We have hit poverty. We need help!

KaynineXL

So me and a lot of friends are broke. Literally.

I think with the addition of Confirmed IVs(whichs helps us create comps faster, which in turn also drains our cash faster).

I think this is a knock on effect. Now that people are drained of their money because people can breed faster it takes even longer to sell supplies such as Everstones & Dittos which were peoples main money source.

So right now, it feels like the majority are poor, except those shiny trainers who are hogging the money who don't spend their money on supplies such as Everstones, Dittos or even breeders because majority of them don't even comp.

NPC rematch in Hoenn isn't even worth doing. You don't get much out of it and the NPCs are scattered all over the place, making it even more annoying.

It almost feels like we need to do Islands(which make me want to claw my eyes out), which don't really give too much and give a 6 hour cooldown or paydaying which is incredible terrible game play and really bad money. I would also rather not payday because last time I did that the game gave me a captcha as if I was a bot and I would rather not look like a bot so I don't lesser my chances at encountering shinies.

So now I lead to my main point. Islands have a 6 hour cool down. Why? I feel it's not good for a game to give you a cooldown on game play, because that's how it feel when you have no money.

Why not lower the CD on islands or higher the money gained from Kanto+Hoenn Rematch? Even making the payday higher payout would be nice. Also give us a chunk of cash when we beat E4?

It is much more than just reducing/eliminating the cool-down on the VS. Seeker. All the current methods of making money are tedious, and do not lend themselves to involved game play. Reducing cool-downs is fine in the short term, but I think someone should take a serious look at fun and involved ways to make money. Real quick, here are the methods at present, and what I see as the issue with each:

BF Farming: Probably the most fun, involved, and interesting. Requires skill and attention. However, since the average person who would buy BP is just as broke as everyone else, why buy it when you can farm it yourself? What is worse, if you can not farm it yourself, you probably don't even need it. 

VS. Seeking: Boring, repetitive, and on a 6 hour cool-down. There really is nothing fun about running 5-7 Islands (or all of them like me) every day. It is worse then something like WoW dailies, which while are a little tedious, provide a substantial enough boon and are varied enough to be interesting.

Paydaying: All well fine and good if you are EVing low level pokes, but seriously.... This is the most boring thing in this game. Low payouts, repetitive game play, and no involvement for the player. 

Shard Hunting: See BF farming, except not quite as fun. 

Ditto Hunting and Everstone Farming: A little higher on the likelihood to sell, but much lower on the amount of attention required, and fun to be had. 

I know the balance between sinks and wells is tenuous, but we have defiantly fallen on the wrong side of sinks imo. 

Something like WoW dailies would be very nice. Once a day, you talk to an NPC, they task you to find an item, specific pokemon, or some other task. The NPC gives you are recurring, increasing payout daily. This will help increase retention and attention imo. 

It is much more than just reducing/eliminating the cool-down on the VS. Seeker. All the current methods of making money are tedious, and do not lend themselves to involved game play. Reducing cool-downs is fine in the short term, but I think someone should take a serious look at fun and involved ways to make money. Real quick, here are the methods at present, and what I see as the issue with each:

BF Farming: Probably the most fun, involved, and interesting. Requires skill and attention. However, since the average person who would buy BP is just as broke as everyone else, why buy it when you can farm it yourself? What is worse, if you can not farm it yourself, you probably don't even need it. 

VS. Seeking: Boring, repetitive, and on a 6 hour cool-down. There really is nothing fun about running 5-7 Islands (or all of them like me) every day. It is worse then something like WoW dailies, which while are a little tedious, provide a substantial enough boon and are varied enough to be interesting.

Paydaying: All well fine and good if you are EVing low level pokes, but seriously.... This is the most boring thing in this game. Low payouts, repetitive game play, and no involvement for the player. 

Shard Hunting: See BF farming, except not quite as fun. 

Ditto Hunting and Everstone Farming: A little higher on the likelihood to sell, but much lower on the amount of attention required, and fun to be had. 

I know the balance between sinks and wells is tenuous, but we have defiantly fallen on the wrong side of sinks imo. 

Something like WoW dailies would be very nice. Once a day, you talk to an NPC, they task you to find an item, specific pokemon, or some other task. The NPC gives you are recurring, increasing payout daily. This will help increase retention and attention imo. 

The thing, it's not even about BP farming, Shard farming, ditto hunting, everstone hunting because we'll have the same problem. People don't have the money to spend because grinding yen is hard, repetitive, boring, and low income. So if nobody is grinding the money, who is going to buy the supplies listed above?

Edited by KaynineXL

I have not had a huge problem selling Ditto and everstones, but that is about where any income ends. 

People don't have the money to spend because grinding yen is hard, repetitive, boring, and low income.

That was exactly the point I was making above. Pointing out the primary ways money could be made, and why it is not. 

I have not had a huge problem selling Ditto and everstones, but that is about where any income ends. 

That was exactly the point I was making above. Pointing out the primary ways money could be made, and why it is not. 

It takes me forever to sell Dittos and Everstones.

Oh cool we got Kay to make it, let me join this circle jerk

If anybody is not aware already, I have believed the breeding system is garbage. The breeding system alone amplified the grind, made everybody poor, gave vet players a huge advantage, and overall makes PokeMMO feel like pokemon with a chat box. This is not a multiplayer game unless you're at a tournament. You can't help your  teammate breed because it will consume your hard work. You can't buy comps because nobody wants to trade their hours of grinding for more yen to repeat. In a game where you constantly need to resupply your comp supply and constantly make more things why is it so difficult to do so. What is the gain from making it so grind heavy? Why should players spend 15k on iv braces instead of 5k? Why should ev vitamins cost 3k instead of 1k. What is the point? What are these money sinks accomplishing? I cannot see what is being accomplished by making the majority of the playerbase broke. The most dedicated, active and responsive part of the community is the competitive community. PokeMMO hosts officials and we are the ones fueling it. We fuel the comp alley. Why are competitive players punished? Why are top tier competitive players punished with the grinding also? How are you going to hold tournaments ad not have them worth it to play in. What does 1 mil accomplish for a player? They can buy 2 comps or breed 2 comps? woopdy fucking doo. This player spent hours to make each of the pokemon they used, and they are rewarding with "hey go grind some more and come back next week broke again!."

got lost in my rant

The breeding process is way too tedious

Let's break down the steps to making 1 damn pokemon from scratch and then amplify this 6 times for a whole team.

>I want a Blastoise. Good thing I have a female squirtle starter. Time to find some water/monster breeders.

>I need to come up with breeders for HP, then HP/DEF, then HP/DEF/SATK and so on

>I mindlessly take 2 hours and get a good 2 boxes or so. Maybe I spent 10k or so on balls no problem.

>Now I must breed my wild catches for breeders

>1+ hour of breeding and over 100k spent on braces. Just to breed breeders. BREEDING BREEDERS.

>now I want to start on my squirtle

>oh no i need everstones, better go spend another hour just so I can get everstone.

>Time to breed everything

>another 1 hour and 75k spent on braces for all the ivs to pass

>oh, did I mention over 20k just to keep in female?  so another 100k stacked on there yay

>now i need to train it

>im faced with either 1. paying 190k for vitamins or spending 2hrs or so grinding Evs. Idk which sounds more fun yo

>cool now i simply have to level my comp which shouldnt take over an hour at all

Note: where am I getting this money from? grinding NPC trainers every 6 hours for 90k every chance I get, taking up over 2 hours of my time

>Cool now I have a good competitive blastoise and only exhuasted ALL of my resources and spent way too much time

>Time to make SIX MORE pokemon and then when im done time to make more sets etc.

Why is it so fucking exhuasting?

[spoiler]God this is so unorganized and ugly but im not making this more organized. rant i guess[/spoiler]

Or, implement contests, preferably pvp, but can be pve, whatever. And have it pay out cash.

Just make the payouts "balanced"

A bigger change has to be made. Apparently exact IVs was supposed to make breeding better, but its still garbage. Prices need to turn down, and payouts need to turn up. If those contests were to be any way sustainable they need like 300k per hour to give everybody some comfy time to grind (which would still drain ur money/times.)

Edited by DrCraig

A bigger change has to be made. Apparently exact IVs was supposed to make breeding better, but its still garbage. Prices need to turn down, and payouts need to turn up. If those contests were to be any way sustainable they need like 300k per hour to give everybody some comfy time to grind (which would still drain ur money/times.)

I disagree with reducing prices. That just means you can crank out just a little more before you have to grind for cash again. I would rather the money making become "fun".

Oh cool we got Kay to make it, let me join this circle jerk

If anybody is not aware already, I have believed the breeding system is garbage. The breeding system alone amplified the grind, made everybody poor, gave vet players a huge advantage, and overall makes PokeMMO feel like pokemon with a chat box. This is not a multiplayer game unless you're at a tournament. You can't help your  teammate breed because it will consume your hard work. You can't buy comps because nobody wants to trade their hours of grinding for more yen to repeat. In a game where you constantly need to resupply your comp supply and constantly make more things why is it so difficult to do so. What is the gain from making it so grind heavy? Why should players spend 15k on iv braces instead of 5k? Why should ev vitamins cost 3k instead of 1k. What is the point? What are these money sinks accomplishing? I cannot see what is being accomplished by making the majority of the playerbase broke. The most dedicated, active and responsive part of the community is the competitive community. PokeMMO hosts officials and we are the ones fueling it. We fuel the comp alley. Why are competitive players punished? Why are top tier competitive players punished with the grinding also? How are you going to hold tournaments ad not have them worth it to play in. What does 1 mil accomplish for a player? They can buy 2 comps or breed 2 comps? woopdy fucking doo. This player spent hours to make each of the pokemon they used, and they are rewarding with "hey go grind some more and come back next week broke again!."

got lost in my rant

The breeding process is way too tedious

Let's break down the steps to making 1 damn pokemon from scratch and then amplify this 6 times for a whole team.

>I want a Blastoise. Good thing I have a female squirtle starter. Time to find some water/monster breeders.

>I need to come up with breeders for HP, then HP/DEF, then HP/DEF/SATK and so on

>I mindlessly take 2 hours and get a good 2 boxes or so. Maybe I spent 10k or so on balls no problem.

>Now I must breed my wild catches for breeders

>1+ hour of breeding and over 100k spent on braces. Just to breed breeders. BREEDING BREEDERS.

>now I want to start on my squirtle

>oh no i need everstones, better go spend another hour just so I can get everstone.

>Time to breed everything

>another 1 hour and 75k spent on braces for all the ivs to pass

>oh, did I mention over 20k just to keep in female?  so another 100k stacked on there yay

>now i need to train it

>im faced with either 1. paying 190k for vitamins or spending 2hrs or so grinding Evs. Idk which sounds more fun yo

>cool now i simply have to level my comp which shouldnt take over an hour at all

Note: where am I getting this money from? grinding NPC trainers every 6 hours for 90k every chance I get, taking up over 2 hours of my time

>Cool now I have a good competitive blastoise and only exhuasted ALL of my resources and spent way too much time

>Time to make SIX MORE pokemon and then when im done time to make more sets etc.

Why is it so fucking exhuasting?

[spoiler]God this is so unorganized and ugly but im not making this more organized. rant i guess[/spoiler]

This

[spoiler]Did I ever tell you I spent 3 hours trying to buy 3 green shards on trade. I ended up spending 50k each on them. 150k FOR A GOD DAMN MOVE! 150K![/spoiler]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.