The MMO Shiny Revolution 2015: SHINYS Left, Right and Centre.

Imperial

NOTE: This thread is not to cause severe arguments, but to try and confirm some rumours that have been going around recently. What not better than making a thread here?!

Someone was bound to make a thread about it, turns out to be me..  :rolleyes:  Anyway...

So it may just be me, but the last 2-3 weeks there have been over 6 new Shinys appearing each day. Around 80% of these shinys are what you'd consider 'rare' shinys (worth over 20m)

Now before you call me crazy, this is what I have to say and I will be happy to provide many screenshots as proof as each day comes:

This seems to be going on since end of August / start of September and it's kind of annoying me. I'm happy for the OTs for their Shinies, but when a rare shiny like Snorlax is found 3 times in a week, and someone finding 2 shiny Digletts in 30 minutes, you know somethings up... now I know what you're gonna say.

• Lots of new players have been starting since the update... but the updates been since mid-August? I've noticed this happening at least 1-2 weeks later.
  • People are just lucky, not really when it seems to be the very rare shinys being found. (Bulbasaur, Kangaskhan, Vulpix, Skarmory). Where are the Pidgeys, Rattatas, etc?

​I feel the rates have been changed somehow, not for the bias of new players , but my assumption is THERE IS MORE CHANCE IN FINDING A 'RARE' / SPECIFIC SHINY THAN AN ORDINARY SHINY.

Already, RENDOM has seen somebody with 2 new shinys in less than an hour...

2hripmq.png

So, new shinys are being found each day that's awesome right? Yes, except money $$ talks. A recent shiny Slakoth was found recently and was sold for as little as 4m, when the value was in fact 30m. 

Either way, I wanted to create this thread to see how many new shinys have been appearing every day, and screenshots for them. I will also be doing this. Is this good for the economy? I do not think so, as shiny trading is realistically the best way to "Profit". It also seems strange that lots of particular shinys are appearing, as far as I'm aware I don't see 10+ players spawning in the same spot for these.

There have been 2 recent topics which were popular informing about the huge impact of poverty on the game, whereas this situation does not help.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Is something up or am I just being one of those 'sore-loser noobs?' If this thread gets out of hand I'll change it. :P

Edited by Imperial

Lastest shiny bulbasaur owner here:

I spent a week hunting on Berry Forest for a shiny (happened to be the rarest one)
My account was created in 2013 so i don't think that the "new accounts higher rates" argument is valid on my case.
Your second point is counter argumented by yourself about being only shiny rares since you're the one saying 2 diglets in less than 30mins appearing.
I remember a thread being posted about shiny rates being low, if in this case they fixed them, what's the problem now?

Edited by shining

NOTE: This thread is not to cause severe arguments, but to try and confirm some rumours that have been going around recently. What not better than making a thread here?!

Ok, so it may just be me, but the last 2-3 weeks there have been over 6 new Shinys appearing each day. Around 80% of these shinys are what you'd consider 'rare' shinys (worth over 20m)

Now before you call me crazy, this is what I have to say and I will be happy to provide many screenshots as proof as each day comes:

This seems to be going on since end of August / start of September and it's kind of annoying me. I'm happy for the OTs for their Shinies, but when a rare shiny like Snorlax is found 3 times in a week, and someone finding 2 shiny Digletts in 30 minutes, you know somethings up... now I know what you're gonna say.

• Lots of new players have been starting since the update... but the updates been since mid-August? I've noticed this happening at least 1-2 weeks later.
  • People are just lucky, not really when it seems to be the very rare shinys being found. (Bulbasaur, Kangaskhan, Vulpix, Skarmory). Where are the Pidgeys, Rattatas, etc?

​I feel the rates have been changed somehow, not for the bias of new players , but my assumption is THERE IS MORE CHANCE IN FINDING A 'RARE' SHINY THAN AN ORDINARY SHINY.

2hripmq.png

So, new shinys are being found each day that's awesome right? Yes, except money $$ talks. The first shiny Slakoth was found recently and was sold for as little as 4m, when the value was in fact 30m. 

Either way, I wanted to create this thread to see how many new shinys have been appearing every day, and screenshots for them. I will also be doing this. Is this good for the economy? I do not think so, as shiny trading is realistically the best way to "Profit". It also seems strange that lots of particular shinys are appearing, as far as I'm aware I don't see 10+ players spawning in the same spot for these.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Is something up or am I just being one of those 'sore-loser noobs?' If this thread gets out of hand I'll change it. :P

I have found a shiny paras and shiny geodude in same 24 hours. its 1/8000 for everyone

Lastest shiny bulbasaur owner here:

I spent a week hunting on Berry Forest for a shiny (happened to be the rarest one)
My account was created in 2013 so i don't think that the "new accounts higher rates" argument is valid on my case.
Your second point is counter argumented by yourself about being only shiny rares since you're the one saying 2 diglets in less than 30mins appearing.
I remember a thread being posted about shiny rates being high, if in this case they fixed them, what's the problem now?

No, new players don't have a higher chance , but I feel that certain Pokemon are easier to get than others.

Yes, common shinys have been appearing, but the rare ones seem to be appearing much more frequently than the more common ones. My point also mainly is with all these Shinys being found, there's more chance of people selling cheap due to lots of people being broke, which will destroy the economy eventually especially as there's only few desired shinys out there.

I have found a shiny paras and shiny geodude in same 24 hours. its 1/8000 for everyone

Nice catches :)

No, Devs have confirmed that the rates are not 1/8192, but they are not giving a specific amount. There are also rumours that since this new information has been leaked, the chances have been tweaked slightly to make it easier.

I am pretty sure they learned from the last time they made this mistake. I think they would have warned the players if they made such a huge change.

But I really hope that chances have been put back to the original 1/8192, so it is the same static variable for all players. I don't like their idea of setting a custom shiny chance for each individual player, because you will never know what your actual chances are or if it is theoretically impossible to encounter any shiny pokemons on your character/account.

I agree that Shiny Pokemon have been appearing more often, but I don't think it's bias toward rare Pokemon.

Here are my thoughts:

• The base shiny rate may have been increased.
  • The algorithm that changes your shiny rate (e.g. if you're a bot, no shinies) may have been rewritten.
  • It's true that there are many new players, even full servers. It's not the reason, but a contributing factor.
  • We may just be getting lucky, the game has been around for three years and shit happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • With cosmetic items tradeable, more people buy donator status with RP instead of clothes/hats.
  • I've seen many common shinies since the update, at least 5 Rattata.
  • I see no problem with more rare shinies in the game, they are already entirely waaaaaay too expensive.

These are just a few points, reasons, and thoughts I've had on the subject. 

Edited by Hiraeth

wow, trapinch is a shiny I actually wanted to find.. (Haven't been any OTs)

First one found too. Prob gonna be sold for 2m when worth an easy 50+

There is another trapinch which is now flygon and the OT doesn't want to sell it, and the sexy jolly trapinch's OT sold it for like 15m, it's now in the trade chat.

Ok, so it may just be me, but the last 2-3 weeks there have been over 6 new Shinys appearing each day. Around 80% of these shinys are what you'd consider 'rare' shinys (worth over 20m)

​I feel the rates have been changed somehow, not for the bias of new players , but my assumption is THERE IS MORE CHANCE IN FINDING A 'RARE' SHINY THAN AN ORDINARY SHINY.

2hripmq.png

So, new shinys are being found each day that's awesome right? Yes, except money $$ talks. The first shiny Slakoth was found recently and was sold for as little as 4m, when the value was in fact 30m. 

first shiny slakoth what? my shiny slakoth has ot early 2013 or something

There is another trapinch which is now flygon and the OT doesn't want to sell it, and the sexy jolly trapinch's OT sold it for like 15m, it's now in the trade chat.

The first was found a few days ago.  B)

Oh right, I haven't been on the last few days so I didn't catch it. 15m is still really cheap though.

Oh right. In that case, first shiny slakoth available for trade. :P

I think he meant the first one found after hoenn came out, I bought it for like 4m and sold it for 30+ and then there was another one found too (sold cheap originally, and the person got 30m+ worth iirc too)

I think he meant the first one found after hoenn came out, I bought it for like 4m and sold it for 30+ and then there was another one found too (sold cheap originally, and the person got 30m+ worth iirc too)

Exactly what I meant. :)

Anyway, I feel that something changed after the rates were confirmed to be different, and weren't announced to prevent 24/7 spawning.

Oh right, I haven't been on the last few days so I didn't catch it. 15m is still really cheap though.

Oh right. In that case, first shiny slakoth available for trade. :P

Nah i bought it from flavajabari a bit ago, not my OT, so it was for trade as well. but i quitted a while ago, thats probably why u never saw it ;)

Nah i bought it from flavajabari a bit ago, not my OT, so it was for trade as well. but i quitted a while ago, thats probably why u never saw it ;)

Yeah lol.

Tbh I might need help rewording this, I made the thread since people have been complaining on several places I wanted a specific place to find out whats going on...

When devs dont release rates people beg for it.

When devs release rates people riot.

What are they supposed to do?

[spoiler]Please be transparent over rates and game mechanics, people will complain but wont stop playing the game. [/spoiler]

It's mis-leading information. It's not about rates, etc. but there's no point working hard to buy a very expensive shiny when you know a new OT will be released in a few days and get sold for like 600% cheaper.

More people complain about the economy being in 'recession' than rates, more on what I'm doing. 

Edited by Imperial

When devs dont release rates people beg for it.

When devs release rates people riot.

What are they supposed to do?

[spoiler]Please be transparent over rates and game mechanics, people will complain but wont stop playing the game. [/spoiler]

People didnt riot because they released rates. they rioted because they outed themselves on a 2 year long lie about rates.

so just dont lie about it at first and things would go better.

as I said before, this game is supposed to be alpha blah blah blah the people should know changes to properly report things blah blah

Edited by Rigamorty

People didnt riot because they released rates. they rioted because they outed themselves on a 2 year long lie about rates.

Exactly.

This is real money which was spent here.

OTT comparison, but if McDonalds (burger food chain) said it was made out of beef, but was actually pork, people would have a right to complain as they are PAYING REAL MONEY for something specific.

It happened here in the UK. with the Horsemeat scandal lol. (not going off topic)

Edited by Imperial

Exactly.

This is real money which was spent here.

OTT comparison, but if McDonalds (burger food chain) said it was made out of beef, but was actually pork, people would have a right to complain as they are PAYING REAL MONEY for something specific.

It happened here in the UK. with the Horsemeat scandal lol. (not going off topic)

difference is that you donate here, they arent forced to give you anything.

difference is that you donate here, they arent forced to give you anything.

No, they are not being forced to, that is true.

Technically IMO it is not a donation as you are getting something in return, so technically it is a payment of some sort, and that was why the debate on mis-leading information came in but that was another issue to what I'm going on about here. :3