Curiosity On Christmas

Imperial

Lol, I know how early this is, but literally a few minutes ago Kyu and Squirtle were on the chat and someone asked about a Christmas Event with a response -

jv2cm1.png

I guess this Halloween Event took alot of effort, lel.

Sooo my question to you is - Should we have a Christmas event? Should it be similar to this?

Feeling meh so want to create a discussion, and...

... Happy Halloween! *-*

Oh, and what's gonna happen when it reaches 100% guise? 2i87xog.png

Edited by Imperial

Yeah they could use everything that they used here except for the items and stuff but that would mean ds would have to work as a slave to make all the different sprites for vanity, npcs and that stuff. I would LOVE to have this kind of event for christmas but it's less time compared to the time they had for halloween and well, they're humans guys xD

I guess this Halloween Event took alot of effort, lel.

Sooo my question to you is - Should we have a Christmas event? Should it be similar to this?

A lot of the effort is because it was the first. Creating the event engine, adding support for bosses, scripting the trick-or-treaters, theorycrafting the boss and how we wanted it to play, etc. Things like art assets / creating new gameplay will always take time, but would be less in the future as we have the framework and experience.

We're debating whether we want to do a christmas event because of how sparse this patch ended up being. Lots of stuff which could have been done was delayed to make this happen, and a Christmas event is guaranteed several weeks of work if we want it to play differently than Halloween (which, personally, I do. I'm not a fan of recycling the same event with different assets.) 

A lot of the effort is because it was the first. Creating the event engine, adding support for bosses, scripting the trick-or-treaters, theorycrafting the boss and how we wanted it to play, etc. Things like art assets / creating new gameplay will always take time, but would be less in the future as we have the framework and experience.

We're debating whether we want to do a christmas event because of how sparse this patch ended up being. Lots of stuff which could have been done was delayed to make this happen, and a Christmas event is guaranteed several weeks of work if we want it to play differently than Halloween (which, personally, I do. I'm not a fan of recycling the same event with different assets.) 

I think it'd be awesome and worth the sacrifice to be honest; this event was pretty great

Yeah, I could never imagine myself putting so much effort into something (partly cuz I'm lazy ya'know) but well done!

The one thing which I and alot of others can agree which stood out from this event was that we can prove that PokeMMO can have a nice Community, it's just everyone focuses on the minority of people rather than the majority which stood out. I say this because there were some "trolls" providing people with false locations for the vampires/ghosts/witches but they were immediately blocked and the Community carried on.

Still - Well done Admins, looking forward to future events!

And...

[spoiler]

A curious suggestion, what if we have to beat a few trainers with 6x Lv100's and we win an event Pokemon for a Christmas event? =O I would like a super-exclusive Pokemon  :rolleyes:

[/spoiler]