.

Figure 1.1

(Noad is a nice person to talk to, so I figured that I should use her as an example)

14bf9024187bb191d5bb55ce618763c9.png

How to qualify for this program:

2. You are a YouTuber who wants to spectate official battles for the public's enjoyment and for the competitive tier list council to talk about, then this option is for you and you only. You will have to apply a forum to a higher staff member and this will be almost as if you are applying for staff, but not as difficult. Once approved, the Higher Staff will give you an online contract to sign once you log in (sign it by typing in your in game name) and toda, you are now a certified YouTuber.

How this will work:

3. Since you are now a certified YouTuber, you are expected to film the content and follow the Code of Conduct. If a fan of yours asks a question about a rule, you are expected to answer them. A certified YTber has a 1/3 of CM's responsibilities, they can still participate in officials (but they can't film them if they are participating and are expected not to spectate other matches). They don't have to film every official, but when they do, they need to be on their best behaviour. They have to be respectful to the playerbase like staff members are since a YouTuber can be the face of PokeMMO's performance as an online service. YouTubers in this program CANNOT film live, but must film and once the event is complete, they can release the footage (live footage is great for people who want to couch their friends or team-mate by this point, so live footage is prohibited). If the Higher Staff want to do this, they can appoint a person to be in charge of battle footage taken by YouTubers certified in the program.

Hypothetical situations:

4. Lets say me and Hassan want to film battles to entertain the public, we would have to apply for the position. Once the we apply, we talk about a possible co-op together and once we become certified, we would like to have the option to see what battle my co-op buddy is filming making better commentary. We can ask our boss or YouTube Relations head person to give us the ability to see what match me and my buddy are spectating for that particular official. 

What will happen if you violate policy:

5. This is the part I hate talking about, but there are a few bad eggs out there in the YouTube world that do anything for ratings like mentioning some dirty jokes just for a few more subs or use their power to tell their teammates what pokes an opponent is running. Violators would be punished accordingly like once and you will be kicked until you delete the video in question. Happens twice and you will be banned from the program in a month. If that is not enough, kick the bad apple from the YouTube program permanently.

Conclusion sentences:

6. I think this policy would be healthy for PokeMMO and at the same time, combat all the couches and scouters. They will have to see what sets people run by battling them directly unless the players are okay with the public seeing their match.

848ace386b9d9ca2e462e1796b26b547.pngdff89a4a46334ca36dc463d935bf8e60.png848ace386b9d9ca2e462e1796b26b547.png

Edited by Bestfriends

I kind of like the general idea of spectating being restricted in the area the tournament is being held to those who are not participating in the tournament.

I can't type too much on the topic because I do not participate in tournaments. However, I have thought about it many times and I figured if I did play the event would eventually take place where team 1 (which consists of only myself) would duel team 2 (which consists of my actual opponent, coach 1, coach 2, and scout 1 on teamspeak). Gunthug has written that scouting is an art to some and I can understand how people can have passion in that. However, my position on any topic is usually in support of anything that promotes fair play. Technically you could say someone has friends that coach him - that is their choice and is an option available to anyone and therefore fair, but I consider just 1 player vs 1 player without coaches or scouts the most pure form of fair dueling.

I guess I can't say I heavily support the topic though because I only feel the way I do because I am not in a team. I suppose if it is a tournament and both duelists are a member of a team, then they likely have coaching available to them on both sides. In that way, I can see how the environment is generally fair with all things considered. The game in general definitely lends advantage to group play in all aspects of competition though (borrowed pokemons, coaching, scout support, etc), but that's just the mechanics of the game so you can't complain too much about it. 

Edited by bl0nde