Did you care about IVs when you first started this game?

TitanPawnz

Before I started playing this game I didn't even know what Natures, EVs and IVs are/what they do. In the original games I never cared about them because my pokemon just had to be strong enough to beat the NPC's. ^^

I found it out after a while playing, but gave no attention to them, so I trained some ok IV-pokemon, but also some with very bad IVs.

I was vaguely aware of them when I started playing, but not too concerned until post-story as I played through it as a nuzlocke and literally couldn't be picky. When I checked my party members at a later date, turns out that some were good enough to be considered competitive at the time (albeit only in 100s due to their level, which I never played) and a couple are still usable now. Guess I got lucky.

I started caring about IVs as soon as the story run was over and I was able to freely catch Pokemon, but didn't have particularly high standards due to the lack of a breeding system at the time.

I was vaguely aware of them when I started playing, but not too concerned until post-story as I played through it as a nuzlocke and literally couldn't be picky. When I checked my party members at a later date, turns out that some were good enough to be considered competitive at the time (albeit only in 100s due to their level, which I never played) and a couple are still usable now. Guess I got lucky.

I started caring about IVs as soon as the story run was over and I was able to freely catch Pokemon, but didn't have particularly high standards due to the lack of a breeding system at the time.

Sounds like you had a fun PokeMMO first experience!

This is off topic but:

[Spoiler]

I like your sig rache :3

[/Spoiler]

• 5 weeks later...

I look at the IV's and compare them to build my team in a way that makes sense to compensate not only for type weaknesses, but also IV strengths/weaknesses. However, I don't base my whole experience around training for EV's and natures. I try to keep a healthy balance of fun and calculated strategy. I think the nostalgia of playing it since childhood really drives my motivation to keep playing it, for sure.