Next Region Discussion Thread

Cyen

What region will come next and when.

This question is for the developers, we don't have any information on which region they're planning to implement next. Also, we can't tell you when it will be implemented because again that's something only the devs can answer. (Which will more likely go like "No ETA")

This question is for the developers, we don't have any information on which region they're planning to implement next. Also, we can't tell you when it will be implemented because again that's something only the devs can answer. (Which will more likely go like "No ETA")

I'm not asking, this is a thread for discussions.

There is way too much for there to be implemented to even consider any other region. Pointless to even speculate.

The real question that I am curious about is, why is everyone all up on this? With fully completed Hoenn and Kanto regions, there is a lot to do, with pretty much all the Gen 3 Pokemon available. What is so exciting about another map to grind through? 

I'm not asking, this is a thread for discussions.

The implementation for a new region is so far off in the future that there is no point of discussing it now. Hoenn was just implemented and i'm pretty sure the devs are concerned on completing the two regions we have now before even thinking about implementing another one. Also, I would like the end game to be worked on, because we really don't have much things to do, adding another region would not resolve the issue. All that being said, I would like to see a custom region in the future, it makes the game much more exciting.

Mhh i feel this is getting out of hand
On the topic on hand there is not really much to say about it
Hoenn isnt completed yet(do enjoy this before u go wanting new things) we have a dutch saying: wie het kleine niet eerd is het grote niet weerd
Means be happy with what u have and let the devs do their own thing
I do get frustrated by all these topics about "johto" or "sinnoh" while there is so much left to improve

Ok now after a while, I see that this internet fight was really stupid. No one is actually inferior because of the registration date. But everyone should still behave respectable, not only to the players who are longer here, but to everyone, no matter the registration date, age or anything else.

My problem with Hoenn is, that it's my least favorite region and I'm already playing the remakes. Also the devs seem to work mostly on competitive things, but I'm not a competitive player so I don't really care about that.

I would like to see Johto next.

wie het kleine niet eerd is het grote niet weerd

Wer das kleine nicht ehrt, ist das große nicht wert.

Dutch is really similar to german, lol.

Edited by Cyen

johto and sinnoh will take forever to complete. Since the devs are not using hack roms for support, they will have to custom make the region johto. Therefore, it will take forever.....

isnt a custom rom the same as a hacked rom? I assumed they would use another engine for the other regions with diffrent graphics and all...

I didn't say custom rom. I said they will Custom Make the game. using another engine or so.

well if they have to custom make the game, it would be a custom rom right? 

nvm, discussing the terms aren't getting us anwhere. and we probably arent gonna any answer from mods anyway

Edited by Tritios

My problem with Hoenn is, that it's my least favorite region and I'm already playing the remakes. Also the devs seem to work mostly on competitive things, but I'm not a competitive player so I don't really care about that.

The devs didn't ask you if you liked hoenn or not before implementing it??? The nerve...

Also, competitive play is such a large part of pokemon now, so they're gonna work on that.

The devs didn't ask you if you liked hoenn or not before implementing it??? The nerve...

Also, competitive play is such a large part of pokemon now, so they're gonna work on that.

Again for you, I said MY problem with Hoenn. This has nothing to do with the devs, it's just the reason why I'm not playing Hoenn in PokeMMO.

Also there are a lot of non-competitive things that need to be worked on, like water reflections or the Joyful Game Corner in Island 2.

johto and sinnoh will take forever to complete. Since the devs are not using hack roms for support, they will have to custom make the region johto. Therefore, it will take forever.....

Why would they have to custom make the regions? Can't they just directly import the maps from the roms like they did with Kanto and Hoenn?