[IPS] PokeMMO: 8-Bit Edition (First version out now!)

When a Pokémon is following you, will it be a supersized replica of one of the minipics?

I'd recommend not having the HGSS rom installed while playing with this patch, because it does more to the game than just add the minis, it also replaces the pokemon battle sprites and battle scene... therefore at the current time, if you do have it installed while using this patch, they will be huge and out of place.

I'd recommend not having the HGSS rom installed while playing with this patch, because it does more to the game than just add the minis, it also replaces the pokemon battle sprites and battle scene... therefore at the current time, if you do have it installed while using this patch, they will be huge and out of place.

Actually you can have it installed to have a follower, but have the updated battle sprites and whatnot turned off.

That being said, the follower sprites come from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver ROM, which would require patching that, which to my knowledge isn't entirely possible yet.

Actually you can have it installed to have a follower, but have the updated battle sprites and whatnot turned off.

That being said, the follower sprites come from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver ROM, which would require patching that, which to my knowledge isn't entirely possible yet.

Oh yeah, forgot about that "DS Sprites" option. Anyways, it may be possible, I know PokeCommunity has been working on DS hacking for years now and they have hacks out already, I just was always more of a 16-bit fan lol.

BTW, editing the colors is working out great. Only up to Nidoqueen so far, limiting each sprite to two colors aside from transparency and outline, and they're looking mint.

k85qb.png

Updated pokedex, all 151 colored. You may notice a few VERY minor alterations in here(like switching electrodes colors, altered the voltorb mini slightly), but I did keep to the 8bit style of two colors, an outline, and a transparent color while making these. I also can't add any more colors than you see... I tried adding a shade of pink when I got to Chansey and since there are only 3 shared palettes for the minis, something went terribly wrong and I had to fix roughly 40 sprites.

Anyways, hope you guys like the progress.

need gen 1 in monochrome like a boss.

Will come after this is done, boss.

I finished coloring up to Celebi's mini sprite, I'm not usually online a lot on weekends. I hope to finish the minis of the 3rd gens within a few days.

You're doing a great job, thanks for the help.

Any chance for Pre Releases?

It looks awesome!

I'd rather release it all in one go. It should be done by this month but no promises.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I lost power from Hurricane Sandy, though I did manage to get a little bit of work done while we had the generator running. I still don't have internet back yet, I'm currently using my friend's phone as a mobile hotspot. Just thought I'd let you know what's up.

Ah, I understand. Thanks for letting me and everyone know.

Is there a specific reason why this is patterned after G/S rather than R/B?

It's not bad, obviously. I love G/S as much as anyone. Before the DS remakes, G/S was my favorite Pokemon game. But this isn't G/S, it's just an update of R/B. So why not use R/B graphics for a "8-bit edition"? I especially like the awkward looking battle sprites that sometimes look almost nothing like what the Pokemon turned out to look like as the series went on, so it's a little off from what I think of when I imagine playing a MMO of R/B with 8 bit graphics.

Is there a specific reason why this is patterned after G/S rather than R/B?

It's not bad, obviously. I love G/S as much as anyone. Before the DS remakes, G/S was my favorite Pokemon game. But this isn't G/S, it's just an update of R/B. So why not use R/B graphics for a "8-bit edition"? I especially like the awkward looking battle sprites that sometimes look almost nothing like what the Pokemon turned out to look like as the series went on, so it's a little off from what I think of when I imagine playing a MMO of R/B with 8 bit graphics.

As stated earlier R/B will come after this is done.

Just today I decided to do something for fun: Create a patch for Fire Red that would use the graphics from Gold/Silver. Gen II was always my favorite generation, so why not play a look alike online?

There's no patch available at the moment, just a sign of things to come.

Progress:

Maps:

Outdoors:

Pallet Town [X]

Viridian City [X]

Pewter City [X]

Cerulean City [X]

Lavender Town [X]

Vermilion City [X]

Celadon City [X]

Fuchsia City [X]

Cinnibar Island [X]

Saffron City [X]

Indigo Plateau [X]

Island 1[X]

Island 2[X]

Island 3[X]

Island 4[X]

Island 5[X]

Island 6[X]

Island 7[X]

Kanto Routes [X]

Island Routes[X]

Secret Island Areas[ ]

Notable Areas:

Kanto:

Viridian Forest [X]

Mt. Moon [X]

Underground Paths [X]

S. S. Anne [X]

Diglett's Cave [X]

Rock Tunnel [X]

Pokemon Tower [X]

Rocket Hideout [X]

Silph Co. [X]

Power Plant [X]

Safari Zone [X]

Seafoam Islands [X]

Pokemon Manson [X]

Victory Road [X]

Cerulean Cave [X]

Sevii Islands:

Mt. Ember [X]

Berry Forest [X]

Icefall Cave [X]

Rocket Warehouse [X]

Lost Cave [X]

Altering Cave [X]

Pattenr Bush [X]

Dotted Hole [X]

Tanoby Key [X]

Tanoby Chambers [X]

Birth Island [X]

Misc Indoors:

Pallet Town [ ]

Viridian City [ ]

Pewter City [ ]

Cerulean City [ ]

Lavender Town [ ]

Vermilion City [ ]

Celadon City [ ]

Fuchsia City [ ]

Cinnibar Island [ ]

Saffron City [ ]

Indigo Plateau [ ]

Island 1[ ]

Island 2[ ]

Island 3[ ]

Island 4[ ]

Island 5[ ]

Island 6[ ]

Island 7[ ]

Kanto Routes [ ]

Island Routes[ ]

Pokemon Battle Sprites: 0%

Trainer Battle Sprites: 0%

Overworld Sprites: 3%

GUI: 7%

Music: 0%

Here's some screenshots (Work in progress)

iy0p5x.png

35li5uo.png

w8kjuu.png

bf4ys6.png

2wlvz2q.png

My goal is to make absolutely all the graphics possible 8-bit.

I'll let you know when a patch is available, hope you guys are interested. Feel free to let me know what you think!

No patch yet D;

Y isn't this done yet,pls. I impatient.

It's not done yet because it's not done yet. Deal with it.

Also all the outdoor areas and major indoor areas are done (Including islands for the future). The minor indoor areas are the next step that I'm working on.