The Round Table, currently known as The beta Off-Topic

OrangeManiac

Before just hitting your favorite button in this forum board - the lock - and adding that Squirtle quote I ask you to at least read this out while doing so.

I seriously don't know why are you so determined to not have an Off-Topic sub forum in your forums but at the same time off topic discussion is completely fine. As you sure have noticed, quickly after Off-Topic was taken down the Round Table was filled with - like you guessed - off topic posts. Someone mentioned anime in PokeManiacs thread and suddenly it was multiple pages in a row of members from multiple teams commenting about their favorite animes. Now did I mind that? No. But it's just so ridiculous the way this has to be done just because you're so adamant about your policy which you have no idea what do you even base it on.

You can see all kinds of attempts to Off-Topicfy the Round Table. With most of these it has been with little or not much effort at all. But how awesome would it be if there suddenly emerged some teams that are disguised as real and mention they like a certain TV series or sport or whatever and use all that room to Off-Topic the whole Round Table. While this isn't against any rule as we are allowed to speak stuff other than MMO in our team threads.

I could go back to how awfully the whole Off Topic discussion thread was handled but at the end of the day, it's your forums. You can do whatever you want about them, everyone acknowledges that. Consider that I'm just giving you some helpful advice here. Or not, whatever. But let me just say this: If you are not satisfied with the way Off-Topic existed, just say that you enforce stricter rules to it. You don't allow low content posting, calling other people betaphaggets and people can choose to post or not to post to that sub-forum with your rules. Removing the whole sub-forum is just ridiculously absurd because a) There are people willing to follow your rules about your standard of Off-Topic and b ) you can clearly see that there's need for this Sub forum while people are using Round Table for the same purpose as much as they can. And like I said, bypassing your rules to Off-Topic the Round Table isn't hard. It's just unnecessary to make it that gimmicky and would take away the emphasis of the actual team. Oh yeah, I guess you could just hide every post that doesn't mention Pokemon in Round Table too. I'm sure that would work out perfect for you.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Not sure if bringing this to their attention was a smart move, you may have doomed us all

But back on topic: This is a forum where we mainly discuss about a pokemon game, no? i mean, what kind of discussions did you expect? what interests did you think your users would have had?

But in the end you even locked something as the "love thread" which was completely harmless so i dunno.

But back on topic: This is a forum where we mainly discuss about a pokemon game, no? i mean, what kind of discussions did you expect? what interests did you think your users would have had?

I wish I could still link those threads, you would be surprised. A lot of those threads were just amazing and at least 90% of the posting there was completely on topic of the subject and had some quality content always.

I wish I could still link those threads, you would be surprised. A lot of those threads were just amazing and at least 90% of the posting there was completely on topic of the subject and had some quality content always.

Music thread being the finest one ofc as long as heimann was on vacation

Idk why they care if people insult each other and rules in off topic lol but yeah agreed I find that more people logged in or I spoke to more people when off topic existed now I only bump my trade thread or check my teams post in round table and tbh they're only losing views on they're website less views aka less traffic = website worth less(I make websites in real life) and most people want traffic lol. And less people log in your game and in forums due to off topic gone

Not sure if bringing this to their attention was a smart move, you may have doomed us all

But in the end you even locked something as the "love thread" which was completely harmless so i dunno.

There was music and image thread also fav game thread , esports threads of hearthstone lol dota heroes of the storm if it wasnt for that idk if i woulda ever gamed with riga and doctor pbc and lots of TV series discussion like got and wd and pokemon games when they came out or some funny ass ones like poems or thinknice found love hue lmao Edited by SneaKyKhaLidA

It feels like they made the change and they realized it was a bad idea but are too stubborn to change it back. Just my 2 cents.

Mmm, it's not that imo, since off topic got closed they started being even less tollerant.

Seeing how rarely they openly talk to us or how they encourage mindless and frustrating grinding in general (or even how they dislike "useless" posts) i think they have a strong dislike for social interactions of any form. I'm not kidding, this is the impression they actually give me at times.

Why can't a thread be made for the sole purpose of entertaining instead of having to be related to the game or something constructive?

Or maybe they just want to keep it as a support forum because they don't feel like handling an actual community, but it would be nice if they talked about that openly.

At that point i'd probably leave the forums, except some posts in competition alley every now and then.

The Round Table does not serve as Off Topic v2.0.

Threads that emerge disguised as Team but are actual Off Topic topics, are being closed. Albeit not instantly because we can't moderate the forum 24/7.

I recognize some threads in the old Off Topic section were harmless and fun, but the overall conclusion made by the higher staff that closing it for the time being was prefered.

Currently The Round Table is moderated quite loosely, which is a good thing. If players who are part of the same team want to discuss something, they can (as long as it's appropriate content). For more information on what is allowed on the Round Table, I'm going to have to refer to the moderators BlueJim, Musica and Riphenk.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum-25/announcement-17-rules-for-the-round-table-read-before-posting/