#yoloswag

foshu

Hello everyone,

I am 19 years old, currently attending college studying computer science. I was born and raised in Massachusetts and have been living there since. My parents originate from the Dominican Republic, and from them I have learned to speak Spanish fluently.

You could say I’ve lived an interesting life so far; before high school, I was a fairly successful student and excelled in nearly all of my endeavors. Life was generally easy, but the lack of challenges would have consequences down the line. I ended up attending a private high school for three years, and getting kicked out at the end of the third year for failing to keep up my grades. I attributed this failure to my procrastination, and it was something I would have to get rid of. The following year I attended my city’s public high school, and I hit the books hard. I was able to receive straight A’s through the whole year, and that got me accepted into decent colleges.

In the transition from high school to college, I worked at Microsoft as part of an internship. I can’t say much about it other than it was a huge learning experience. I was a Software Developer in Test, and I worked with a team of people writing test code for a Microsoft product. Not only did I learn a lot about coding, but also about team dynamics and project direction. It was my first time working in an office environment, and it was overall a very enjoyable experience. I should mention now that since early childhood, I’ve had a passion toward all things involving computers. My love of that aspect of technology drove me to revolve my entire career around programming and the like.

But it’s not all work. I’ve been playing videogames for as long as I’ve been around computers. I don’t quite remember what my first console was, but I do remember owning every American released Nintendo and Sega console. I was a devoted gamer the moment I played on the NES for the first time, and ever since then I fully enjoyed what the medium has brought to me.

As for my personal tastes, I would say that they are varied. Truth be told, I’m willing to try most games at least twice. I love puzzle games as much as I love platformers. Both RTS and Grand Strategy hold a special place in my heart. Fighting games, FPSs, and RPGs are at the top of my boat, though racing games are no strangers to me. The only genre I don’t particular enjoy is the MMORPG, as all the ones I’ve tried feel the same. Of course, PokeMMO is the sole exception to this, as it is clearly unlike other MMOs, being based on Pokemon.

All that said and done, I'm just an old fan of Pokemon, and seeing something like PokeMMO get closer and closer to the goal of a true Pokemon multiplayer experience really hits home. Where Game Freak is held back for whatever reason, it makes me smile to see that fans are capable enough to do it on their own. I look forward to seeing this project thrive, even if I may not stick around for everything it goes through.

To victory, my friends.

I did when it first came out. I move around a lot between strategy games. Supreme Commander was nice, but I kept going back to DoW and Red Alert 2 (they ran better on my pc at the time).

Also excellent games, have you played Company of Heroes which runs on the same engine as DoW as well?

Also excellent games, have you played Company of Heroes which runs on the same engine as DoW as well?

No I haven't, which is funny because I remember watching gameplay videos of it all the time. I should check it out eventually.