The MMO Shiny Revolution 2015: SHINYS Left, Right and Centre.

Imperial

Idk... I don't have any shinies and I don't expect to with less than 200 hrs.

I also really don't care about the shiny rate. All you've gotta tell ME is that

there IS a chance to run into a shiny. You can't control the rate, and the

difference between 1/8192 and 1/6000 or 1/4000 could be an hour or a

lifetime. It's still just a random roll of the dice every time. I was perfectly

happy playing Red/Blue where shinies didn't exist, so all of this stuff nowadays

is just icing on the cake.

Idk... I don't have any shinies and I don't expect to with less than 200 hrs.

I also really don't care about the shiny rate. All you've gotta tell ME is that

there IS a chance to run into a shiny. You can't control the rate, and the

difference between 1/8192 and 1/6000 or 1/4000 could be an hour or a

lifetime. It's still just a random roll of the dice every time. I was perfectly

happy playing Red/Blue where shinies didn't exist, so all of this stuff nowadays

is just icing on the cake.

I agree, rates don't mean anything because it resets after each chance, as Gizmo pointed out is common sense that is true.

Thing is though, which I will reword in my thread: People recently have been complaining that the Economy is destroyed and poverty is a common thing now. However, the new spawns of rare shinys does not help the current situation. Only few people will gain from this, while the majority won't. They also will have less goals to succeed on. The breeding system has made profiting pointless too.

For the case about slakoth and others pokemon that came with the hoenn update. comparing its value from when it was only available in altering cave and now when its kinda common in the wild early in the story. Ofc its gonna drop in value, its ws doomed to happen when hoenn was released.

but yes there has soo many more shinies lately, i guess they buffed the rate aswell as the community has grown alot lately. But wtf are you guys complainging over it? when people go for 4-5k hours without finding a shiny the rate is too low. 

For the case about slakoth and others pokemon that came with the hoenn update. comparing its value from when it was only available in altering cave and now when its kinda common in the wild early in the story. Ofc its gonna drop in value, its ws doomed to happen when hoenn was released.

but yes there has soo many more shinies lately, i guess they buffed the rate aswell as the community has grown alot lately. But wtf are you guys complainging over it? when people go for 4-5k hours without finding a shiny the rate is too low. 

I think it's more the point that the very rare shinys e.g. Snorlax haven't been found for over 2 years, and suddenly 3 more pop in less than 2 weeks. It brings insecurity as to which shinys will come next.

Of course, non-shiny traders wouldn't be affected.

It's mis-leading information. It's not about rates, etc. but there's no point working hard to buy a very expensive shiny when you know a new OT will be released in a few days and get sold for like 600% cheaper.

Lol wut, srs?

So you're saying: "Omgash I bought a shiny for X yen, and that other dude bought it 3 times cheaper than me" is a valid reason? Find the "new OT" and get it cheaper yourself straight from the source, complaining how other people got their shinies cheaper doesn't really hold water. And not to be a uguu or something, but what other people buy their shinies for shouldn't even bother you, it's their trades, you really have no right to complain about that. :)

Edit:

Technically IMO it is not a donation as you are getting something in return, so technically it is a payment of some sort, and that was why the debate on mis-leading information came in but that was another issue to what I'm going on about here. :3

It is donation though, you donate, and they're kind enough to give you benefits for it. If you really want it to be a donation, then go and make a thread about how you want to donate, but not receive any merit from it.

Edit edit:

Sigh, I sound hostile dammit

Edited by Spaintakula

Just bought an OT shiny gastly for like 900k... (worth 2m)

This is what my thread is about. Imagine this is with the rarer shinys, unless the shiny traders buy them, there is risk in the price going down contentiously. I don't care about the shiny rates, it's the aftermath in terms of the 'economy' people are going on about.

Another observation: These shinys seem to be appearing in certain areas. 

E.g. Magikarp 100% spawn rate in Sootopolis, yet all found in safari / verm.

Here are some shinies that have been recently caught(in this month).

I saw most of them today in channel chat or trade chat.

ntS0moI.png

Edit: forgot some

ft1uabA.png

Just curious, what mod did you download for those pokemon sprites? I forgot the name & if there's still bugs (can PM me , would appreciate):)

Just bought an OT shiny gastly for like 900k... (worth 2m)

This is what my thread is about. Imagine this is with the rarer shinys, unless the shiny traders buy them, there is risk in the price going down contentiously. I don't care about the shiny rates, it's the aftermath in terms of the 'economy' people are going on about.

Another observation: These shinys seem to be appearing in certain areas. 

E.g. Magikarp 100% spawn rate in Sootopolis, yet all found in safari / verm.

Just curious, what mod did you download for those pokemon sprites? I forgot the name & if there's still bugs (can PM me , would appreciate) :)

Here's a link to the one I downloaded:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/56474-mod-pokemmo-animated-sprites-battle-xy-vi-gen-update/

Got it, thanks alot!

Lol wut, srs?

So you're saying: "Omgash I bought a shiny for X yen, and that other dude bought it 3 times cheaper than me" is a valid reason? Find the "new OT" and get it cheaper yourself straight from the source, complaining how other people got their shinies cheaper doesn't really hold water. And not to be a uguu or something, but what other people buy their shinies for shouldn't even bother you, it's their trades, you really have no right to complain about that. :)

Edit:

It is donation though, you donate, and they're kind enough to give you benefits for it. If you really want it to be a donation, then go and make a thread about how you want to donate, but not receive any merit from it.

Edit edit:

Sigh, I sound hostile dammit

That's not the problem. What I'm saying is stability in the economy, if there has only been 1 shiny arcanine in the game within 3 years for example and suddenly 5 are found in less than a week, it causes Panic. I don't care what other people pay for their shinies necessarily, but plenty of others do.

Some may say that this will help the economy as people will 'profit' off them, but I don't think that's the case.  Realistically, once someone is 'rich' in the game there's nothing else to work towards other than countless breeding and shiny trading. Me personally, I would like these shinies to remain 'rare' and 'expensive' so there's always a goal to work towards. That's just me.

As for the Donation, that was another issue why people were complaining about it, if it was donating with in game money (idek) then nobody would really give 2 shits lol. I wouldn't say you're being hostile either, dw.

EDIT: An hour ago just seen 2 people selling OT shinys caught in the last 24 hours -

(someone selling a swablu 10m less than normal value)

2mfzygo.png

3353yug.png

Edited by Imperial

I think it's important to note that new players (who catch the majority of recent shinies) don't know the real value of their shiny Pokemon. Most new players see 2 mil and think they can live off of it forever, so selling an OT Shiny Swablu for 8.5 mil is still nice for them. In 2013, I literally bought an OT Shiny Oddish for 2 leftovers. You can still buy these shinies cheap and flip them, making tons.

I think it's important to note that new players (who catch the majority of recent shinies) don't know the real value of their shiny Pokemon. Most new players see 2 mil and think they can live off of it forever, so selling an OT Shiny Swablu for 8.5 mil is still nice for them. In 2013, I literally bought an OT Shiny Oddish for 2 leftovers. You can still buy these shinies cheap and flip them, making tons.

Yeah, I saw someone suggesting on another thread that once you catch a shiny it tells you the price and if you'll get ripped off, IMO that would be really complicated because it's the shiny traders who value it mainly so of course the price can change each day, etc.

It's really hard, because shiny trading is like a monopol, you never know what's going to happen - and you don't know what will be found next. If it was 1 shiny found per day I wouldn't mind (like before) but nowadays there's at least 6.

Maybe I don't wanna be ripped off either I guess , but I know that's not a good reason.

Yeah, I saw someone suggesting on another thread that once you catch a shiny it tells you the price and if you'll get ripped off, IMO that would be really complicated because it's the shiny traders who value it mainly so of course the price can change each day, etc.

It's really hard, because shiny trading is like a monopol, you never know what's going to happen - and you don't know what will be found next. If it was 1 shiny found per day I wouldn't mind (like before) but nowadays there's at least 6.

Maybe I don't wanna be ripped off either I guess , but I know that's not a good reason.

I see what you mean, but there is something you need to keep in mind. This problem only affect the top tier shiny traders which are only 1% of the game's players. To new players, players who have 1000+ hours with no shiny, or anyone who hunts shinies, this is a great time to play.

As for the economy...

Will this cause an economic downfall? No.

Will some shinies cost less due to this? Yes. But what do you expect in a market where no products are consumed, they just stack.

Will rare shinies become worthless? No. There are still hundreds (thousands?) of Rattata and only a few Snorlax/Bulbasaur.

Do shinies represent the whole economy? No. Competitive Pokemon (and Ditto) and cosmetics can cost millions as well.

What will happen if this keeps up? Some shinies will become less expensive, others will still be the same.

I think everyone is worrying over nothing much. Will the market change a bit? Yes. But it's not the end of the world. It will not cause mass chaos and mayhem in the game, certain shinies will just become cheaper. In the end, some shinies are still going to cost 60+ mil, which I think is already entirely too much haha. In an MMO environment, legendary items (shinies in our case), should be obtainable within 300 hours. Can you make 60 mil in 300 hours while still breeding and spending money on other things?  ;)

Edited by Hiraeth

I see what you mean, but there is something you need to keep in mind. This problem only affect the top tier shiny traders which are only 1% of the game's players. To new players, players who have 1000+ hours with no shiny, or anyone who hunts shinies, this is a great time to play.

As for the economy...

Will this cause an economic downfall? No.

Will some shinies cost less due to this? Yes. But what do you expect in a market where no products are consumed, they just stack.

Will rare shinies become worthless? No. There are still hundreds (thousands?) of Rattata and only a few Snorlax/Bulbasaur.

Do shinies represent the whole economy? No. Competitive Pokemon (and Ditto) and cosmetics can cost millions as well.

What will happen if this keeps up? Some shinies will become less expensive, others will still be the same.

II think everyone is worrying over nothing much. Will the market change a bit? Yes. But it's not the end of the world. It will not cause mass chaos and mayhem in the game, certain shinies will just become cheaper. In the end, some shinies are still going to cost 60+ mil, which I think is already entirely too much haha. In an MMO environment, legendary items (shinies in our case), should be obtainable within 300 hours. Can you make 60 mil in 300 hours while still breeding and spending money on other things?  ;)

Yeah, you're one of the main people who understood what I meant, a few thought I was going on about the shiny rates inparticular.

I was just concerned because Breeding used to be a great way to make money but now it's hard. Before the latest breeding update (last month) 3x31 and 4x31's were good to make profit on, but now prices have gone down [it's good] but very hard to sell them, so breeding is pointless in terms of profit unless you're making godlies e.g. porygons, metas, hp ice/grass jolteons, etc...

I just don't see many sources to make money nowadays other than shinys. Dittos are also going down in price, 1x31s and 2x31s use to be easy to sell at 25k and 100-150k respectively, now people sell them at 10-15k and 50-70k at times (respectively). [Then again, everyone now knows about that 'place'].

Maybe I'm relating to the economy thread which was created a few days back, but tbh I just see this as a good source of trade.

EDIT: I guess I wanna hear shiny traders' thoughts out of curiosity

Edited by Imperial

More shinies more merrier. More shinies more cheaper. More cheaper means everyone can have shinies easier. Is there anything bad about it?

[spoiler]One day there will be so much shinies that shinies trader can't get their hands on everything[/spoiler]

I agree! There were no interest for shiny hunters in this game before(only before the mid 2013 update). I did not see the point in changing the shiny rate in the first place. I thought they wanted a game as close to the original and there are not even any disadvantages/advantages for shinies in battle or other things. They are litterally just a bunch of pixels you can collect and enjoy, but I still like the idea them being rare with a possible to encounter chance. There should not be a major nor a minor difference between the player's shiny rate imo. I cannot really see why there should be this difference and none have convinced me why there should be yet.

Edit: Had 150.000+ encounters which seems incredible stupid before the new updates and did not encounter a single shiny. If you need to encounter pokemon for an entire month 24/7 to get a single OT shiny, I do not think there is anyone who is even interested in obtaining one. Also I have not met any shinies after the update but I really hope I do encounter something soon.

Edited by chtap