[Denied]Pickup Item Table (And Finger Puppets)

My suggestion is that we use a slightly modified version of the Pokemon Emerald pickup table

s6nmth.png

This is the table of items available from the pickup skill in Fire Red / Leaf Green. Also notice that all of the good items it offers (Hidden Power TM, Rare Candies, PP Up) are all available at any level. This means that anybody could catch 6 meowth and immediately farm rare candies, Hidden Power TMs, and PP Up.

Notice that it is full of berries. Rare Candies, Hidden Power, and PP up are basically the only useful items on there, as there is already a berry salesman implemented in the game.

THIS is the pickup table from pokemon Emerald.

2pybwxw.png

Major Differences:

1) No berries

2) Wider variety of items

3) The items received vary based on the level of your pokemon.

The variation by level means that somebody has to put time and effort into raising their pokemon in order to get the full benefits of the ability.

I mentioned at the top of the thread that it should be a slightly modified version of the Emerald pickup table. What would I like modified about it? Hidden Power. If you notice, Hidden Power TM is missing from the Pokemon Emerald pickup table.

If anything, the White Herb should be replaced by Hidden Power. This keeps it semi-rare while still being accessible to mid-level trainers.

SOURCE: http://bulbapedia.bu...ickup_(ability)

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Suggestion 2: (Atuan's) An icon on the party bar indicating which pokemon are holding items.

Suggestion 3: The confirmation for removing an item from a pokemon should be removed. There are no negative consequences, and once pickup is implemented it will only serve to be a nuisance.

I'd suggest a scaling chart resembling Emerald but catered specifically to PokeMMO. I'm glad you made this post, as I was right about to.

Drop: Revives, Elixirs, Super Potions etc.

Make the 91-100 (Or just 100) tier something like this:

30% Ultra Ball

10% Rare Candy, Random Vitamin

5% PP UP, Nugget (Equivalent of 5 vitamins, basically)

3% Max Revive, Max Elixir (Nonrenewable otherwise)

1% False Swipe (level 11-30), Hidden Power (level 31-50), Rest (level 51-70), Focus Punch (level 71-90), Earthquake (91-100), Leftovers (81-100)

I realize False Swipe isn't a TM, but it is in the future generations and is a currently implemented and very useful, non-competitive move. I see no reason not to implement it, as it won't change the meta game and won't mess with the current or future TM list.

I'm glad you made this post, as I was right about to.

Yeah, I had been wanting to for a few weeks, but I din't bother since pickup wasn't even being worked on. I felt now was a more appropriate time for it.

And I definitely agree with having some sort of 'PokeMMO exclusive" table. I do't have many ideas how to change it, though. Except for thinking that Rare Candy should stay as 5% until level 80-100 or so.

First can we discuss how you look like this guy?

greg-grunberg-an-evening-with-heroes-RCgGW5.jpg

OKAY BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS:

The only thing I wonder is if we could also include the suggestion (I think it might have been yours, actually) where there is a "held item" icon on the pokemon in your party like there is in the actual games. That way when we're farming items we don't have to check all 5/6 pokemon after every battle.

EDIT: New suggestion!

Remove the confirmation window when removing a held item from a pokemon. It's going to get reeeeeeeeeally annoying once we start farming items on several pokemon at a time.