[Money Guide] Community Pickup Guide

That's what I thought. Since I just updated it I guess you didn't look at my Route 7 list. The new item I found there is the Liechi Berry.

Also are you planning to give approximated % values (or tiers like common - very rare) for the items found?

That's what I thought. Since I just updated it I guess you didn't look at my Route 7 list. The new item I found there is the Liechi Berry.

Also are you planning to give approximated % values (or tiers like common - very rare) for the items found?

I would like to do that in the future, but right now I think I'm going to just work on finding all items in each location because it's quite a big amount of work as it is.

I believe there are different items using surf in areas rather than fishing/searching grass*, but right now I'l just stick with what we got until we built up a nice list of items in each spot.

*I received Poison Barb in Petal town surfing, but couldn't find anything fishing. I did do quite a lot of searching, probably not enough to confirm it.

Edited by KaynineXL

You can also fine poke balls at Bond Bridge - Grass

Are you sure?

I noticed a pattern in my guide. Usually each location can have up to 2 potions, 2 repels, 2 balls.

If this is true, that would make this the first location to have 3 balls, looking for some confirmation on this one.

Are you sure?

I noticed a pattern in my guide. Usually each location can have up to 2 potions, 2 repels, 2 balls.

If this is true, that would make this the first location to have 3 balls, looking for some confirmation on this one.

Nvm it was at the Power Plant i went to hunt to bond bridge after doing power plant so sry got confused

Edited by GarchompShiny

Viridian pond:

32 encounters surfing: Nothing

Poison barb seems wrong, most items are based on type of pokemons that appear. Poison = 0 there (slowpoke)

32 encounters fishing: 2 great ball, 2 super repels.

32 encounters aren't much really. As I said before I got exactly 1 poison barb while catching 20 1*30+ slowpokes.

Some loot I have acquired from Pickup, I haven't kept track of the encounters (I roughly estimate it to be 2000 encounters)

This is just to give you guys an idea of the quantity.

(all the locations of this loot have been found)

9 Black Belts

2 Black Glasses

12 Charcoal

3 Escape Rope

17 Fire Stones

3 Hard Rocks

26 Hyper Potions

2 Kings Rocks

12 Leftovers

1 Magnet

19 Max Repels

21 Miracle Seeds

6 Nevermelt Ice

1 Potion

2 Revive

5 Sharp Beak

2 Silk Scarf

7 Sun Stones

17 Super Potions

14 Super Repels

3 Water Stones

7 Leaf Stones

30+ Ultra Balls

20+ Great Balls (No exact count on these because I've used some while playing)

+- 77 Berries (No exact count on these either, because I've given some Salac, Liechi and Petaya berries I picked up away to someone)

+ 600.000 yen from paydaying while using pickup

-----

General opinions on Pickup etc.

Meowth

-Meowth is amazing, you saw how much yen I made using pickup, over 600k is NO joke.

-Meowth struggles with pokemon over level 50. He won't be able to replace persian for Island Trainer runs.

-Islands 5-7 prove difficult, as it can't one-shot the fearows with payday reliably.

-31 attack IV, +att nature, 252 att EVs, 252 hp evs. Rest doesn't matter

-Water Pulse / Dig to kill Rock types

Locations

Mt. Ember and Berry Forest seem to be the best spots all around.

Mt. Ember

-Mt. Ember giving you some alright move tutor items, great utility items (who doesn't like a bunch of Max Repels and Ultra balls), and good vendor trash (firestones are really common and a quick 2.5k yen)

-The warm water healing spring isn't that far away, so makes for reliable healing.

-You can encounter fucking charmander, magmar and ponytas there, which means you're essentially: Shiny hunting + Paydaying + Picking up.

Probably one of the most productive things in the game atm

(Unrelated, I go to Mt. Ember during the ingame day and Berry Forest during the ingame night)

Berry Forest

-Leftovers, fucking leftovers, wild snorlaxes may hold 'em, you find em pretty often. What's not to like.

-You'll find a lot of useless berries, you might find it an annoyance, I find it motivating.

-Wild Bulbasaurs and Snorlaxes, I wouldn't mind finding one of those shiny.

-Loot is lackluster to Mt. Ember, but Great balls and Super repels are still awesome.

Misc

-Carry a catching Smeargle with you, incase of shiny, or incase you're hunting a specific item from wild pokemon.

-One leppa berry costs you 1k yen, 10 payday pp delivers you 3200 yen on average (where I hunt). So it may be wise to use leppas to recover your PP and not going back to a healing spot.

-Keep in mind, every ultra ball, Max Repel, Salac Berry, etc you find, saves you like 1k yen. That shit adds up quickly.

-When the new update drops, I imagine you'll be able to sell of junk like Sun Stones, Kings Rocks, etc instantly, so hold on to those.

-Pickup still needs to be buffed, and I imagine it's going to be sooner or later.

-Every pokemon you kill gives EXP. There is 3 daycare slots in kanto. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EM. Put some more meowths in them or something.

[spoiler]To give you an example 3ad75ccb46f24ffee57eb2651c443d84.png[/spoiler]

Conclusion, sort of:

Pickup is really only worth it if you're shiny hunting. Alt running / Island runs bring in so, so much more money. (And are much more reliable)

A buff is needed

Edited by TheGloriousWalrus