[Denied]Make it to where players can't say the same thing over and over again in chat

That does not encourage people to abuse it either 

If it's abused the player will be muted for spamming. Otherwise it's helpful for players who are trading, too lazy to re-link Pokemon/items to chat, asking a question a second time, or anything else really.

Edited by Hiraeth

If it's abused the player will be muted for spamming. Otherwise it's helpful for players who are trading, too lazy to re-link Pokemon/items to chat, asking a question a second time, or anything else really.

Yes I agree with that. But what you just said makes 

They wouldn't implement the "Press 'up' to repeat your message" feature if they didn't want people to use it. :v

Invalid now.

This seems like a poor solution to something that isn't really even much of a problem.

Due to OP being unclear in his original post, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to solve with this. 
If you're referring to Trade Chat spam, trade chat exists for spam.  While we do certainly need a better trading system, this would only make our current system a pain to use. 
If you've noticed that when you're typing and you press the Up Arrow Key it copies your last sent message, that's so you can send chat messages without going through the trouble of typing it out.  This mechanic also helps combat auto-typers, making them near pointless to use.

If you're referring to Global/Channel/Normal/etc., sure this hypothetically could do something useful.  It would stop someone from saying 'vendo pokeman' 1000 times in chat.  What this would also do, as previously mentioned, is ruin our current trading system(Unless it's set into effect only for Global/Channel). 
On top of that the implementation of this system would be ineffective and/or complicated.  Would it work only for exact messages, so if I say "Ayy lmao" I can't send the message "Ayy lmao" again after that?  If so then all I have to do is type "Ayyy lmao" and wooosh, I've evaded your system. 
If it has some kind of intelligence behind it and knows that "Ayy lmao" and "Ayyy lmao" are essentially the same message, then you start running into bigger problems.  For instance if a friend of mine joins the chat channel I would say "Hey Ben", and if another friend joins the channel I'd say "Hey Sam", but your system wouldn't let me say hello to my friend because the messages are identical. 

It should also be mentioned that our moderators already punish players for spam, and with this system being either overly complex or really easy to get around it brings next to nothing to the table that we don't already have. 

Pros of this system:
Depending on the implementation, it /might/ stop autotypers(Which aren't a problem in our game anyways)

Cons of this system:
Limits chat
Ruins our trade system
Depending on the implementation, it could be really tedious for innocent players who aren't spamming

Our current system of limiting the amount of messages a player can send per every x amount of seconds already does a good job of keeping the spam under control.  Also if you do see someone spamming, you're encouraged to submit a player report so that a moderator is made aware of the issue.