[IPS] PokeMMO: 8-Bit Edition (First version out now!)

That looks good so far. I find it ironic that one patch makes graphics fourth gen, and another makes it second gen. Thanks for the variety and keep up the good work. I'll use it.

I'm actually working on both the 5th gen and the 1st gen ones :P

Good luck on this, though! It's nice to have some variety in the graphics patches :D

I'm actually working on both the 5th gen and the 1st gen ones :P

Good luck on this, though! It's nice to have some variety in the graphics patches :D

I might try those out, but I haven't noticed too significant differences between 4 and 5, so you should work on gen 1.

I've actually been looking into this, for the past few days. But since I'm still such a newb with working with palettes and stuff, progress has been kinda slow. lol

Did you use the "past_rombase" or have you been adding the tiles yourself?

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Don't know if these will still be of any help.

GSCTileset32x32.png

And what I believe to be the game's palette colors.

24zkjuf.jpg

I've actually been looking into this, for the past few days. But since I'm still such a newb with working with palettes and stuff, progress has been kinda slow. lol

Did you use the "past_rombase" or have you been adding the tiles yourself?

Anyway, good luck with your project.

I've been adding the tiles myself. I have experience with ROM hacking, so I just ripped the tileset from Pokemon Gold, imported it into Fire Red, assigned the proper pallet colors then assigned the colorss to the correct tile and built the new 2x2 metatiles over the old ones.

I do plan to incorporate overworld sprites, Pokemon graphics, and all sorts of stuff from Gold.

Thanks for the help.

You should make a custom gui to go with it... you know one that looks like the menus from gold/silver :)

That is definitely planned.

That looks good so far. I find it ironic that one patch makes graphics fourth gen, and another makes it second gen. Thanks for the variety and keep up the good work. I'll use it.

Yeah some people want the old school and others want the new. The player trainers on this seem out of place though.

Yeah some people want the old school and others want the new. The player trainers on this seem out of place though.

He did say he plans on incorporating overworld sprites and whatnot, so you can expect a sort of full conversion from this, which is pretty cool.

I'm not worried about Gen III Pokemon yet. I'lI cross that bridge when I get there. First I'm going to do all of the outside areas, then work on the overworld sprites (Only question I have is what will I use for the female character sprite?), then the in battle Pokemon. After that I think a demo can be released.

Glad you guys are excited about it.

Aww, I love Hiro. :(

Words can not describe my sadness. Nor could any photo I can find. Hiro is my childhood man!

Well... since this is G/S I might use Hiro instead. When I'm done with this, it shouldn't be too difficult to make a R/B/Y version.