Lower the Price of Breeding Braces

DoubleJ

Question

Was thinking exactly this earlier, it's absolutely ridiculous that you have to spend close to around 500k for to breed your own 5x31 comp, and that's excluding actually catching/getting the pokemon to begin with. plus everstones...etc etc - I was thinking to either lower the prices, would be preferred or even to implement so we could get the braces with battle points from the Battle Frontier. would be pretty cool too.

Edited by Parke

Was thinking exactly this earlier, it's absolutely ridiculous that you have to spend close to around 500k for to breed your own 5x31 comp, and that's excluding actually catching/getting the pokemon to begin with. plus everstones...etc etc - I was thinking to either lower the prices, would be preferred or even to implement so we could get the braces with battle points from the Battle Frontier. would be pretty cool too.

for a 5x31 that isn't ridiculous at all.

for a 5x31 that isn't ridiculous at all.

If you're breeding it, it kinda is.

It's not exactly logical for those who arent as rich as others ingame to have to grind for about 3/4 days straight just so they can breed one pokemon, to then have to continue the same thing to do it again afterwards - kinda takes the fun away from it all, or so I think. 

I do breed, and I am far from rich, start from less than 100k every time.  For a perfect pokemon 500k is extremely easy to come by. Especially with the time saved from exact IV's.  If its an issue for you perhaps you should aim a little lower, you can breed a perfectly fine, great pokemon, for considerably less and not lose much if anything from it.

I do breed, and I am far from rich, start from less than 100k every time.  For a perfect pokemon 500k is extremely easy to come by. Especially with the time saved from exact IV's.  If its an issue for you perhaps you should aim a little lower, you can breed a perfectly fine, great pokemon, for considerably less and not lose much if anything from it.

how is 500k extremely easy to come by?

how is 500k extremely easy to come by?

Refighting trainers?  Between vs seeker and match call pretty sure I have read you can make half of that in one run.  I only bother with vs seeker, twice a day, and make half of that.  For a perfect pokemon its a perfectly reasonable price.

Not to mention so many conveniences saving you time you could use to make money elsewhere.  Exact IV's, being able to relearn egg moves & pre-evo moves.
BP has become stupidly easy.

I'm not saying what I said about myself, I'm more than able to breed what I need to, but i just feel 15k for one brace is abit much. That's all.

Refighting trainers?  Between vs seeker and match call pretty sure I have read you can make half of that in one run.  I only bother with vs seeker, twice a day, and make half of that.  For a perfect pokemon its a perfectly reasonable price.

Not to mention so many conveniences saving you time you could use to make money elsewhere.  Exact IV's, being able to relearn egg moves & pre-evo moves.

So after just 12 hours, I might have enough money to breed a comp pokemon. There is definitely a problem with that, and saying 500k for a 5x31 isnt even correct anyway. I've bred one pokemon since the update, and I started with a 4x27+  from before the update. It cost me about 500k just to get the 5th IV and the nature

So after just 12 hours, I might have enough money to breed a comp pokemon. There is definitely a problem with that, and saying 500k for a 5x31 isnt even correct anyway. I've bred one pokemon since the update, and I started with a 4x27+  from before the update. It cost me about 500k just to get the 5th IV and the nature

12 hours sure, but probably only two hours of that you would actually be doing something.  You could go do other things to shorten the time spent.  Either way for a complete pokemon not much time at all.

That was his number, if it was accurate or not doesn't matter, for 500k you can breed multiple more than acceptable pokemon. 

Sorry but not buying it. Just because they implemented some features that should have been there from the beginning because those features only make sense for having in this game is no argument to reason that farming should be tedious as it is. What comes to BP becoming "stupidly easy" to get, I can't even... Possibly hundreds of hours of grinding possibly just to moveset that one Pokemon even competitively usable. Not to mention how boring Trainer Tower in general was.

12 hours sure, but probably only two hours of that you would actually be doing something.  You could go do other things to shorten the time spent.  Either way for a complete pokemon not much time at all.

That was his number, if it was accurate or not doesn't matter, for 500k you can breed multiple more than acceptable pokemon. 

so 500k in just two hours? is your name harry? because you are a wizard.

Sorry but not buying it. Just because they implemented some features that should have been there from the beginning because those features only make sense for having in this game is no argument to reason that farming should be tedious as it is. What comes to BP becoming "stupidly easy" to get, I can't even... Possibly hundreds of hours of grinding possibly just to moveset that one Pokemon even competitively usable. Not to mention how boring Trainer Tower in general was.

Think you missed the point.  More than half the grind is gone, money is only an issue if you are breeding perfect pokemon, in which case it should be stupidly expensive and take more time.

so 500k in just two hours? is your name harry? because you are a wizard.

Didn't say 500k, was assuming 12 hours is two vs seeker resets, takes like an hour per vs seeker run?

Think you missed the point.  More than half the grind is gone, money is only an issue if you are breeding perfect pokemon, in which case it should be stupidly expensive and take more time.

Breeding the same pokemon with just 5x25 costs the same amount of money andbis fat fron perfect

My point is that just because it has been harder before (especially because of stupid reasons) doesn't mean it needs to be hard now. I mean, why do we even want to make the gap so big for new players to even get a single competitive team? And what comes to experienced players they will always want to build a new Pokemon or a same Pokemon with new moveset, nature, etc. so not like the endgame will be over for experienced players because we honestly have close to 200 fully evolved Pokemon in this game.

I don't care what anyone says, this game revolves around competitive play. It's literally what all the economy bases on. And why to make it that hard without any reason?

It is a bit ridiculous really, makes me qant to quit playing this game. I bred a pikachu these days, because it needed hidden power I needed to focus on all 6 IVs, raising the costs to well over 2 million. Then come the special moves, which I would get if the game didn't repeatedly disconnect me during the Battle Frontier. I think breeding a 6x31 should cost up to 1 million. Tere is not ony the cash involved, but literally the hundreds of wild catches too.

It is a bit ridiculous really, makes me qant to quit playing this game. I bred a pikachu these days, because it needed hidden power I needed to focus on all 6 IVs, raising the costs to well over 2 million. Then come the special moves, which I would get if the game didn't repeatedly disconnect me during the Battle Frontier. I think breeding a 6x31 should cost up to 1 million. Tere is not ony the cash involved, but literally the hundreds of wild catches too.

You can change hidden power relatively easy now so hp breeding is pretty cheap.

Not without losing highly valued IV's
Breeding for HP is still the best solution

I'd rather spend 200k making a decent comp that may or may not end up with 30 speed than spend 2 mil to get 31 speed and a certain hp.

However I usually work on a budget so I can see that breeding for hp is still the best way if you have money. But at least now anyone can get what HP they want on a poke no matter their budget.

I'd rather spend 200k making a decent comp that may or may not end up with 30 speed than spend 2 mil to get 31 speed and a certain hp.

However I usually work on a budget so I can see that breeding for hp is still the best way if you have money. But at least now anyone can get what HP they want on a poke no matter their budget.

breeding a poke with a 30 iv loss wont be used in comp
Sure money can be a problem but then again 200k for 30 iv loss aint worth it eiher Edited by Bilburt