We have hit poverty. We need help!

KaynineXL

Enough said end this poorness! tfw

LYLE is broke

Aw is broke

VALE is broke - fml were always broke

Everyone is broke now a days, braces need to reduce cost big time, spending over 500k to make a good pokemon is not worth it especially for all the grind.

It is starting to become very time consuming, and time wasting.

Literally have to spend 2 weeks farming for around 3 mil now a days.

This needs to change please! ;)

i'm pretty poor aswell, fucking hell the islands are such a bore aswell. i ev trained 2 pokes in satk separately, 1 ev at a time from payday, i gained 100k, like wtf.

maybe the real solution is to get rid of the shiny traders bc they aint even traders theyre hoarders

How would you go about that then?
And even then that would not make sure that the "hoarders" would spend their money on comp as they might just keep the money

Give us your shinys for a decent price and people will give you yen i know a lot of shiny traders with yen like the spinarak he was asking 20M in yen or something dumb not many people have 20M but maybe can do 10M + shinys etc.  or 5M + shinys then sell the other shinys etc..hue if you have no shinys welllllllllllllllllll that sucks lol.

So get rid of shiny traders? hue ofc

Shiny traders have nothing to do with this. They survive off of old money which only supports the fact that the economy offers nothing to new players making money at this moment in time. This is geared towards players which make their own new money. I make and spend my money. I have no time to save when I am busy training and being consumed by money sinks. Competitive players have a lot more on their plate. A lot more than shiny trades do. That's not a debate and I'm not trying to compete. We clearly have more of an issue with grinding.

Give us your shinys for a decent price and people will give you yen i know a lot of shiny traders with yen like the spinarak he was asking 20M in yen or something dumb not many people have 20M but maybe can do 10M + shinys etc.  or 5M + shinys then sell the other shinys etc..hue if you have no shinys welllllllllllllllllll that sucks lol.

please now a days, certain people hog all the shinys. And this would ruin some business for shiny sellers.

If you want to have a discussion about the current economy that is fine and I myself have found some interesting contributions to this discussion already posted in this thread and JJ's suggestion box thread.

However if people are going to spoil it with spam posts and veiled attempts to call out staff members I will be personally closing this thread. This is your chance to have your say on an issue close to everyone's hearts so dont ruin it for the others. 

I disagree with reducing prices. That just means you can crank out just a little more before you have to grind for cash again. I would rather the money making become "fun".

Please elaborate how exactly to make it so that making money becomes fun? Any change to the way in which we make money will be a new grind. Sure it may be interesting at first but if you are still spending 1 hour to get almost no money over and over again for hours just to get one new comp you sure as hell won't be finding that fun after the first day or so. Not to mention that any new ways of making money would ofc be PvE to prevent any sort of exploitation and I doubt many people find any sort of PvE that interesting. Sure battle frontier is nice compared to Islands farming but if you need to do it for the same amount of time as the current system it will become very tedious very quickly. The only way to make it more fun = make it less grindy (for the non-masochistic part of the community at least) by allowing people more time to do what they actually want to do.

Moving along: Short term fix just lower the price of breeding as well as increases everstone hold rate and if there is something more interesting / exciting planned for the economy we won't be punished so much in the meantime.

Shortly after Hoenn came out i quit the game for a while giving away almost everything I had. When I came back i was forced to farm Vs seeker runs to get any amount of comps. Long story short I did 3 vs seeker runs each day every day for over a month just to be able to compete on any level, even then not really having enough comps to compete with the top players (that's only for 1 tier, RIP any new players who want to play more). 

Why again can't we (you, i'm done for good  :rolleyes: ) have automated tournaments?

something like this:

-2 fixed automated tournaments x day (at the very least, might as well be 10)

- min requirement of players, or else they won't start.

- limited number of players from the same team

-as soon as the needed amount of players is in, no one else can sign up (unless someone quits before his first match starts).

-in order to sign up, every players has to talk to one of the nurses in the top floor of any pkmn center,  type his name and then press enter. this should discourage the use of more accounts.

- decent prizes. winning 1 mil in a 3 hours tourney is great but the chances of winning are few, regardless of your skill level. 

assuming you can win 1 tourney out of 3, you'd still be better doing npc runs. And you're not gonna win 1 out of 3 tourneys anyway, no matter who you are.

There you go, no grind and skill rewarding, was it that hard? 

now to code it  :rolleyes:

Lower your prices and start selling stuff you don't need or use.

I could use some choice bands, comps etc...

so make some money guys ;)

*Edit:

Rather then "change the economy"

Just let it balance out.  You guys are hording stuff, there is no way you aren't so lets just let it even out...

Edited by Murcielago

Lower your prices and start selling stuff you don't need or use.

I could use some choice bands, comps etc...

so make some money guys ;)

If we use 600k to make 1 comp and sell it for about 200k we wouldn't be making a profit, that would just be making us even more poor faster.

^Well then start grinding islands and welcome to the world myself and the rest of the newer players play in.

600k to breed one comp?

Your doing it wrong...

This thread is about ways to make money for all players, selling comps for lower amounts of money than we used to breed one poke is just dumb. and i just used 600k as an example, anyways if you have no opinions on making the money grind then don't derail the thread.

Shiny traders have nothing to do with this. They survive off of old money which only supports the fact that the economy offers nothing to new players making money at this moment in time. This is geared towards players which make their own new money. I make and spend my money. I have no time to save when I am busy training and being consumed by money sinks. Competitive players have a lot more on their plate. A lot more than shiny trades do. That's not a debate and I'm not trying to compete. We clearly have more of an issue with grinding.

I spent over 10m almost a full pc box in comps another 2m to get them evd and leveled and regained all that back and more through shiny trading if you can spend tons of time doing islands, eving, dittos farming, everstones shards etc you can shiny trade also lol I do agree there should be better ways to get yen though. Edited by SneaKyKhaLidA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.