The MMO Shiny Revolution 2015: SHINYS Left, Right and Centre.

Imperial

I agree! There were no interest for shiny hunters in this game before(only before the mid 2013 update). I did not see the point in changing the shiny rate in the first place. I thought they wanted a game as close to the original and there are not even any disadvantages/advantages for shinies in battle or other things. They are litterally just a bunch of pixels you can collect and enjoy, but I still like the idea them being rare with a possible to encounter chance. There should not be a major nor a minor difference between the player's shiny rate imo. I cannot really see why there should be this difference and none have convinced me why there should be yet.

Edit: Had 150.000+ encounters which seems incredible stupid before these new updates and did not encounter a single shiny. If you need to encounter pokemon for an entire month to get a single OT shiny, I do not think there is anyone who is even interested trying to get one. Also I have not met any shinies after the update but I really hope I do encounter something soon.

Yeah.

I am definitely happy with everyone getting shinys, I do not care about the shiny rate itself, I just found it suspicious that within the last 2 weeks there was a huge spawn of different shinys, especially those not found in the last 1-2 years, then the price is sold for such a dramatic price it's like Black Friday and survival of the fittest, especially as devs confirmed the change 2 months ago and not much difference then.

I myself, have not encountered a single shiny and been looking for awhile, so maybe there's a small bit of me who's bitter. I think when more shinys are found demand does drop and the Economy drops more as nobody is willing to spend. IMO.

If this didn't happen in a short change I probably wouldn't have made this thread - but wanted to see what other people thought too and it looks like it wasn't just me but most is happy with the situation so I would be too I guess, let's just hope I eventually become an OT... Lol.

Yeah.

I am definitely happy with everyone getting shinys, I do not care about the shiny rate itself, I just found it suspicious that within the last 2 weeks there was a huge spawn of different shinys, especially those not found in the last 1-2 years, then the price is sold for such a dramatic price it's like Black Friday and survival of the fittest, especially as devs confirmed the change 2 months ago and not much difference then.

I myself, have not encountered a single shiny and been looking for awhile, so maybe there's a small bit of me who's bitter. I think when more shinys are found demand does drop and the Economy drops more as nobody is willing to spend. IMO.

If this didn't happen in a short change I probably wouldn't have made this thread - but wanted to see what other people thought too and it looks like it wasn't just me but most is happy with the situation so I would be too I guess, let's just hope I eventually become an OT... Lol.

I just wish that the PokeMMO game developers would give us some information on this subject. They are literally just ignoring us,

It would be pretty sweet if they could just say yes or no if they have touched the shiny rate.

Yeah this thread was to get information on new shinys being leaked and wondering other peoples obversations :3 If there was another shitstorm I'd be surprised tbh, although I do feel that this has got some form of attention across, which is good.

The only reason I think they wouldn't reveal anything is to stop 24/7 grinding.

Yeah this thread was to get information on new shinys being leaked and wondering other peoples obversations :3 If there was another shitstorm I'd be surprised tbh, although I do feel that this has got some form of attention across, which is good.

The only reason I think they wouldn't reveal anything is to stop 24/7 grinding.

Why would they stop 24/7 grinding? They earn money on people grinding and when they are getting tricked into buying donator status.

Why would they stop 24/7 grinding? They earn money on people grinding and when they are getting tricked into buying donator status.

More grinding = more shinys = unstable economy.

I agree with the donator status part, I found out minimum donation is $5 = £3.66

More grinding = more shinys = unstable economy.

I agree with the donator status part, I found out minimum donation is $5 = £3.66

Yeah, by increasing the number of shinies found, it would make the shinies less worth and maybe comp pokemons worth more. Again, shinies are just a bunch of useless pixels but they are really cool to collect and you have an awesome feeling when you find one. :)

Some guy(can not remember his name) has suggested some time ago that we could make some sort of shiny hunter mode, where the shiny rate would go back to the vanilla 1/8192 but all the shinies found in this mode will be marked as "gifted"(untradable) pokemons.

Were people actually uguuing about the rate being too low and now that they may have raised the rate, people are now uguuing about the rate being too high? No wonder devs don't reply to threads 

We are just looking for answers or confirmations, have not seen any people "uguuing".

The actual rate doesn't really matter, not like you can just be like oh now that I know the rate is 1/32k, I can definitely find a shiny now. It has and always will be rng (hopefully anyways)

You did read Kyu's old reply on the last shiny rate discussion thread? That it depended on many different variables. I just don't want this difference between player's shiny rate, it is just too confusing and you do not know if you even any chance of encountering any shiny in the near future.

For the most part its the same group of people getting all the new OT's that pop up, I doubt the economy will crumble with all the new OT's coming out although some prices will drop, there have been quite a few lax's pix's along with some others. I do agree that the rates seem different, but for the most part its ALL noobs, with the odd times older players will get them. 

Were people actually uguuing about the rate being too low and now that they may have raised the rate, people are now uguuing about the rate being too high? No wonder devs don't reply to threads

To be honest, I think the consensus in the past was the agreement that 1/8192 is too high of a rate for an MMO - the bitching was more about the insistence in the FaQ and in all staff responses that the rates had not been altered

After a short and unpleasant experience elsewhere, I can confirm that 1/8192 is ludicrous for an MMO

To be honest, I think the consensus in the past was the agreement that 1/8192 is too high of a rate for an MMO - the uguuing was more about the insistence in the FaQ and in all staff responses that the rates had not been altered

After a short and unpleasant experience elsewhere, I can confirm that 1/8192 is ludicrous for an MMO

The staff responses were pretty uninformed, although I guess devs *could* have informed them that the rate was definitely not 1/8192. But expecting the correct answer from low level staff is pretty silly. That would be like asking a janitor at the White house what the top secrets are. Obviously they're not going to know. And I highly doubt they made the rate 1/8192, its more likely that there are a ton more people playing the game. At one point, there was even a queue to get onto the game.

IMO rares are still gonna be rares sure there is a few that pop up like lax kanga and bulba but vulpix has high encounter in pyre and its showing now js there will be more karps ratata pidgeys but mainly rares are still rare for example there was what 2 shiny kabutos/tops (1 rip) in 3 years I mean if there is 3 more in a year it would be nice imo

Edited by SneaKyKhaLidA

The staff responses were pretty uninformed, although I guess devs *could* have informed them that the rate was definitely not 1/8192. But expecting the correct answer from low level staff is pretty silly. That would be like asking a janitor at the White house what the top secrets are. Obviously they're not going to know. And I highly doubt they made the rate 1/8192, its more likely that there are a ton more people playing the game. At one point, there was even a queue to get onto the game.

What if the Janitor is the president in disguise?

As for the economy...

Will this cause an economic downfall? No.

Will some shinies cost less due to this? Yes. But what do you expect in a market where no products are consumed, they just stack.

Will rare shinies become worthless? No. There are still hundreds (thousands?) of Rattata and only a few Snorlax/Bulbasaur.

Do shinies represent the whole economy? No. Competitive Pokemon (and Ditto) and cosmetics can cost millions as well.

What will happen if this keeps up? Some shinies will become less expensive, others will still be the same.

So much this (specially the 2nd point)...^

Edited by shining

IMO rares are still gonna be rares sure there is a few that pop up like lax kanga and bulba but vulpix has high encounter in pyre and its showing now js there will be more karps ratata pidgeys but mainly rares are still rare

for example there was what 2 shiny kabutos/tops (1 rip) in 3 years I mean if there is 3 more in a year it would be nice imo

I think all the new Pixes have been found on Route 7-8 tho

For the most part its the same group of people getting all the new OT's that pop up, I doubt the economy will crumble with all the new OT's coming out although some prices will drop, there have been quite a few lax's pix's along with some others. I do agree that the rates seem different, but for the most part its ALL noobs, with the odd times older players will get them.

The economy will undoubtably crumble if they continue at this rate. You simply can't have these many shinies flood the market and expect the economy to stay the same. Demand has to be higher than supply. Which honestly won't stay the same for much longer.

Not sure what devs had in mind with this. What it benefits is the chances for many who have never caught an OT (myself included) to achieve that. What it eventually will do is destroy the economy.

The economy will undoubtably crumble if they continue at this rate. You simply can't have these many shinies flood the market and expect the economy to stay the same. Demand has to be higher than supply. Which honestly won't stay the same for much longer.

Not sure what devs had in mind with this. What it benefits is the chances for many who have never caught an OT (myself included) to achieve that. What it eventually will do is destroy the economy.

i would agree with alphamale.

Changing shiny encounter rate so drastically would be a bad idea for the economy.

The value of Shinys have been relatively solid in the past three years,it is like gold in the real life.people can jump into shinys to shift risks when the value of currency (whether it is eggs in before or now pokeyen) is fluctuating.

but tbh if such encounter rate keep going.i doubt if the economy would be destoryed.Its just our shiny trader and mostly collectors would be drastically influenced.Cuz 5*encounter rate means our wealth would be less than 1/5 in before.

Anyway in the pokemmo communism the wealth of minority havent been actually respected in most of those updates,so if shit happens i wont be so surpurise,maybe its just our time comes.