Easy Additions to Pokedex and Quality of Life

Weedle

Question

I feel like a few things could be easily added to the Pokedex that would improve the quality of life for many players. I also enjoy how the pokdex is more useful ingame due to the added move list and base stats.

1. Add what level a pokemon evolves at. 

This would reduce the near constant stream of new players asking what level charmander/meowth/dratini/bagon evolves

2. Add locations to find pokemon.

This would be useful because many people want to know where to find pokemon (ex bulbasaur, beldum, eveee). I also personally was wondering where to find kanto pokemon during my hoenn run through. This would not be hard to implement because we already have a list on the fourms https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/51560-new-implemented-pokemon-locations-held-items-guideHowever I it would be convenient to have it in the pokedex because new players never look up guides. Also if it is too much work to crtl+f for a pokemon's locations the devs could just round up some volunteers from the fourms to compile it for them. I'm pretty sure people have wondered besides me where to find pokemon they have caught before.

3. Seperate NFE (Not fully evolved) pokemon from NU

This is an idea I saw from DaftKittah. There are many pokemon that could never be used in NU such as magikarp, caterpie that are in the NU category in the pokedex.

Edited by Weedle

23 answers to this question

I feel like a few things could be easily added to the Pokedex that would improve the quality of life for many players. I also enjoy how the pokdex is more useful ingame due to the added move list and base stats.

1. Add what level a pokemon evolves at. 

This would reduce the near constant stream of new players asking what level charmander/meowth/dratini/bagon evolves

I've been wanting this the most honestly. It should be noted that all possible evolutions and their methods should be included:

• Level
  • Trade
  • Trade + held item
  • Happiness
  • Happiness + daytime
  • Happiness + nightfall
  • Attack greater than Defense
  • Defense greater than Attack
  • Attack and Defense equal
  • Beauty
  • Evolution stone

I'm probably missing some, but you get the point.  ^_^

I don't agree with number 1.

my reason is, especially when you're new(AKA noobie) the excitement of when your Pokemon evolves is one of the most exciting things about Pokemon, at least for me it was. If you can just find out when it evolves it removes that surprise factor which I think is very valuable to a new player who use Pokemon just because they like them instead of how strong they are. 

my reason is, especially when you're new(AKA noobie) the excitement of when your Pokemon evolves is one of the most exciting things about Pokemon, at least for me it was. If you can just find out when it evolves it removes that surprise factor which I think is very valuable to a new player who use Pokemon just because they like them instead of how strong they are.

While i dont want to make rash statements i think its save to assume most people have played pokemon before.
Which makes the "hype" of pokemon evolving not as big, and by asking the level of evolving of pokemon u ruin it for yourself. Adding this to the pokedex still give people the ability to look if they want to know or not if they dont want to know

While i dont want to make rash statements i think its save to assume most people have played pokemon before.
Which makes the "hype" of pokemon evolving not as big, and by asking the level of evolving of pokemon u ruin it for yourself. Adding this to the pokedex still give people the ability to look if they want to know or not if they dont want to know

You'd be surprised. I played Pokemon before Pokemmo, but that was waaay back when I was a child so I had no clue of what or how they evolved, I just knew it was when they level'd up.

You'd be surprised. I played Pokemon before Pokemmo, but that was waaay back when I was a child so I had no clue of what or how they evolved, I just knew it was when they level'd up.

But you did play it and knew what you could expect. Like i said u have thw ability to look if u want too in the pokedex this way

Yeah, but most noobs just wanna ask "what lvl does pokemon xxx evolve???" over and over

yeah, and i never had the feeling Kaynine got, i check it up in google before i caught em hahaha

I mean I do see where he's coming from, some do want that feeling, but it seems like such a minority. Of course i don't have stats to back this up, but still

I mean I do see where he's coming from, some do want that feeling, but it seems like such a minority. Of course i don't have stats to back this up, but still

Damn nice sig

Anyway putting it in the pokedex give people the ability to look if they WANT to which makes it easy for people who want to experience that feeling to do so

True, honestly don't think noobs would even look at the Pokedex, I know I didn't lol.

And it also makes it easier for people who are not neccesarily noobs but just dont know when a certain pokemon evolves i know i dont. But also easier for those are in channel chat or global seeing as they can refer those who are in need to the pokedex

I meant it seems like a minority of the noobs. Most of them want to know what lvls crap evolves, at least in my experience

Well rip your experience tho
Noobs are not the only one who ask about evolving i know i do sometimes..
I for once didnt even know how to evolve my scyther making me really look like a fool, not that it is any different then it normally is.

>implying you're not a noob

Well i dont want to assume anything but a noob = beginner and maybe compared to someone as old and wise as you i may seem like a noob but i assure you i am not i have passed the stage of noob

Well i dont want to assume anything but a noob = beginner and maybe compared to someone as old and wise as you i may seem like a noob but i assure you i am not i have passed the stage of noob

>implying im not a noob

Why havent these comments been deleted yet