We have hit poverty. We need help!

KaynineXL

Pay to win is just a general term I use to describe any type of currency where a currency is needed in order at a chance of winning (Simulated economies aren't much different from the real world anyways.). Any way you cut if you can't get the IV's needed you aren't going to get far. I doubt anyone broke has ever won a tournament so I don't how that isn't Pay to Win.

I won a tourney 

Fin

LilyRox, did you suffer a head injury at birth? Some of the stuff you said is quite hilarious.

"I doubt anyone broke has ever won a tournament so I don't how that isn't Pay to Win." - LilyRox

"The doesn't mean tournaments aren't Pay to Win though." - LilyRox

"Money does equal skill if you have basic knowledge of comp. play. I know exactly what my team would be if I wanted to spend millions on training a team for a tourney." - LilyRox

"It's obvious that the more money/shinies/comps you have, the better your chances of winning a tournament." - LilyRox

1. I play PokeMmo to train my Pokemon, catch Pokemon and socialize. You can't socialize on a GBA.

2. Money does equal skill if you have basic knowledge of comp. play. I know exactly what my team would be if I wanted to spend millions on training a team for a tourney.

3. Yes, I'm totally new. Just look at my sig and account creation. I quit about 2 years ago and never regret it.

4. Lol someone has money and it's not the people losing in tourneys. Cancer Shinies would also be 500k if people really didn't have money. I think what you mean is YOU don't have money.

5. I never said Pay day was too grindy. I meant its just one of the ways to keep a player doing something vs just adding a cash reward after every battle. It causes the value of cash to inflate because people are grinding it night and day meaning unless you use an alt. method like Vael said it's only going to get worse and you'll be Pay daying more than anything else. Why is it bad? Because it causes you to have to use a Pokemon that you probably will get 0 exp from since it's lvl 100 for over an hour vs just adding a general cash reward after every battle with ANY Pokemon. 

1.  21KvCS0GwCL.jpg

2. You could have a dream team, doesnt mean you have RNG on your side, or skill. Bowser/Frags probably werent the richest when they started, and now they are at the top with skill.  

3. Ay hmu ill make you a sig ;)

4. Shiny Traders < Comp Players in terms of sheer numbers.

• 1 month later...

It's ok Kaynine, now you need to grind for cash just to list your Pokemon in this new trade system. They heard us and made it even more shitty smh, money sinks everywhere. I've asked most people and they said they would rather stick to the old trade system, I don't even blame them. With that being said, let's at least decrease the tax upon listing as most already suggested.

Discuss.

It's ok Kaynine, now you need to grind for cash just to list your Pokemon in this new trade system. They heard us and made it even more shitty smh, money sinks everywhere. I've asked most people and they said they would rather stick to the old trade system, I don't even blame them. With that being said, let's at least decrease the tax upon listing as most already suggested.

Discuss.

Whenever we complain about the amount of grinding required they add an extra unnecessary money sink without fixing any of the problems. They will probably add a tax to pay day / vs seeker now because you just complained.

Discuss.

I do disagree slightly actually. I have so much shit in my PC to sell, but I'm just too lazy, now I can sell it without doing anything really. For example, I have a fuck ton of 1x31 Dittos, once I put all those in GTL I can go ditto hunt again. I would probably farm items too if I could just stick them in this place to sell.

Still, I get where you're coming from.. I think the whole point of this thread is that there is not enough $$$ going around, and this will only remove more out of the game. How are people supposed to pay when there is not much yen going around?

Reduce tax to 2%

Max cap it to 200k

Edited by KaynineXL

I saw this topic today. There's a high chance that devs won't even see this, and the mods won't even report this whole thread to them (like in every other game) but i still wanna give my 2 cents.

I only have 300 hours of play time which is nothing compared to some players. I've finished both stories some time ago and the first thing i wanted to do was make some good HM holders and farmers and then a full comp team. This all took me some weeks, maybe almost a full month. They're not 5/6*31, they're simple budget comp breeds. I ended up using my story money and still needed to do a bunch of isle runs and even sell a couple of items.

It wasn't too bad tho, except for the fact that i almost gave up because isle runs are sooooo boring

Recently my team had a small christmas tourney, with christmas themed pokemons. There were prizes for everyone, including 2 shinnies (Considering that our boss was broke, which he said several times, it was really surprising that everyone got a prize. He did everything he could to make everyone happy without taking his own money into account). I got an Overcoat, and i feel hella bad that i had to sell it because i had no cash. Ok sure i could have made that money back in 12 hours with 2 isle runs, but do i wanna do that? hell no. i'm so tired of those islands. I don't even wanna farm dittos because i'm probably one of the most unlucky guys when catching dittos, i usually end up wasting more money on regular balls than making money on dittos because i can rarely catch a 1x31. Will i waste my time trying to sell crappy dittos for 5k each? hell, even 1k would be fine by me, but would anyone buy them? only nabs. And i don't enjoy making money off of nabs because i know how hard it can be for them at some point.

I have no idea if this game has a decent money cap but it should have. I know a guy that knows a guy that has 200kk in his char, and he doesn't want to waste a single cent because he says he has everything he needs. And Im like WTF. 200kk just lying around for no good reason. Pls just cap the money at 100kk or even 50kk. Is there even anything that costs more than 50kk? Maybe a really rare shiny, idk. But making a low cap (which is really not that low would make ppl circulate that money that they have stuck in their accounts.

A nice attractive way of making money, even in small amounts would be nice but i don't have any idea/suggestion to give you right now

I have no idea if this game has a decent money cap but it should have. I know a guy that knows a guy that has 200kk in his char, and he doesn't want to waste a single cent because he says he has everything he needs. And Im like WTF. 200kk just lying around for no good reason. Pls just cap the money at 100kk or even 50kk. Is there even anything that costs more than 50kk? Maybe a really rare shiny, idk. But making a low cap (which is really not that low would make ppl circulate that money that they have stuck in their accounts.

getting the Cap back would make no sense, have you even seen trade chat. almost everything that isnt trash is worth alot more than 50k. 

what we need is another source of cash

But if you ever get a shiny, whisper me :) :) :) :)

I saw this topic today. There's a high chance that devs won't even see this, and the mods won't even report this whole thread to them (like in every other game) but i still wanna give my 2 cents.

I only have 300 hours of play time which is nothing compared to some players. I've finished both stories some time ago and the first thing i wanted to do was make some good HM holders and farmers and then a full comp team. This all took me some weeks, maybe almost a full month. They're not 5/6*31, they're simple budget comp breeds. I ended up using my story money and still needed to do a bunch of isle runs and even sell a couple of items.

It wasn't too bad tho, except for the fact that i almost gave up because isle runs are sooooo boring

Recently my team had a small christmas tourney, with christmas themed pokemons. There were prizes for everyone, including 2 shinnies (Considering that our boss was broke, which he said several times, it was really surprising that everyone got a prize. He did everything he could to make everyone happy without taking his own money into account). I got an Overcoat, and i feel hella bad that i had to sell it because i had no cash. Ok sure i could have made that money back in 12 hours with 2 isle runs, but do i wanna do that? hell no. i'm so tired of those islands. I don't even wanna farm dittos because i'm probably one of the most unlucky guys when catching dittos, i usually end up wasting more money on regular balls than making money on dittos because i can rarely catch a 1x31. Will i waste my time trying to sell crappy dittos for 5k each? hell, even 1k would be fine by me, but would anyone buy them? only nabs. And i don't enjoy making money off of nabs because i know how hard it can be for them at some point.

A nice attractive way of making money, even in small amounts would be nice but i don't have any idea/suggestion to give you right now

Firstly, I staff/devs do read pretty much all suggestion threads as that's the whole point of them

I thought your comment which quite good, until I got to the end. 200k isn't a lot of money, and you can't buy any shiny with 50k. A really rare shiny would be 300m+.

Either way, I get your point.

Edited by KaynineXL

I gave this idea a few months ago...but this is what I think. Upping the E4's difficulty by a landslide (only on their second run and afterwards), increasing their coldown and restoring their huge pay-out, which was like around 60k with an amulet coin. Doing an island run (or at least the island run I do) with an amulet coin gives around 144.2k. This won't affect the economy at all since you can barely abuse this and you could restore the CD back to 6 hours, just like the VS. Seeker.

I gave this idea a few months ago...but this is what I think. Upping the E4's difficulty by a landslide (only on their second run and afterwards), increasing their coldown and restoring their huge pay-out, which was like around 60k with an amulet coin. Doing an island run (or at least the island run I do) with an amulet coin gives around 144.2k. This won't affect the economy at all since you can barely abuse this and you could restore the CD back to 6 hours, just like the VS. Seeker.

I could just make a lot of accounts and spam E4 and become rich as fuck. I think I just abused it :rolleyes:

I think that the main reason devs don't do shit about anything, are alts and how easily they are abused. I know since I'm possibly the best example. So what has to happen, is making us grind money easier, while not adding even more power to alts.

I do have a perfect solution for that, but... why would I talk about it? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Firstly, I staff/devs do read pretty much all suggestion threads as that's the whole point of them

I thought your comment which quite good, until I got to the end. 200k isn't a lot of money, and you can't buy any shiny with 50k. A really rare shiny would be 300m+.

He said 200 Kk which means that he's talking about 200m.

Edited by NikhilR

If you can keep a streak going in battle frontier you can make a decent amount of money selling vitamins. Isnt the highest prize around 2k bp? IF that is true then that will buy you 10 vitamins which will give you 18,250 per 7 3v3 battles. I just cant seem to keep a streak going.

Edited by codylramey

KK, not K. I hate the "m" currency measure

That's exactly my point. there might be shinnies worth 300kk, but they are worth that much because there is people with that much money, not because they are worth that.

But ok, i can agree that making a cap like 100kk (100m for you) might make some ppl mad, but it's not a bad thing considering the amount of ppl that are holding to a lot of cash for no reason. It would make ppl mad because it would change the shiny market forever, they would drop price making ppl lose a lot of "cash" because they bought a high value shiny

EDIT: Just to make clear, capping the amount of money can't be done from day to night. You have to give ppl 2 weeks to use the money they have extra, or they lose it

Edited by Kailido

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.