If your a dev whats the first thing you will do?

NNharmonia

If I was a dev I would implement the Johto Region, request 1 custom Vanity something like: "Isaac's Cape/ Isaac's Sword, also on my free time I decided to create a Johto Rom for PokeMMO to use, just in case PokeMMO needed any region help in the future.

[quote name="Hiraeth" post="1144463" timestamp="1443320910"]

Implement: [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/56804-a-simple-map-modification-system/"][b]A Simple Map Modification System[/b][/url][/quote]
Great minds think alike, read my post lol.

If I were a Dev, I would spend a few month familiarizing myself with JRE (if that is what they use, might be some integrated or imported language, I have not cared to poke about).

Then I might play with strings a little, look at what I can do with the system at hand and what the limitations are. Probably would need to know the line where client and server differences lay.

Next, I would ask the current Devs what short-cuts or "quick and dirty" implementations they used through current code. Would then try to go back through and clean things up, either through a longer implementation that requires more coding but runs smoother, or a simpler string that doesn't tax the server as much. 

change breeding to make it more clone mmo like but with many elements from current mechs (no dead parents)

change shiny rate to 1/8192

implement the dungeons with a focus on multi player group raids with a semi random drops/chance to get a legendary(more then one per account and tradable cause comp scene)

remove all language filters

fire 1/3 of staff

actively hire some peeps (focusing on  foreign language, more programmers, mappers/artist)

move servers to somewhere that will not instantly shut us down if pokemon company complains

allow rmt, or just stop actively trying to ban rmt'ers (honestly does it matter?)

make a client that works on tablets/phones

change update policy to often and small over these 6-10 months droughts

return offtopic

make a majority of the forums visible(including most of the secret staff section and the teir council section, but not post able by regular users)

remove ev training entirely and replace it with a 500 yen per ev item (500x51=25500k to fully ev a poke)

focus on dungeons>new regions>everything else

remove the gift pokemon ribbons

make "understanding logical arguments and being able to make a good argument" a requirement to join staff. ofc i'll provide reading material.

change the suggestion box policy to never lock a thread unless it violates the rules. if i think it's a bad argument/idea i wont do it, but you should have the chance to argue your idea further/others should have the chance to argue it better then op

un ban EVERYONE, but give everyone who was banned 4 wp on forums, so they get a second chance, but on thin water for the cases that should stay banned. reasoning being the dozens and dozens of ex staff who banned people, are no longer around to explain why "so and so" was banned, and the forums has lost most of it's history.

donate staff spawned shinys to psl like player run tournaments, but only ones with 100+ participants to encourage large player run tournaments that create end game player created content that will be much bigger then what staff can do with it's limited numbers.

have a min of 3 staff members on at all times in game and on forums

contact pokemon corp AFTER im in a country where they cant do shit to shut down mmo, and start talks to get them to support pokemmo financially/with their programmers, in exchange for partial ownership and profit sharing (tbh the make a new handheld and game every 2-3 years model is dead since vrms are just better. pokemon has to go a new direction and an mmo is the right one)

create consumable items for the dungeons that can change iv's slightly (min/max iv system that requires grinding the dungeons)

and create a thread for crowd source ideas, cause i cant remember every rejected good idea.

change breeding to make it more clone mmo like but with many elements from current mechs (no dead parents)

change shiny rate to 1/8192

implement the dungeons with a focus on multi player group raids with a semi random drops/chance to get a legendary(more then one per account and tradable cause comp scene)

remove all language filters

fire 1/3 of staff

make a client that works on tablets/phones

change update policy to often and small over these 6-10 months droughts

return offtopic

remove ev training entirely and replace it with a 500 yen per ev item (500x51=25500k to fully ev a poke)

focus on dungeons>new regions>everything else

remove the gift pokemon ribbons

make "understanding logical arguments and being able to make a good argument" a requirement to join staff. ofc i'll provide reading material.

change the suggestion box policy to never lock a thread unless it violates the rules. if i think it's a bad argument/idea i wont do it, but you should have the chance to argue your idea further/others should have the chance to argue it better then op

un ban EVERYONE, but give everyone who was banned 4 wp on forums, so they get a second chance, but on thin water for the cases that should stay banned. reasoning being the dozens and dozens of ex staff who banned people, are no longer around to explain why "so and so" was banned, and the forums has lost most of it's history.

donate staff spawned shinys to psl like player run tournaments, but only ones with 100+ participants to encourage large player run tournaments that create end game player created content that will be much bigger then what staff can do with it's limited numbers.

have a min of 3 staff members on at all times in game and on forums

and create a thread for crowd source ideas, cause i cant remember every rejected good idea.

Pretty much this