An actual money bank

DarkDragonborn

Question

So, I'm kind of new but I've been seeing a lot of people been talking poverty and being poor and stuff, so why not add money bank (I say money bank to avoid misconceptions of people thinking of a "Pokebank".)

With a money bank, you could set 5 options on the bank.

1. 10% deposit

You can deposit 10% of your money each time you win a battle, so that in 2 or 3 months, you'll have like 1m stored into your savings, this would be good if you had a "breeding saving"

2. 30% deposit

Same at 10%, but 30%

3. 50% deposit

Same as 30%, but 50% xD

4. 70% deposit

Same as 50%, but 70%

5. 100% deposit

Maybe you just wanna deposit all of your money .-.

And yeah, you would also have the option to have different savings. 10 savings would be the max, so that you could get all of your nessisary items and pokemon. :)

Pros:

1. Can help poverty problem if used properly (Like if you have a budget.)

2. You would be able to have a look and say "Okay, these funds go here, these go here..." and get your funds out.

3. You can be more organized :)

4. Depending on how much you put in, in a few weeks you may have a few 100k or a few million just in store for you.

Cons:

1. May get hard to keep track of

2. It'd take a while to set up.

7 answers to this question

Alright, I think I read this right.
Basically when a user makes money, a certain amount of that money is taken away and stored in a 'savings account'? 

This doesn't really solve anything.  The problem is that people are having difficulty making money, not that they're having issues saving it, and from what I can tell from this solution it doesn't increase how fun it is to make money, nor does it increase the amount of money they can make.  Assuming I understood the suggestion, this adds nothing that you can't already do by just keeping all your money and manually budgeting it.

Edit:
When I say 'not that they're having issues saving it', I mean that there are a ton of things that demand money in our game, and not many fun ways to make it efficiently.  Sure, you can payday for a week, save it all and have loads of money, but an active player will have to shell out money constantly for comps, items and various other things.  From what I can tell the issue here is that people are needing to spend money at a faster rate than they want to make it, because our methods of making money simply aren't fun.

Edited by DaftKitteh

Nightmares from the Crystal days are coming back to me.... My Mother, stealing half my money to buy useless berries and TMs.... *shiver*

I am not opposed to the idea though. A  little savings account feature would be nice and encourage me to keep some PokeYen stashed for a good deal or something. I like it and would use it. 

I just have a few questions:

How would this be implemented? Do we get an in-game building? Is this a GUI element? Do we get a debit card item?

Is this like a real banking system where you get interest and other bonuses?

If funds are deposited, can they be accessed and withdrawn remotely?

Overall, I think a money management system would be cool. I don't think it should be priority however.

Alright, I think I read this right.
Basically when a user makes money, a certain amount of that money is taken away and stored in a 'savings account'?

This doesn't really solve anything. The problem is that people are having difficulty making money, not that they're having issues saving it, and from what I can tell from this solution it doesn't increase how fun it is to make money, nor does it increase the amount of money they can make. Assuming I understood the suggestion, this adds nothing that you can't already do by just keeping all your money and manually budgeting it.

Edit:
When I say 'not that they're having issues saving it', I mean that there are a ton of things that demand money in our game, and not many fun ways to make it efficiently. Sure, you can payday for a week, save it all and have loads of money, but an active player will have to shell out money constantly for comps, items and various other things. From what I can tell the issue here is that people are needing to spend money at a faster rate than they want to make it, because our methods of making money simply aren't fun.

It's not really to "solve" poverty but to at least slow it down. Manually butcheting your money can still be annoying too, like you may spend too much money but with a $$ bank you could spend the exact amount you were making a budget of. I thought of this as setting up a bank to send money to it. The default option wouldn't send your money to your pc, you'd have to decide that.

I just have a few questions:
How would this be implemented? Do we get an in-game building? Is this a GUI element? Do we get a debit card item?
Is this like a real banking system where you get interest and other bonuses?
If funds are deposited, can they be accessed and withdrawn remotely?

Overall, I think a money management system would be cool. I don't think it should be priority however.

1. Well it would probably just be an NPC at the GC.
2. Not really xD
3. I already said yes to that in the suggestion .-. Edited by XelaKebert
Use the edit button

1. Well it would probably just be an NPC at the GC.

2. Not really xD

3. I already said yes to that in the suggestion .-.

hmm it great idea they could add bank tab were u can deposit ur money or make npc idk much about this one that u know is the bank person who holds ur cash

Edited by KingRechey

So, I'm kind of new but I've been seeing a lot of people been talking poverty and being poor and stuff, so why not add money bank (I say money bank to avoid misconceptions of people thinking of a "Pokebank".)

With a money bank, you could set 5 options on the bank.

1. 10% deposit

You can deposit 10% of your money each time you win a battle, so that in 2 or 3 months, you'll have like 1m stored into your savings, this would be good if you had a "breeding saving"

2. 30% deposit

Same at 10%, but 30%

3. 50% deposit

Same as 30%, but 50% xD

4. 70% deposit

Same as 50%, but 70%

5. 100% deposit

Maybe you just wanna deposit all of your money .-.

And yeah, you would also have the option to have different savings. 10 savings would be the max, so that you could get all of your nessisary items and pokemon. :)

Pros:

1. Can help poverty problem if used properly (Like if you have a budget.)

2. You would be able to have a look and say "Okay, these funds go here, these go here..." and get your funds out.

3. You can be more organized :)

4. Depending on how much you put in, in a few weeks you may have a few 100k or a few million just in store for you.

Cons:

1. May get hard to keep track of

2. It'd take a while to set up.

i like the idea but i like this better

if i transfer a money/pokemon to another player bank account.while they offline or something.