[Implemented] Shard Rates

Tritios

Route 128 has by far the worst rate for it.

I think we have found the problem.

I did some testing in route 124 which should have The best encounter rate for Relicanth according bulbapedia. But I got the exact same rate. And in my chart I got 5% rate on Relicanth on Route 128 where it should be only 1% according to bulbapedia

I did some testing in route 124 which should have The best encounter rate for Relicanth according bulbapedia. But I got the exact same rate. And in my chart I got 5% rate on Relicanth on Route 128 where it should be only 1% according to bulbapedia

126 is the one outside of sootopolis

K wtf am i doing wrong...

I had a fainted Chichou in lvl 31 with illuminate in the front of the party. And behind it a lvl 35 quag...

And i walked 3000 steps without an encounter. The illuminate is active even tho its dead.

K 2k more steps, 1k with a full hp chinchou and 1k with just a regualr quag lvl 35. 

met one relicanth with a fucking deep sea scale... 

using a dead chinchou seems bugged. go fix plz.

tell me how this is balanced!!!

Edited by Tritios

This is just disgusting, I support the thought of trying to keep players active playing the game but this is just disgusting I spent 120pp thief with like 114 chinchous and lanturns and I only got 3 yellow shards when I should have got like 5 assuming 5% drop so I decided to run a test and this is what I got

Relicanth      4
Green Shard    2

Deepseascale   0

Lanturn        36
Yellow Shard   0
Deepseascale   3

Chinchou       58
Yellow Shard   0
Deepseascale   2

I should have got at least 2 yellow shards from chinchous and 1 from lanturn or 4 from all of them and I got nothing, this is bullshit

PS: Also plz remove the fucking Deepseascales from these pokemon e.e

You unfortunately just had some awful luck 

I can't accept that, I mean I've gone through something similar farming everstones and it doesn't happen that frequently so I can understand sometimes u have bad luck but this is quite regular for me when I'm trying to gather some shards :/ I mean then I must be the unluckiest guy ever e.e

is there any difference betwen using chincho or lanturn level 31 ?

route 126 , 4 Max repels + Illuminate ( Lanturn level 31 ) and no relicanth at all

crazy lol : 10-15 max repels = 4 relicanth = 1 deepscale

Edited by XelaKebert
Please use the edit button next time.

is there any difference betwen using chincho or lanturn level 31 ?

Shouldn't make a difference no..
I also did some testing 5000 steps that's 20 Max repels I think 2-3 Relicanths and 1 shard. This needs some more testing To be reliable but still..

I can't see how this in balanced.

Pretty passionate about this one as I personally farmed shards for hours at a time shortly after they were implemented to make sure the numbers were right (and found it rather enjoyable).

That's a lie.

What's the point in making greens and reds this rare? Creates an unnecessary barrier for those moves locked behind those shards, I don't see the point.

I just don't see the point of using the green shard repel trick for lvl 35 relicanth.  He is obviously much more common at lvl 30 and you're simply wasting money on repels.  Best suggestion I have is just run from everything else and also breeding recover onto quagsire(w/corsola) can help keep you out there longer.  Also pray for rng, sometimes I have hit back to backs racking up 3 or 4 greens in an hour, and sometimes I go 3 hours with nothing.  

No, it's not.

I found the grind to be fairly minor to be honest, it can be quite relaxing if you're looking for something to kill some time with.

That said, I'd like to see some more statistics in here.

I guess I can see if you're just trying to kill time, but heading out to shard hunt reds or greens with an objective in mind is heartbreaking.

No, it's not.

I found the grind to be fairly minor to be honest, it can be quite relaxing if you're looking for something to kill some time with.

That said, I'd like to see some more statistics in here.

Here u have

After 200+ encounters and 120 pp thief I have a similar result than the one I had before in this same page and the same result I get every fucking time

Chinchou        78
Deepseascales   3
Yellow Shard    1

Lanturn         32
Deepseascales   2
Yellow Shard    1

Relicanth       10
Green Shard     3

I mean assuming a 5% drop (like the minimum) I should have got AT LEAST 5 yellow shards but I got 2 instead after like 1 hour and a half I don't see in which universe this is "minor grind" knowing that u need most of the time 3 shards for a single move for a single pokemon...

I think the shard rates are quite low as well. Unfortunately while I don't have statistics, it doesn't justify the amount of time you've spent hunting them. I find it better to grind for 1 hr earning 100k and buying shards with that money because it's apparently more profitable than hunting for shards for 1 hr and finding may be 5-6 blues and one yellow which is equivalent to about 70k to 80k. 

I think your solution is boring and kills off 3 items.

I will take a look at the rate and do some testing to see if ut requires changing. Thanks for the statistics.

3 of them are already found in a single location, it just evens the prices out and makes the shards nobody wants actually have purpose.  I can't give away blue shards.