PSL Season 4 General (Smack Talk) Thread

Having managed in both styles, I think I preferred the live auction. It was just more fun, having everyone struggle at the same time on how much they're willing to pay for the same player, moreso than have most of the plays revolve around cockblocking each other, being locked into some trash bid for almost 24 hours only to get those credits refunded from having someone else outbid you.

Really, the single con the live auction had was how long it took because of how many players we had.
But I mean if we're not actively trying to hit 100 signups by inviting 40 randoms and end up with a smaller pool of players, it should end up pretty ok.

Alternatively, if you really want a forum auction, perhaps some new system that isn't psl2 format either. For example, simply getting rid of the sold-if-no-bids-in-24-hours and simply have everyone bid on stuff until the last day and everyone sells when it's over.

Edited by Eggplant

Having managed in both styles, I think I preferred the live auction. It was just more fun, having everyone struggle at the same time on how much they're willing to pay for the same player, moreso than have most of the plays revolve around uguublocking each other, being locked into some trash bid for almost 24 hours only to get those credits refunded from having someone else outbid you.

Really, the single con the live auction had was how long it took because of how many players we had.
But I mean if we're not actively trying to hit 100 signups by inviting 40 randoms and end up with a smaller pool of players, it should end up pretty ok.

Alternatively, if you really want a forum auction, perhaps some new system that isn't psl2 format either. For example, simply getting rid of the sold-if-no-bids-in-24-hours and simply have everyone bid on stuff until the last day and everyone sells when it's over.

as much as I loved the forum auction, it just takes a ton of time and energy. Live auction is teh way to go imo

Yeah, I liked live auction too.

I decided that I will make this auction live auction and we're starting to find a date that fits everyone right after the managers have been picked. If there is one person who constantly can't make it I might need to pick another manager but if overall finding a time seems impossible (worked well last time) but if player auctions are closing in and there's no date set then I'll make the auction a forum auction.

Thanks for the feedback.

A few more rule changes

- 1 Substitute allowed / week at maximum (host has still ability to veto and every doubt of matchfixing will result in denying substitute)
- The opposing player must inform in the week thread their opponent is not responding. Failing to do so will result in a more likely no contest.
- A sellback is only worth 50% of the credits used for the player. The reason for this is that managers wouldn't get insane advantage for midseason auction.
- Retaining a player is not possible for Season 4 due to different sized rosters

The substitute rules are mainly due to possible high amount of substitutes a team can have compared to last season's 8 players, 2 substitutes. This is from preventing to substituting recklessly. Also the problem with PMs has been the issue that a manager might not often even know their player suddenly went rip and finds this out by the end of the week. The opponent now on is required to post in the weekly thread or inform the opposing manager that their player is not responding so the manager has a chance to put in a substitute. Matches should be won and loss by playing.

The sellback rule changed to 50% is mainly to prevent the hassle what happened last season and making managers who got a sellback get an insane advantage after midseason (yes, looking at you Coolio). This rule does give manager more responsibility to draft players who they can trust will remain active throughout the season but still a 50% sellback is there to prevent a manager to be responsible if a player is being an ass and not following their PSL duties.

Players blacklisted from previous PSL to season 4 will be blacklisted season 4 even with the different host (assuming I can find all the blacklist decisions).

Edited by OrangeManiac

idk wot your talking about

also on the subject of PMs, i think the profile comment that we started doing half way through last season was swag, it meant that managers could see what was going on. 10/10 would recommend.

I liked it but I really hate the fact it had all the hassle while some people don't have on the option of receiving posts from others and then I don't know how to punish about that and in addition the comments could be removed and I don't know how to prove such case to be true. I don't think there are really this kind of dishonest people in the community but I still don't want that kind of a situation to occur.

There are still far too many people who don't even know about the profile comment option too

How about something like adding both managers to a pm, problem is that managers will need to clear their inbox once or twice.

Gotta admit tho, I'm pretty sad we cant retain ANY players, I don't really think the size difference is enough to make it ridiculous since its still a player under 10K. Wouldn't mind changing the maximum retain price or changing it to 1. I just want my bros back :'(

Edited by Vorred