[GUI] Bilgewater Theme

TheForumNewb

NOTE: This theme is outdated. No time (and too lazy) to remake it.

Introducing...

logo-bilgewater-small.png

The Bilgewater Theme!

I've been working on this for awhile now. A League of Legends based theme was always something I've wanted to make, especially since the Burning Tides event was one of my favorite events since I started playing LoL. Technically it's finished, except for a few unedited icons, font, and move type images...but I'll get to those when I have time. For the meantime, Arrrr! >:V

brochure-section-divider.png

Login:

[spoiler]hM6Saui.png[/spoiler]

Battle/Spectate:

[spoiler]

Gaf2bSL.png

kglU749.png

[/spoiler]

Trainer Card:

[spoiler]

EmMTYhl.png

[/spoiler]

Chat/Bag

[spoiler]

HhClf4p.pngutyfXu3.png

[/spoiler]

Pokemon Info:

[spoiler]

YJLcu8M.png

[/spoiler]

Breeding Box

[spoiler]

L4I5dD8.png

[/spoiler]

PC:

[spoiler]

nk58aU5.png

[/spoiler]

brochure-section-divider.png

Download Links:

.rar file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y2d9w882xp0auhs/bilgewater.rar

.zip file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kxdlr82aprr9o4r/bilgewater.zip

Instructions:

1. Extract the contents of the .rar/.zip file to (wherever your PokeMMO folder is located)\PokeMMO\data\themes

2. Open PokeMMO

3. Go to Settings on the lower right

4. Click the dropdown menu to the right of 'themes' and set it to 'bilgewater'

5. Restart/relaunch the client and play 

Updates:

[spoiler]

10/04/2015 - fixed the blinking cursor/highlight

- modified the monster types

- replaced the golden coin icons with shiny stars; replaced the white circle with a cross

- fixed the hover image for battle buttons

- replaced the background image behind the pokemon sprites with a less 'flashy' one

10/08/2015 - Added a white background to the health bars to add more clarity as to how much has the health gone down compared to its full                      health

- Made the type icons a bit lighter, enough to be readable. (It's still dark though..)

[/spoiler]

Edited by TheForumNewb

WOW.. that's reaaaly good.

edit: I noticed something I dislike. When in battle, you don't get the highlighted box when you hover over them which causes confusion when using the keyboard to click the battle box buttons.

edit2: also when you click the chatbox to type something, you don't get that line blinking to show you can type in the chatbox.

Edited by KaynineXL

I don't say this often, but one of the best themes I've seen!

Some things I would ideally like changed, though;

• Kaynine is correct, you don't see the blinking line when typing in the chat.
  • Highlighting text is near-impossible because there is literally zero difference.
  • A yellow star showing when a Pokemon is Shiny, much more pretty looking and easy to see. (PLEASE)
  • Maybe a border could be added below the Local/Global/Trade etc. option to make it more neater. A border around the chat box itself maybe too, like a thicker border.
  • (Optional) On the top right hand corner when viewing Pokemon / PC Box, maybe there can be a small cross instead of the small circle which is currently there?

They're probably my suggestions, however the PROS definitely outweigh the CONS.

Excited for possible changes / update!

Edited by Imperial

when typing you dont know where the blinking "|" is. only thing that annoys me

Same, already fixed, just not uploaded, I think I can upload it at most tomorrow

WOW.. that's reaaaly good.

edit: I noticed something I dislike. When in battle, you don't get the highlighted box when you hover over them which causes confusion when using the keyboard to click the battle box buttons.

edit2: also when you click the chatbox to type something, you don't get that line blinking to show you can type in the chatbox.

It's already fixed, just not uploaded, I think I can upload it at most tomorrow

I don't say this often, but one of the best themes I've seen!

Some things I would ideally like changed, though;

• Kaynine is correct, you don't see the blinking line when typing in the chat.
  • Highlighting text is near-impossible because there is literally zero difference.
  • A yellow star showing when a Pokemon is Shiny, much more pretty looking and easy to see. (PLEASE)
  • Maybe a border could be added below the Local/Global/Trade etc. option to make it more neater. A border around the chat box itself maybe too, like a thicker border.
  • (Optional) On the top right hand corner when viewing Pokemon / PC Box, maybe there can be a small cross instead of the small circle which is currently there?

They're probably my suggestions, however the PROS definitely outweigh the CONS.

Excited for possible changes / update!

I fixed the blinking problem, shiny star (yes, even I hated the golden coin lmao xD), and close circle, update is atmost tomorrow (after exams D:).

I've been trying to look for a way to fix the highlighted text ever since the beginning but I have no clue how (I don't know much about theme-making, just made it using TWL and photoshop and...ripping LoL website assets...lol.). If any dev or someone with knowledge about this could help me, that would be great :)

Edit: Nvm, I fixed the highlight as well

The chatbox border might be a bit delayed since I'm still confused about some parts of the user-interface. Thanks for the constructive criticism though :D

love it, the pokemon info maybe should dont have that image behind where pokemon show up but its a great work anyway

Already fixed it. Been bothered about how the image behing the pokemon stood out as much, maybe even more than the pokemon itself.

Edited by TheForumNewb

As a fan of League, I really like your Bilgewater theme. 

Keep it up.

Pereiraa.

This is outstanding now. I love it.

1 more thing I'v noticed. While battling the hp bars are a little hard to see, like.. It's hard to see how much health you've taken off them. 

See if you noticed ;)

You mean the borders? I'll see what I can do :) You have a good point there, as it might help in clarity and strategizing while battling, especially for tourneys also as for the chatbox, I could thicken its borders more, but there's no way for me to add borders between the chat tabs and the chat itself. Even the default has no borders

Edit: Added a white bar bg to the hp bars :D it seems that there is a limit as to how many pixels I can add to the chatbox frame and well, I reahed it rip. I might upload the next update when I have fixed the pokemon type images, the ones now are temporary and are too dark to read 

Edited by TheForumNewb

Update looks much better now!

This is me being fussy, but is it still possible to modify the chat box, with different borders, etc? This is kind of what my ideal chat box would look like (from my previous theme)

15n1zwk.png

m9lzqu.png

Obviously these colors are too dark, but not sure what would go well with this theme. The red border is what takes my fancy though <3 Obviously peoples opinions will differ lol.

Either way , I will definitely be downloading the next update! :D

Edited by Imperial

Update looks much better now!

This is me being fussy, but is it still possible to modify the chat box, with different borders, etc? This is kind of what my ideal chat box would look like (from my previous theme)

15n1zwk.png

m9lzqu.png

Obviously these colors are too dark, but not sure what would go well with this theme. The red border is what takes my fancy though <3 Obviously peoples opinions will differ lol.

Either way , I will definitely be downloading the next update! :D

I'm gonna explain this in a more clear manner:

The whole chatbox background is made up of 9 (well actually 12, but 3 of them are redundant) parts

9mvOLbp.png

coming from this part of the user-interface image with its own corresponding parts :
qleagWg.png

The whole middle part of the chatbox background is made up of the middle part of the small box above, and while I am interested in experimenting about trying to add new image files into the theme, the fact that I have no idea how these codes work limits me from doing so (I'm too lazy to learn how exactly these codes work...also I don't have time lol)

Edit: Apparently someone had found out how to add that border to the chatbox, but since I'm lazy to find out how :3 meh.

Edited by TheForumNewb

Update  :ph34r::

Added a white background to the health bars to add more clarity as to how much has the health gone down compared to its full health

Made the type icons a bit lighter, enough to be read. (It's still dark tho...I liek dark  :P )

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.