Making Ubers a thing...

Regarding Ubers  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Make Ubers official

I don't think it can be a real tier.

First we don't have enough Pokémon for it.

Also there's ridiculous Pokémon such as Wobbuffet and Tyranitar, Ubers is basically AG with clauses on it.

If Ubers was never an official tier on smogon before Gen VI, I can't see it happening here because most generations had way more Ubers than us.

We could have more Tournaments for sure, but I don't think an Unbalanced "Tier" can become Official, I could be wrong tho.

I don't think it can be a real tier.

First we don't have enough Pokémon for it.

Also there's ridiculous Pokémon such as Wobbuffet and Tyranitar, Ubers is basically AG with clauses on it.

If Ubers was never an official tier on smogon before Gen VI, I can't see it happening here because most generations had way more Ubers than us.

We could have more Tournaments for sure, but I don't think an Unbalanced "Tier" can become Official, I could be wrong tho.

you know that Ubers isn't limited to only ubers?

you know that Ubers isn't limited to only ubers?

Not probably what he is even meaning with that. Forcing a metagame which has extra 8 Pokemon might seem a bit off.

Basically how I feel about this whole matter. Host tournaments about it, sure, but don't consider it an official format to be included in something like in Team Tournament or so on.

I think the main argument against making Ubers an official tier, like Zebra hinted at, is that it's just super imbalanced/not fun to play and it's close to impossible for people to make sets that work in that environment. If for some reason we banned Dragonite/Salamence from Ubers then it might be fun/interesting, but as it is there's no reason a player shouldn't run some close variant of Tyranitar/Salamence/Jolteon/Gengar/Snorlax/Skarmory. The tier would just be dead and gimmicky from the get go, and it's unlikely that staff want to support OU/UU/NU/Doubles and Ubers. 

I have another idea, something like ou2 where the real shitty things like wobuffet and full baton pass are the only ones banned. Something like ubers with no wobu + baton clause 2 baton users per team. That should be a tier old ou players would really love.

but.. that just negates the whole idea of "Ubers" - which is supposed to be the tier with no bans

With your idea we just end the awkward scenario that Smogon found themselves in with Mega-Rayquaza earlier this year

tbh there should be more Uber tournaments. Despite the lack of balance and over-centralization, this tier is extremely fun to play and it also pays homage to traditional ADV OU, which is what our PokeDex best represents. 

meh, I'd honestly say that our current metagame is more like DPP than ADV, just because of the split. I don't really have anything against Ubers but this is like the 4th time this thread has happened and Ubers still isn't common because the other metagames are just better... except OU, kind of a perpetually meh game

... edit: mehtagame

Edited by Robofiend