Thinking about playing (but some questions)

Hi all, 

I aways was a big fan from pokemon rom games. And I'm still playing them on my phone. I'm thinking about playing this MMO but I have some questions regarding the state of this game:

• Are the encounter rates match to the recent generation or are they updated to GEN IV (example in HG & SS Poliwag has a 5% enounter rate on Pallet Town, Viridian City, Route 22 with just an Old Rod) I find these small things really important because it makes the different between having a water pokemon available besides Magikarp before the 5th Gym like it is on the classic Fire Red on the 3th generation.
  • Are their custom encounter rate implemented?
  • What system are they using for the phsyical/special split? Are they still bound to type or did they split them like in higher generations.
  • What EXP system are they using
  • How about EV points
  • How about evolution stones are they just available in the shop or did they do something else with it?
  • How about pokemon that require trading & or hold items to evolve?

Well that are my question for now ;)

If you decide to try the game out, I hope you enjoy it~ To answer your questions;

The encounter rates aren't quite the same as the handhelds~ For the most part they're a blend of Fire Red and Leaf Green in Kanto and OR/AS in Hoenn, but there are some custom spawns too such as Charmander at Mt. Ember. Every Pokemon is available in the wild somewhere, you can find a list here.

The physical/special split from gens 4+ is implemented. Moves such as Thunderpunch are physical and Thunderbolt special.

The standard gen 3 exp system is implemented. The exp you earn doesn't scale with level like it does in gen 5.

EVs are implemented as they were in gen 3, but Vitamins are cheaper than in the handhelds if you would rather not EV train manually. EV removing berries are readily available from Saffron mart if you make a mistake~

All evolution stones are renewable. Fire/Leaf/Water/Thunder stones can simply be purchased from Celadon department store and the rest can be found in the story and on certain wild Pokemon. You can see held items in the guide linked previously.

Pokemon that require trade to evolve still do, but trading is quick and easy here~ If you don't want to trust a stranger, it's best to ask a friend or a staff member to help with the trade. We're always happy to help~

Thx for the reply, this answers most of my questions. I will surely try the game out. 

But here's one more: Are their plans to implement the HS/SS encounters. Mostly the Old Rod encounters are pretty intressting for ballance wise. Kanto is like the only region where you can't find a real water pokemon before the 5th gym. I checked all encounter and all Old Rod pokemon are limited to magikarp. While in the Hoen Region the 2 pokemon system for Old Rod is already implemented.

Thx for the reply, this answers most of my questions. I will surely try the game out. 

But here's one more: Are their plans to implement the HS/SS encounters. Mostly the Old Rod encounters are pretty intressting for ballance wise. Kanto is like the only region where you can't find a real water pokemon before the 5th gym. I checked all encounter and all Old Rod pokemon are limited to magikarp. While in the Hoen Region the 2 pokemon system for Old Rod is already implemented.

I hope you enjoy it~

It's possible that these will be implemented in the future, but I'm not part of the development team, so cannot confirm or deny. You can obtain plenty of good water types early on if you start your journey in the Hoenn region though~ I have some spare Horseas lying around too if you'd like one, feel free to whisper me in-game if you're interested.

you get the old rod before the 2nd Gym so you can get magikarp lol. and there is also tardchat sooo..

but welcome hope to see you online!

Edit. i meant 3rd Gym lol

Edited by Tritios

Alright I test out the game. I was a fun experience. I was just like playing the classic Fire Red. However I also experienced the true Fire Red style. Again missing some of the ballance changes that where made in higher generations.

I started my trip throught the Hoen region. I took Mudkip & was ready to play some pokemon. But I just didn't like the grafics. I'm not sure they just felt to pix'i. So I decide to make another trainer for the Kanto region. I took Squirtle because I was already informed I wouldn't be able to get a real water pokemon before the 5th gym just like the classic Fire Red. The first thing I noticed was that some of the encounters on route 1 where changed. You can now catch caterpie in the night. That's fun, I also noticed the sleeping Pidgey. Nicely done,

After catching my first pokemon Rattata I started to notice a downsite. Attack still deals like in the classic Fire Red 35 damage rather than 50. I assume their are a lot different moves that still have the the 3th generation values. That worries me a little bit for competive since the moves aren't ballanced out. This also makes me question what movesets the pokemon are using. I known their is a lot of worse to change this but I think it's worth it on the longer terms. Mostly because you already implemented the split physical/special system.

The weather system was also something intressting. Does rain really power up my water attacks. I thought I noticed it with Water Gun but I'm not sure.