[Money Guide] Community Pickup Guide

How odd, some people have confirmed loot from Cape Brink. Either you're very unlucky or surfing/grass have different loot.. How odd.

Looking for some confirmation on this.

That loot is probably from grass. I'm not sure about this but i think SOME loot is only generated because of the pokemon you're fighting.
Most of the time i get Black Belt in Mt.Ember it's from fainting machop (most of the times) or Sharp Beak from Fearow, etc
I think there's a connection in some items while others are only area based.

That loot is probably from grass. I'm not sure about this but i think SOME loot is only generated because of the pokemon you're fighting.
Most of the time i get Black Belt in Mt.Ember it's from fainting machop (most of the times) or Sharp Beak from Fearow, etc
I think there's a connection in some items while others are only area based.

Interesting... We just need a lot of people to keep using pickup and see what we can figure out. Right now I'm testing route 19, surfing... Doesn't seem to be any loot.

I'm pretty sure you can get loot surfing though.

Whats the deal with trick? It doesn't actually switch the items between you

and the wild pokemon... it just tells you that the pokemon IS holding something.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, if it's not been implemented?

Once you know the Pokemon is holding an item, you simply catch it. This is good because you receive the item and Pickup also works when you capture the Pokemon as well as faint the Pokemon.