Make the Friend List have a search bar

(No pun intended), but with a name like this, you have a lot of friends. Why can't you have a search bar for all those friends.

Search box here:

62ab6a32f961202b0576b456122f4558.png

For an example:

Man, I feel like taking on one of the executives of LYLE, is he online?

b5c972d721a1e6a99d845e254e554ca2.png

DoubleJ, here I come!

I want to talk to OldKeith.... I want to know if he is online?

2d5ec66052a980f7db3c6eb7c40f4c59.png

Darn it.... I had some optimism looking on my friend list....

I could name more situations where we would like to not have to scroll down our list of friends. If you have 10 or more friends, you can access the search bar which will encourage newbs to get out and socialize, instead of ignoring people who try to help them. Not just newbs, but now, people have a reason to get out into the social bubble, "I can now use my box to type up the name of the person who I want to chat to on my friend list."

Hello. I love your idea.

I'd add my idea to yours:

Why not a search bar to search the in game players? ^^

We have already this system on the forum, so, why not in the game? :)

Edit: "online players" ---> "in game players".

Good idea, but let me challenge that a bit. What happens if you are someone as important as Squirtle and you don't want to receive all these PMs? Yes, you can be on DND, but at the same time though, Squirtle is an important name throughout PokeMMO (he controls the game) and I don't want people to get Squirtle when he is not on DND (that would be like us having access to the CEO of Walmart, do you really need to call C.Douglas Mcmillion just to talk to him about certain products?). How about this idea, have the online list omit all staff members (since people seem to enjoy PMing staff). The only way you could find out if a staff member is online or not is if you have him/her on your friend list or team.

In summary: Your average everyday player can be typed into this data base searching for whose online for the exception of staff. That is why we have the Support Request, so that way we can contact staff members if there are issues with the gameplay or with some psycho troll on a rampage in channel chat.

Good idea, but let me challenge that a bit. What happens if you are someone as important as Squirtle and you don't want to receive all these PMs? Yes, you can be on DND, but at the same time though, Squirtle is an important name throughout PokeMMO (he controls the game) and I don't want people to get Squirtle when he is not on DND (that would be like us having access to the CEO of Walmart, do you really need to call C.Douglas Mcmillion just to talk to him about certain products?). How about this idea, have the online list omit all staff members (since people seem to enjoy PMing staff). The only way you could find out if a staff member is online or not is if you have him/her on your friend list or team.

In summary: Your average everyday player can be typed into this data base searching for whose online for the exception of staff. That is why we have the Support Request, so that way we can contact staff members if there are issues with the gameplay or with some psycho troll on a rampage in channel chat.

also make us able to not appear on the list, cuz stalkers

First of all, I do not have any friends. Seeing this search bar in the bottom of my friend list would only remind me that I got no friends and nothing else.

PokeMMO was meant to be a "social" game where people could talk to each other and compete, not be isolated. I am sure there are plenty of nice people on PokeMMO who are willing to be your friend. 

I had contemplated for a while now, and I decided that I am going to stick with the original idea of adding the search bar. (another wards, I am going to omit my backing of Tenzeko's plan on adding a special bar for people to search your name who are not friends [nice thought, but Kyokatsu brought up a topic I forgot about.... stalking....]).

PokeMMO believe it or not, teaches us to be more open and outgoing. For example, I am a shy guy irl, ever since I played PokeMMO, my confidence has boosted and I was able to speak to people and not get stage fright. I am not scared to answer a question in class, I can talk with people if I want to strike up a conversation, and much more.  I still don't intend to invite friends to my house or anything special, but if I want to make a friend, I can do it on PokeMMO. Yes, there has been one or two rotten apples out there, but at the same time, there are a lot more fresh apples in PokeMMO than in real life.

Since Noad is in my view outgoing and a good friend of mine, I'll use her as another example. I remember back when she was shy and she didn't really voice her thoughts out, now I see a more brave Noad, a Noad who shines like the stars in the sky.

My point is that PokeMMO is fun, but also a teaching tool in a sense. I think having the search bar can help enhance this trait that makes us unique. Chtap, I hope you can find friends in this wonderful community. :)

Edited by Bestfriends

I like the search option better because you can type who you want to talk to.

Like if I wanted to talk to Jerry, I could just type in "Jer" and Jerry would automatically come up.

7f7f5a66453bfb95f38c4cfe91227009.png

Due to my name, I get friends in this game, so searching for that guy or lady I want to talk is hard.

85669c6449e934ae8409a9f77a6aeccd.png

Look at this friend list, I don't think alphabetic order would really suit my list. I talk on average to a lot of people in a day in the game. I would like to have an easier time tracking down people I want to talk to on that particular day.

• 8 months later...