Autoscale in the battle frontier

Vaeldras

Question

I'd like to have an actual response before this thread gets locked, if i'm not asking for too much.

First of all: congratulations! this is the kind of end game content we were waiting for.

I had some legit fun doing co op doubles, and the bp payouts are definitely well balanced this time.

The only problem is being limited to use lvl 50 or 100 pokes, when i bet the majority of us has a big amount of in betweens.

Being the owner of a lvl 51 salamence (and many more examples ofc, although not quite as comical) i can't even begin to explain how frustrating it can be having to train a poke up to lvl 100 just to have it available for the battle frontier.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an autoscale system so that more people can enjoy this very well made content?  :)

[spoiler] :) [/spoiler]

4 answers to this question

This idea would also be ideal for "casual" players. If you think about it, by the time storyliners get to the Battle Frontier their team are all at levels 60+. If there was a scaling system in place it would allow them to be able to take part instantly. I feel like some players would be put off to realise they would either have to grind their team up to level 100 or go out an make new ones to take part initially. I also have a feeling that these players would also be encouraged to stick around and breed "comp" teams because they would want to get better at the Battle Frontier after a while. 

Even a casual player could make a team of 2/3 depending on format and level it to 100 in practically no time.  I still do not see this as an issue.

I am personally leveling up some pokes to 100, and i can guarantee you it takes days.

Having said this: what if you want to lend 2 pokes to a friend and do doubles together?  what if you re ev one of your pokes and it levels up? 

And more importantly, how are 2-3 pokes enough? you gotta test different sets if you want to make it to the leaderboard.

I wanted to play with a friend of mine who only does uu and maybe even with my cousin who doesn't even comps, but unfortunately i couldn't.

Also salamence, arguably the most relevant pokemon, is currently in the uber tier so  if i wanted to use that in doubles i'd have to get a new one just for that sole purpose, because co op doubles are usually done with lvl 50 pokes

It would really make it a lot more enjoyable, i heard several people complaining about this.